Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    each week, more of the story will be revealed is not the same as saying each quest will come a week after the next.

5 quests could very much be spread across 3 weeks, for example
    The way each section is specifically called out in the blue post, though, followed by 'more will be available each week' heavily implies that it'll be 1 section a week for X weeks though. The only thing I'm unsure of is if the defense of Dalaran and the summoning of Alodi is considered one section or two. I'm betting two but it could be just one I guess maybe. Just another reason to use the Oxford comma, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    The way each section is specifically called out in the blue post, though, followed by 'more will be available each week' heavily implies that it'll be 1 section a week for X weeks though. The only thing I'm unsure of is if the defense of Dalaran and the summoning of Alodi is considered one section or two. I'm betting two but it could be just one I guess maybe. Just another reason to use the Oxford comma, kids!
    I am pretty sure they specifically said more of the story will be revealed instead of saying it will be a weekly quest because the prepatch will come on 26th of 2nd

Some people forgot the pre-patch of WOD was longer because they wanted to test mythic raids. In Cata they released it early because they wanted to test Azeroth revampled completely.

There is really not much to test this time around, in fact, they did their biggest alpha/beta ever, I've been playing Legion for almost 6 months now ffs.

When your background downloader starts to download stuff, you'll know it's coming.

My guess is August 2nd and they will unlock DH in the week prior to launch. But since there is an invasion, maybe it will start earlier like they did in WOTLK. But business logic wants them to release the pre-patch more than 30 days from Legion's launch so people are at least subbed for 2 months... so yes, July 26th seems likely.

But I don't see why people want this so fast.. those are the worst weeks of every xpac where the balance is completely out of control and all classes look clunky because you're missing all the stuff from the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Some people forgot the pre-patch of WOD was longer because they wanted to test mythic raids. In Cata they released it early because they wanted to test Azeroth revampled completely.

There is really not much to test this time around, in fact, they did their biggest alpha/beta ever, I've been playing Legion for almost 6 months now ffs.

When your background downloader starts to download stuff, you'll know it's coming.

My guess is August 2nd and they will unlock DH in the week prior to launch. But since there is an invasion, maybe it will start earlier like they did in WOTLK. But business logic wants them to release the pre-patch more than 30 days from Legion's launch so people are at least subbed for 2 months... so yes, July 26th seems likely.

But I don't see why people want this so fast.. those are the worst weeks of every xpac where the balance is completely out of control and all classes look clunky because you're missing all the stuff from the xpac.
    These are going to be the most significant class and system revamps in a long time.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

But I don't see why people want this so fast.. .
    I know right its like its been more than a year of no content.

Just about the shortest you can make the pre patch is

August 2 launch

August 9 DH/Broken Shores

August 16 Ulduar

August 23 Karazhan + Assault on Dalaran

August 30 launch

And that's really, really, stretching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Just about the shortest you can make the pre patch is

August 2 launch

August 9 DH/Broken Shores

August 16 Ulduar

August 23 Karazhan + Assault on Dalaran

August 30 launch

And that's really, really, stretching it.
    yeah, I think they'll want some breathing room in there. I say the 19th or 26th latest, even if it's buggy, they'll put it out one of these 2 dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    Probably not. PVP season needs to end first...so end of july/beginning of august is my guess...
    PvP season end gets 2 weeks notice. So an announcement tomorrow (5th) would still lead to 19th for pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin69 View Post
    if it takes anyone 2 weeks to learn a class, then they are doing it wrong.
    Maybe they are spending more than 2 weeks so that they can do it right.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It may take them 2 weeks to log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Good news is that at WORST we'll at least know what's going on, in like 3 weeks or so at the latest. There's no chance we get the necessary end of season / etc warnings later than that, because that would only give like ... 3 total weeks of pre-patch. I think it's more likely we hear something either this week or next tho. Maaaybe a couple weeks from now for just a month of pre-patch.

I imagine they want it out by 19th or failing that 26th, for just a week or two of system changes alone. Then invasions start. Then demon hunters. Just in general everything spaced out along those 5 or 6 weeks but pretty much just system changes first week or two. Maybe invasions very lightly immediately, idk.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Not until after the 16th which is the third regional qualifier. So, 19th at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    july 19 or earlier theres a lot to take on this patch so i think they will make it a little longer than most pre patches

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    july 19 or earlier theres a lot to take on this patch so i think they will make it a little longer than most pre patches
    IMO It'll be AT LEAST the 19th or later Because there has to be a 2 week break for PVP

I'd say August 9th or even a week later.

August 9th is far too late. 4 Weeks Prior to Launch at Least

The movie promotional items end on August 1.

As far as I know the movie promotional items weren't available on Beta/7.0PTR.

August 2 is exactly 4 weeks prior to the announced Legion launch date.

No need to code the movie promotional items on Beta/7.0PTR if it ends prior to that version going live.

Quote Originally Posted by Defective99 View Post
    The movie promotional items end on August 1.

As far as I know the movie promotional items weren't available on Beta/7.0PTR.

August 2 is exactly 4 weeks prior to the announced Legion launch date.

No need to code the movie promotional items on Beta/7.0PTR if it ends prior to that version going live.
    protip: Its already in the client.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    protip: Its already in the client.
    Then why didn't everyone on the Beta/7.0PTR receive the items in the mail when they logged in after it started?

Quote Originally Posted by Defective99 View Post
    Then why didn't everyone on the Beta/7.0PTR receive the items in the mail when they logged in after it started?
    I got them automatically in my transmog wardrobe in Beta. =)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I got them automatically in my transmog wardrobe in Beta. =)
    Amazing since I never got the achievement on Beta and still don't have it after copying over several characters from live. I never looked to see if the items were automatically added to transmog since I never got the achievement automatically.

On live it's under Feat of Strengths.

On beta it's not under Feat of Strengths nor searchable from anything I can see.

Just checked again Horde side on Beta. The achievement still shows false for completed. It's the fourth return value for

/dump GetAchievementInfo(11211)

http://wow.gamepedia.com/API_GetAchievementInfo
    Last edited by Defective99; 2016-07-04 at 07:17 AM.