15+ Year Old Account
    Finished getting my hyperconductive book for smn last week and so far have 40ish points in tomorrow Thursday and Friday I have off so i'm going to spam the heck out of ARF to try and push myself to atleast the half way mark.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I haven't even touched ACRF personally apart from getting it on 60 roulette. Just been farming Vilekins and Poetics for my relic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I haven't even touched ACRF personally apart from getting it on 60 roulette. Just been farming Vilekins and Poetics for my relic.
    Vilekins and poetics don't buy umbrites....

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Vilekins and poetics don't buy umbrites....
    I know. I just meant the sand. Esoterics wise I farm 600-900 a day so that's 2-3 a day. Like I said apart from getting it on the odd roulette haven't actually been in there through specific queue or Antitower.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I want, I can abandon current Anima -quest and simply use those Unidentifiable items for another job, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    If I want, I can abandon current Anima -quest and simply use those Unidentifiable items for another job, right?
    Good question.
    Since you can buy the unidentified items w/o being on a quest I don't think they'll get destroyed once you abandon the quest.

Not 100% sure though. If all fails, I'd ask a GM about it.

Meanwhile still working towards first Anima..

Had 3 ore drops yesterday, but of course somebody who hadn't even started Anima yet felt like needing on them, so only won 1/3.
    Don't worry, you're not alone! I'm still on the same step too - but I'm in no major rush to do it.

I've been slowly working on getting MNK to 60, then I'll do the same for WAR for my <Grandmaster of War> title and then I'll work on my anima.

They aren't quest items specifically, so you should be able to drop the quest and switch it for another one.

Note: Haven't tried this myself.

You can but you'll have to finish the crystal part if you haven't done it for the other class. Speaking of crystals, it works for them too. Actually it works with a lot of quests that don't put the item in the key section.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I was going to farm Vilekin. Got a few that way, been using a mix of GC seals and poetics to keep sands up. Was thinking about my options and learning the gathering blue scrip option. Realized I could spend about 90k on mats and do 1 turn in for crafting scrips and I'd have get 200. So I did that....

......which put me at 895 blue scrips.

I can now buy 179 sands. Well then.... Eso focus it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You can but you'll have to finish the crystal part if you haven't done it for the other class.
    Aye, and crystal part was buffed in Patch 3.3.

"[3.0] The drop rate for luminous crystals required to undertake the quest "Soul without Life" has been increased."

We're lacking Bard for the raids, so been thinking of changing into one.

Aye, and crystal part was buffed in Patch 3.3.

"[3.0] The drop rate for luminous crystals required to undertake the quest "Soul without Life" has been increased."

We're lacking Bard for the raids, so been thinking of changing into one.
    The crystal part is super easy now. Just helped a friend of mine with his last week (I took it as an opportunity to level alt jobs) and within 2 hours we had all but Azys Lla crystals done. Would've had those last crystals, too, were it not late and having to get some sleep for work the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Realized I could spend about 90k on mats and do 1 turn in for crafting scrips and I'd have get 200. So I did that....

......which put me at 895 blue scrips.
    Scripts or the "letters of recommendation" you purchase for 50 scripts each? (Did I already say that I hate these intermediate currencies?)

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Has there ever been a class design as bad as machinist in MMO history? This has been a painful trip to fifty so far.
    What's wrong with it? It's absolutely my favorite of the DPS jobs. Gauss barrel could've been left out of the game though, I liked the mobility, much like with the bard.

yes. ive done it with both those items and the fate crystals and none were lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly FFXIV relevant.
    http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=9242
    Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Slightly FFXIV relevant.
    Yay.
    Is that a 2h Zanetsuken at the bottom? That would be cool to see as a new item from the Odin FATE in this game (Zweitesuken? Heh).

Edit: Not at the bottom of entire page, but among some of the screenshots there (phone didn't want to load full page for a bit there).

Unrelated note: Finally, 3 months later...all crafters at 60! Which reminds me...I need to do all the quests now, lul. Think I did the 53 and 55 quest for CUL, but haven't touched any of the others since 50.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-07-06 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Scripts or the "letters of recommendation" you purchase for 50 scripts each? (Did I already say that I hate these intermediate currencies?)
    The actual blue scrips from turning in the crafted item.

5 of them can trade for one sand for the relic. So basically I've got all the sands I'll need via those crafting scrips, just need esoterics to pair it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Slightly FFXIV relevant.
    Yay.
    Game needs to hurry up and bring it's ass over here so I can play .

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    In my experience, any additional damage you do as tank could usually be more than made up for by the healer if you were tanking in tank stance and using cooldowns etc
    Assuming your healer wants to DPS. Also it is actually possible to tank without using your tank stance, pull big pulls, and have the healer full DPS and not die; players just need to not be afk to do it.

... to keep your damage low and therefore damage to a minimum so the healer is free to DPS for a bit. Regardless of any of that though, the amount of time you're saving is very small, usually only ~20 seconds or so in my experience (average, I have been in groups where the DPS were just... worthless, but no amount of tank damage is going to speed up those runs by any significant margin).
    Are you implying that by having a tank do on average 30%+ more damage over the course of a 15 minute dungeon it only speeds it up by 20 seconds overall? I'll have you know that you're grossly underestimating the value of damage here.

I've been the healer and/or DPS in several groups where the tank felt it was OK to drop tank stance and go in DPS stance and the runs are never any smoother, and many times they're downright aweful. Your job is to tank, which is to have the enemies attention and mitigate the incoming damage as much as possible, not deal damage. As I stated before, in most cases any extra damage you do saves an insignificant amount of time and if you were in tank stance, mitigating damage you would require less healing which allows for the healer to spend more time DPS'ing and that usually makes up for any damage you aren't doing.
    That's fine that you experienced that, its a true fact that not all tanks can do it, and there is a time for it (i.e. overgeared DPS).

Your incredibly limited thinking that a tanks only job is to maintain threat and prevent damage is terrifyingly ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If you want numerical values:

With tank stance I typically do 550DPS on single target.
    W/o tank stance and undisturbed DA-SE spam I do get up to around 720.

You will NOT feel that difference at all, but if you have a boss that hits like a wet noodle (Amdapor *cough*) I see no reason not to take the free damage. At least as long as the aggro allows it.
    30% additional damage over the course of a 15-20 minute dungeon? You may not see or feel it, but it's definitely there.

Do you feel a difference going from i230 to i240? No you really don't, but the difference is there and over an extended period of time it adds up rapidly.