Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If the same level of urgency had been present in Rotherham, Brexit might not have even happened.
    savage.

Anyway, OT: These people are just racists, the fact that they hide behind the vote leave crowd is just what scummy people do. You find them hiding in religions, in political groups, in social movements, etc. I voted leave, and I didn't vote it because of immigrants. Also, wanting unskilled immigrants to leave doesn't automatically make you racist, it just means you're selfish, if that. Theres limited resources, jobs and homes in the UK, if you're to come here, the least you can do is have something to offer.

An entirely reasonable opinion, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think the only possible states of being are pacifistic political correctness and a society driven by hate for neighbors.

Your argument seems to be, "meet our standards of politeness or we'll punch you in the face, and you're an awful asshole if you're not sufficiently polite".
    Ummm... Where did i threaten to hurt people if they weren't PC? o_O

I think you're over-embelishing things, which is what led to the stupidity that is Brexit and Donald Dump

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Absolutely not. I think your being awfully narrow minded in your assumption of black/white night/day outcomes.
    Just like Spectral, your lack of posdible "grey" suggetions is telling. And as i said, read a history book and show me where it doesn't lead to neighbor disputes.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I think you're over-embelishing things, which is what led to the stupidity that is Brexit and Donald Dump
    You used the phrase "race war". Maybe we mean different things by that term.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like Spectral, your lack of posdible "grey" suggetions is telling.
    Are you fucking kidding? You're the one that's suggested that the only options are political correctness or segregation and race war.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You are still racist, still wrong, and you still haven't won. You won the referendum, but that doesn't mean everyone has to go along with it, or that people shouldn't do everything in their power to change the outcome.

If article 50 will be invoked, the EU must do everything in its power to aid Scotland gain its independence from the UK and dismantle the UK as a political entity.
    Why am i racist? Never said a bad word to or about any minoritys(am a gay POC man btw so throw your white cis male card out the window)
    I just don't want to be told what do by someone i can never vote for? You seem angry and bitter. Oh and good for scotland, If i remember history correctly the Romans built that wall and England can build it again.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Just like Spectral, your lack of posdible "grey" suggetions is telling. And as i said, read a history book and show me where it doesn't lead to neighbor disputes.
    Cool story bro, I think you need to go back and re-examine what your talking about. Many people are not happy with immigrants, I'd assume the majority of people are tolerant and tolerate them. Which is a grey area. Which is not black and white. I'd venture to say a great many of those people that are lashing out are people who tolerate immigrants but are venting frustration of the "in your face, down your throat" policy's of government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Racism against immigrants is a huge problem in the US when the economy is bad. When the economy is good, immigration stops being an issue.

*img*
    Yes, but that happened well before the Brexit vote. There's an argument here to blame this lack of advancement on joining the EU (I'm not saying that is true, I'm saying there's an argument for it).

Plus, all those numbers are measured in percentages when some of those groups are making 50c a day, then yeah, making a dollar a day is a net 100% gain! There's a real problem with using percentages and not dollar values in these kinds of charts.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

You do realize you're setting up a segregated society and inviting race-wars, right? Because that is the only outcome of NOT being politically correct leads to,
    Being politically correct is ones choice. Legislating political correctness sets up segregation and race-wars.

I compare how the government handles "relations" between it's citizens to the way police handles situations.

If a policeman pulls over someone who is clearly distraught, we expect the policeman to diffuse the problem, not escalate it, correct? Technically, if that distraught person is being uncooperative, the policeman has the right to do many things, but if those things escalate the problem and we end up with a dead person, we all get very mad and blame the police for not better handling the situation, even if they were just in their actions and we find nothing to charge them on.

Compare that now to what we see in a politically correct government administration like this one in the US now. What we see are comments coming out of a president that fuels animosity in those with racist tendencies. It also fuels and promotes groups who say they promote minorities by starting riots, committing crimes, and causing destruction. This is not diffusing the issue, it is escalating the issue. The president should be working to diffuse problems and solve race issues via methods that don't escalate the issue, for either side! This president has taken us to this point where he wants to force race to be at the forefront of every coversation, of every situation. When you want to change peoples hearts and minds, scolding them and telling them they're wrong and owe others everything is not the way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    I mean, If this where muslim extremists, they would be called that, and the peaceful rest of muslims would be left alone by the media.

Why is the media framing this like the entire leave side are racist twats that do this simply because they want foreigners to be thrown out?
    Free flow of people is something you should be able to oppose without being framed as racist bigot, when you see what it does to the smaller
    communities etc.

But the media in every fricken country is EU friendly, and painting the opponents as racists is the easy way for these populist cunts.
    Nevermind talking about the undemocratic faceless corporate nobility that sits in Brussel and governs laws in 27 wildly different countries.

Atleast one of these countries have come to their senses.
    To leavers, it's shaming tactics. For remainers, it's an ego boost. For everyone else, it's business as usual.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Didn't Scotland already vote to stay with the UK? I swear, you remain people are cancer to democracy. The people of Britain spoke, the majority of voters wanted to leave this undemocratic invasive richmans club in Brussels.

The other side is throwing tantrum after tantrum, trying their hardest to frame the brexit side as racist bigots. And you as well here start spouting words like racist.

Grow up....
    Scotland voted to remain in the UK under different conditions. Conditions have changed. Maybe they don't want to be British anymore.

The Leave side is racist xenophobic ignorant bigots. And no matter how hard you try and pretend they aren't...they are.

Deleted
    Scotland voted to remain in the UK under different conditions. Conditions have changed. Maybe they don't want to be British anymore.

The Leave side is racist xenophobic ignorant bigots. And no matter how hard you try and pretend they aren't...they are.
    You're aware your comment itself is xenophobic

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're aware your comment itself is xenophobic
    What about this post is xenophobic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What about this post is xenophobic?
    I actually meant bigoted not xenophobic

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I actually meant bigoted not xenophobic
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

This issue is an absolute for me. If you voted Leave you are either xenophobic, racist, ignorant or stupid, or any combination thereof.

10+ Year Old Account

This issue is an absolute for me. If you voted Leave you are either xenophobic, racist, ignorant or stupid, or any combination thereof.
    Not all the leave arguments were without merit, though I personally believed the case for remain outweighed them, so it is childish to claim they are one or some of those.

How does it make you any better if you are just going to use an immature claim about them?

Deleted

But that makes you look ignorant and petulant. Yes a % are what you say but not 100%

Deleted
    British showing their true face. Face of idiotic, ignorant, inbred pillocks. How surprising.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-06-30 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted

New figures are in and tell a different story, apparently.

Didn't Scotland already vote to stay with the UK? I swear, you remain people are cancer to democracy. The people of Britain spoke, the majority of voters wanted to leave this undemocratic invasive richmans club in Brussels.

The other side is throwing tantrum after tantrum, trying their hardest to frame the brexit side as racist bigots. And you as well here start spouting words like racist.

Grow up....
    I think that scotland didn't so much vote to stay with the UK but with the EU. A not insignificant portion of people voted stay because leaving the UK would mean leaving the EU. The same can probably be said of some of the people who voted leave: they wanted to leave the EU. I don't see the second as being the case because of the renewed calls for independence but it's not like I've got polls to back it up, so it's just speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not all the leave arguments were without merit, though I personally believed the case for remain outweighed them, so it is childish to claim they are one or some of those.

How does it make you any better if you are just going to use an immature claim about them?
    Exactly and that's a big issue I am having with the attitude of people on both sides, it's making a difficult situation even harder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    British showing their true face. Face of idiotic, ignorant, inbred pillocks. How surprising.
    Don't you mean less than 50%?