Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Dawn isnt a Valarian steel sword though.
    Same properties as Valyrian steel but made from a meteorite I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    As I said, a Valyrian blade isn't going to make anyone a better fighter. But they are sharper, and never ever lose the sharpness. Which is quite significant.

Also Dayne clearly wasn't using Dawn in the show he was doing some weird dual-wield shit. And yeah what the guy above me said is true.

They stated the sword was dawn. Also, it is stated dawn is pretty much the same as valarian steel , except it was forged from a meteorite.

I'm not arguing anything else beyond the fact that from what is shown both in books and on the show, a Valarian steel blade is more about prestige than actual combat effectiveness.

Two equally skilled swordsmen wielding a Valarian sword and a maintained steel sword have an equal chance of killing the other.

The only difference is the one with the steel blade would have to sharpen his sword after the fight. And he can't sell it to pay off his massive crippling debt.

Speaking of swords, Im thinking Jamie is getting Widow's Wail, and he'll use that.....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Speaking of swords, Im thinking Jamie is getting Widow's Wail, and he'll use that.....
    Now that I think on it. Joff is a dick to his mom for that. His moms a widow. She didn't care for Rob, but Joff didn't know that. Little shit.

Also, yeah, it's a tad smaller and should be easier to handle with one hand. It could work for him

I wonder if 3 Eyed Raven helped R+L along, made him give her the crown after the tourney, or something along those lines.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    And if I recall correct , Dayne was sharpening dawn so they do require some maintenance.
    That wasn't Dayne. That was Oswell Whent.

They stated the sword was dawn. Also, it is stated dawn is pretty much the same as valarian steel , except it was forged from a meteorite.

I'm not arguing anything else beyond the fact that from what is shown both in books and on the show, a Valarian steel blade is more about prestige than actual combat effectiveness.

Two equally skilled swordsmen wielding a Valarian sword and a maintained steel sword have an equal chance of killing the other.

The only difference is the one with the steel blade would have to sharpen his sword after the fight. And he can't sell it to pay off his massive crippling debt.
    One other thing is that a Valyrian sword can shatter a standard sword on contact, and there's precedent of that happening the in the story. If your sword breaks you're fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I wonder if 3 Eyed Raven helped R+L along, made him give her the crown after the tourney, or something along those lines.....
    Don't think so. It is heavily implied, through the story of the Knight of the Laughing Tree, that Rhaegar and Lyanna had met and fell for each other before the end of the Tourney at Harrenhal, when Rhaegar laid the bouquet of winter roses in her lap.

Now that I think on it. Joff is a dick to his mom for that. His moms a widow. She didn't care for Rob, but Joff didn't know that. Little shit.
    You got it wrong.
    He named it Widow's wail because it was made from Ned's Ice. The fact that Tywin put his hands on Ned's valyrian steel sword means he's dead, making Cat a widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    That's a pretty decent list. I'm curious where Jon Snow ranks at this point, though.
    Right, I forgot about Jon. He's probably around Bronn's level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Right, I forgot about Jon. He's probably around Bronn's level.
    Without a boatload of dirty tricks.

So since R+L=J, and if Mad King is Tyrions dad, what does that make Tyrion to Jon and Jon to Dany?

Deleted
    So since R+L=J, and if Mad King is Tyrions dad, what does that make Tyrion to Jon and Jon to Dany?
    Tyrion would be Danys half brother, and Jons half uncle, if half uncle is actually a thing.

Cool
    And Jon and Dany, what form of cousins?

Deleted
    Dany is Jons aunt.

Cool
    And Jon and Dany, what form of cousins?
    Dany would be Jon's aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    Without a boatload of dirty tricks.
    I mean, he did spit blood into that Thenn's eyes.

Oh yea, dany is rhaegars sis, i forgot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I mean, he did spit blood into that Thenn's eyes.
    He did. I call that a good start to Bronnhood.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    You got it wrong.
    He named it Widow's wail because it was made from Ned's Ice. The fact that Tywin put his hands on Ned's valyrian steel sword means he's dead, making Cat a widow.
    Still a dick toward his mom. She's a widow still too. Like making fun of someone who lost a dad in front of your friend who also lost a dad. He's still a little shit for it.