Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Next on Gordon Ramsay, cooking meat pies with special guest Arya Stark.
    Roflmao ty for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    No, there was too much time in between these kills. But Lancel's name should have been the first to pop up. Also both Lancel and Loras were wounded and thus not at 100%.
    But that's me nitpicking ^^
    True, Ether way I am quite happy with this episode and overall I feel this season was the best for GoT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Don't you remember her having the Mountain keep Tommen in his room? She didn't count him jumping out of the window.
    Ya kinda why it should be like a negative in points due to friendly fire

- - - Updated - - -

Also can anyone explain the scene with ned stark to me?

So is the baby John and hes a full blood stark or something?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also can anyone explain the scene with ned stark to me?

So is the baby John and hes a full blood stark or something?
    John Snow is both Targaryan and Stark. Rhaegar Targaryan + Lyanna Stark = Jon Snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Does that really bother you? I mean, they could throw in a bunch of "three months later..." or "meanwhile, in Dorne..." intros to every scene, but that would be damn annoying. When it seems like someone has moved far pretty fast, just assume that some time has gone by, and they didn't waste an episode chronicling the epic journeys of Varys across the sea.
    Does it seem like it bothers me? I was just responding to someone who was pointing out the inconsistency of an important character seeming to be in two places at once. I've read the books and watched every episode of the show, I'm pretty much used to how everything just runs together with no sense of time. I'm not sure there is a way to do it and have it be meaningful without being annoying, especially with a show as expansive as this.

But at the same time, I can see how it's off-putting to others.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    John Snow is both Targaryan and Stark. Rhaegar Targaryan + Lyanna Stark = Jon Snow.
    Preferably my way though. Makes a Song of Ice and Fire sound better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    That episode was fantastic. Like it actually deserves the 10/10 rating that last weeks episode got (that it shouldn't have).
    I was dreading Dorne coming back, but old Tyrell destroying the shitty little sisters was fantastic.
    One thing I like about this show is the way the writers are obviously both trolling and giving shout-outs to fan theories.

Last week when the Hound pissed in that pond was an obvious trolling of the people hoping for LSH.

This week there was the Frey Pie thing. This was a really obscure fan theory that I thought was silly.. yet they found a way to sneak a reference to it into the show.

And finally.. the sand snakes. How many of you were like me and as soon as the camera went to the scene in Dorn your first thought was ´oh great, terrible acting incoming´... but the writers used the old lady to basically take away all of the sand snakes lines and make them just background props.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    The King in the North!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    And finally.. the sand snakes. How many of you were like me and as soon as the camera went to the scene in Dorn your first thought was ´oh great, terrible acting incoming´... but the writers used the old lady to basically take away all of the sand snakes lines and make them just background props.
    I hope the Sand Snakes are the first to die when they get to King's Landing.

Remember Aemon waking up and saying the Dragon must have three heads? He said he was too old to help her (Danny), Jon is now confirmed as Targaryen...so who is the 3rd? Is it Tyrion? He is thought to possibly be the rape child of the Mad King and Tywin's wife (who was also his cousin..fucking incest runs in the family). If not Tyrion then who has Targaryen blood and can be the third head of the dragon?

I've heard it theorized lately that Jaimie will be the Prince that was Promised. He will kill Cersei as she is destroying Kings Landing before Danny can take it. Amidst all the destruction (salt and smoke) he kills her with Oathkeeper which was apparently lost by Brienne as she dies defeating the Mountain. It turns into Lightbringer as he kills the only person he loves in life, for him the ultimate sacrifice.

This fits a lot of the prophecy and fulfills Cersei's own as he is her younger sibling by seconds. It also sounds like something Martin would do, misdirection being one of his favorite things. The only problem is as I understand it, the Prince is supposed to be of Targaryen blood. Jaimie is not. That only leaves Danny, Jon and whoever the 3rd head is. Everything so far has really pointed to Danny. As Aemon saw it she has already fulfilled all of the prerequisites. But that would almost be too easy and obvious. A happy ending this show is not going to have. As Ramsey said, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Remember Aemon waking up and saying the Dragon must have three heads? He said he was too old to help her (Danny), Jon is now confirmed as Targaryen...so who is the 3rd? Is it Tyrion? He is thought to possibly be the rape child of the Mad King and Tywin's wife (who was also his cousin..fucking incest runs in the family). If not Tyrion then who has Targaryen blood and can be the third head of the dragon?

I've heard it theorized lately that Jaimie will be the Prince that was Promised. He will kill Cersei as she is destroying Kings Landing before Danny can take it. Amidst all the destruction (salt and smoke) he kills her with Oathkeeper which was apparently lost by Brienne as she dies defeating the Mountain. It turns into Lightbringer as he kills the only person he loves in life, for him the ultimate sacrifice.

This fits a lot of the prophecy and fulfills Cersei's own as he is her younger sibling by seconds. It also sounds like something Martin would do, misdirection being one of his favorite things. The only problem is as I understand it, the Prince is supposed to be of Targaryen blood. Jaimie is not. That only leaves Danny, Jon and whoever the 3rd head is. Everything so far has really pointed to Danny. As Aemon saw it she has already fulfilled all of the prerequisites. But that would almost be too easy and obvious. A happy ending this show is not going to have. As Ramsey said, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."
    Don't forget Bran, there's always a possibility for him to warg into a dragon if Tyrion doesn't happen to be a Lannister but i'm willing to bet if they throw all the budget in these next two seasons, we'll see an ice dragon for him to control which would leave Tyrion as the only one left to be a Targaryen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    One thing I like about this show is the way the writers are obviously both trolling and giving shout-outs to fan theories.

This week there was the Frey Pie thing. This was a really obscure fan theory that I thought was silly.. yet they found a way to sneak a reference to it into the show.
    The pie thing wasn't really a theory, it was already foreshadowed in the books and show long ago with the story of the Rat King that old nan told to the Stark children.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post

Jon is pretty much confirmed as the prince that was promised.

This post sums it up well
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron..._significance/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    The pie thing wasn't really a theory, it was already foreshadowed in the books and show long ago with the story of the Rat King that old nan told to the Stark children.
    Was a good touch. Believe it was shown in S3 before Bran and Co meet Sam.

Don't forget Bran, there's always a possibility for him to warg into a dragon if Tyrion doesn't happen to be a Lannister but i'm willing to bet if they throw all the budget in these next two seasons, we'll see an ice dragon for him to control which would leave Tyrion as the only one left to be a Targaryen.
    That's another thing about the prophecy saying that the Prince will wake dragons from stone. Now Danny has already done that, but could someone else wake dragons from Dragonstone? That place was built by Valyrians before the Doom. It wouldn't surprise me if they were somehow able to put dragons in reserve inside the stone of the island. From the man himself - “If you look at how the citadel of Dragonstone was built and how in some of its structures the stone was shaped in some fashion with magic... yes, it's safe to say that there's something of Valyrian magic still present.”
    - George R. R. Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Found this on reddit. To end all discussion of whether Varys has learned teleportation magic, here's definitive proof that his appearance on the ship happens a long time after his appearance in Dorne: there are Tyrell and Martell ships on Dany's fleet.

http://imgur.com/a/rhjDw
    Yeah, I hate all the idiots who talk about jetpacks and teleportations. Do the writers of the show really need to add a scene every time someone takes a carriage or boat rides and show the entire thing.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It does. I mean the show didn't reveal anything I didn't already believe firmly. Like the only thing the show could do is not do that but like they were building to that this whole time.

To be honest though, at this point he aught be called Jon Stark, for all intensive purposes he is as Stark as Sansa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Jon is pretty much confirmed as the prince that was promised.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron..._significance/.
    That's an interesting theory and more points for Jon, but I wouldn't say it's confirmed by any stretch. There are good points to be made for several people. It will be the one we least expect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    R+L=J, fuckin' finally. Don't know why they kept Lyanna's whisper away from us, what's the point if they showed adult Jon right after showing baby Jon? That she revealed she MARRIED Rhaegar? If R+L=J, it's pretty clear, no?
    I'm pretty sure the whisper was Jon's true birth name. While Rhaegar and Lyanna could have named him after Rhaegar's friend Jon Connington, and Ned could pass it off as naming him after Jon Arryn, I could swear Lyanna lipped a different name.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron..._significance/

- - - Updated - - -

My problem with that is Jon was already born when Ned placed the sword there. I guess it could mean metaphorically being born as Jon Snow though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    for all intensive purposes
    I know this is OT, but it's "all intents and purposes." Not intensive purposes.

Also, I agree that they may as well call him Jon Stark at this point.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The look on Jamie's face.... he leaves Kings Landing for like a week and Cersei goes and basically detonates a fantasy nuclear weapon under a chunk of it.

Littlefinger keeping the secret to himself?
    If it got out that Jon was half Targ, would that cause the other Northern houses to protest?

Will be interesting to see how that pans out.