Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Nah I have no activism against violence in black communities
    What a surprise; someone who only posts about race to inveigh against black people engaging in resistance action against white supremacy has no track record of caring about black suffering, even when that suffering comes at the hands of other black people.

Try to bait that hook better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont assume, like i said i see it happen. and it is actually a policy of many police departments to profile people based on their race. heck in arizona they passed laws that encourage it, letting police detain people on their supposed immigration status.
    Does Arizona have a problem with illegal immigrants? Maybe then it's not oppression, but rather the law responding accordingly?

Do you think your mom may be privileged compared to others? Since some people, like the Arab guy mentioned, was racially profiled and ended up in the hospital, whereas the most difficult thing your mom goes through is that sometimes people in stores pester her?
    yea its the weirdest thing, people get treated differently based on their race. whatever's en vogue to hate gets the worst treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    What a surprise; someone who only posts about race to inveigh against black people engaging in resistance action against white supremacy has no track record of caring about black suffering, even when that suffering comes at the hands of other black people.

Try to bait that hook better next time.
    It's interesting that you refer to black violence as resistance against white supremacy lol. I think that about says it all. I'm merely discussing why things like racism occur, if you have no intent on wanting to provide solutions, why discuss the problem? Also, if black activists aren't interested in an honest conversation about race, what does that say about them?

When you can't debate someone, just occur them of trolling and duck the conversation, the Slybak way.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    No they totally do, you're treating me differently because I'm white. Hell your mom won't even visit "whiter" areas apparently, so much white privilege.

I should start a blog and whine about all your micro aggressions or something.
    but if people think im white then obviously im not oppressing you, right?
    i'll just keep on enjoying white privelege and laugh at people who say it doesnt exist. and i didnt say she wont, just that she feels afraid sometimes. weird to think that other people dont have the same experiences as you huh?

yea its the weirdest thing, people get treated differently based on their race. whatever's en vogue to hate gets the worst treatment.
    I'll be honest I don't really consider getting pestered in stores oppression lol. I get pestered from time to time when I go to various stores, but I got to say if that's the biggest thing she has to deal with, she is probably going to turn out fine.

Does Arizona have a problem with illegal immigrants? Maybe then it's not oppression, but rather the law responding accordingly?
    do they have a problem with immigration or with mexicans? dont hear a lot about canadian immigrants having to produce papers on the spot.

do they have a problem with immigration or with mexicans? dont hear a lot about canadian immigrants having to produce papers on the spot.
    That's probably because they get very few canadian immigrants in Arizona compared to illegal immigrants.

but if people think im white then obviously im not oppressing you, right?
    This is a random statement, I don't even know what you're trying to say.

i'll just keep on enjoying white privelege and laugh at people who say it doesnt exist.
    And then when people point out examples that go against your confirmation bias, just pretend they're lying!

and i didnt say she wont, just that she feels afraid sometimes.
    Point remains.

weird to think that other people dont have the same experiences as you huh?
    That's what I'm saying, but you won't believe me because I'm white.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

That's probably because they get very few canadian immigrants in Arizona compared to illegal immigrants.
    candians cant be illegal? its not like the border is heavily guarded up there.

candians cant be illegal? its not like the border is heavily guarded up there.
    What I'm saying is that it's much more uncommon to have canadians sneaking into the country illegally as opposed to Mexicans, it can happen, but rarely does. That is why Arizona sets up their laws accordingly.

This is a random statement, I don't even know what you're trying to say.

And then when people point out examples that go against your confirmation bias, just pretend they're lying!

Point remains.

That's what I'm saying, but you won't believe me because I'm white.
    no i dont believe you cause i brought up a very specific example. it goes against your confirmation bias that 2 people could be treated differently because of their race. maybe it did happen to you, but i seriously doubt that it was because you were white. which is my point. my mom got treated bad because of her race. why is that so hard for you to accept?

It's interesting that you refer to black violence as resistance against white supremacy lol. I think that about says it all. I'm merely discussing why things like racism occur, if you have no intent on wanting to provide solutions, why discuss the problem? Also, if black activists aren't interested in an honest conversation about race, what does that say about them?
    Black activists have been having these conversations since before either of us, either of our parents, or either of our grandparents were even born. You just don't know about those conversations because, as you continually demonstrate, you have no interest in ending black suffering - it is, after all, a valuable tool for the purpose of obfuscation - so you're not looking for them. To the extent that black activists are hesitant to have these discussions publicly, its because they know, through experience, that discord within black communities will just be cynically exploited by racists. Like what you're doing now, and what you have been doing, at least on this forum, for at least two-plus years.

What I'm saying is that it's much more uncommon to have canadians sneaking into the country illegally as opposed to Mexicans, it can happen, but rarely does. That is why Arizona sets up their laws accordingly.
    right. so they set up their laws specifically for mexicans. who are most often hispanic. nevermind that the most native born us citizens in arizona are also hispanic. so is it logical to "set things up accordingly" to have 60% of the population have to produce papers on site?

No real teacher would teach this nonsense.

maybe it did happen to you, but i seriously doubt that it was because you were white. which is my point. my mom got treated bad because of her race. why is that so hard for you to accept?
    How does it feel knowing you are actually the thing you're complaining about? Treating someone negatively because of their race.

Black activists have been having these conversations since before either of us, either of our parents, or either of our grandparents were even born. You just don't know about those conversations because, as you continually demonstrate, you have no interest in ending black suffering - it is, after all, a valuable tool for the purpose of obfuscation - so you're not looking for them. To the extent that black activists are hesitant to have these discussions publicly, its because they know, through experience, that discord within black communities will just be cynically exploited by racists. Like what you're doing now, and what you have been doing, at least on this forum, for at least two-plus years.
    TL;DR: White peoples' fault. All of it.
    Last edited by Post; 2016-07-03 at 01:10 PM.

How does it feel knowing you are actually the thing you're complaining about? Treating someone negatively because of their race.
    it feels like i could have used any example and you would have said it also happened to you.

have you been denied service at a barbershop because you were white? that actually happened to a friend of mine.

TL;DR: White peoples' fault. All of it.
    TL;DR: Being white didn't prevent me from stubbing my toe when I got out of the shower this morning, ergo white privilege doesn't exist.

it feels like i could have used any example and you would have said it also happened to you.
    That's because of your racial bias apparently.

TL;DR: Being white didn't prevent me from stubbing my toe when I got out of the shower this morning, ergo white privilege doesn't exist.
    Well you attempted to use TL;DR, and failed miserably.

That's because of your racial bias apparently.
    what racial bias? i am part white, therefore i cant be biased. thats how it works, i have experienced equal oppression as you.