Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    He may have never minced words, but you just called him retarded sooooooo.
    What I said to him was a bit too harsh, I see that and I apologise for that. But my opinion about his posts stay.

He was also usually pretty right, you are laughable wrong. As much as a 1min log can't be used for analysis, a 2min log can't be either, and whatever some random no one in your random no one guild says has no weight either.
    Who says who is right or wrong? I just showed some numbers from 1 random log to substantiate my statement. And I still think that I'm kinda right cause ele actually got nerfed. Just saying.

It's ok when you think it can't be used for analysis, cause I can see that the fights are kinda short. But keep in mind that most mythic tests are short fights, because blizzard overtunes the boss to just test specific mechanics. So getting reliable logs from mythic tests where you have 895 ilvl and full weapon talents is kinda hard/impossible, cause you need something like a 4-5 min fight.

I could have posted different logs from normal/heroic tests with longer kill times, but then people would bitch about low ilvl and weapon talent differences. The outcome would still the same, our elemental shaman was mostly in the top5 DPS.

Also bashing "some random no one in a random no one guild" looks kinda bad when YOU didn't even clear the raid content till now. Just saying

Anyway, this was my last post in this shaman forum. Have a nice talk folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Anyone else think that it is poor design to have Control of Lava remove the option of Elemental Fusion? Having only 2 options in a row is weak.
    Ya its terrible pvp talent design but don't think bliz cares at all since it for ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxx View Post
    What I said to him was a bit too harsh, I see that and I apologise for that. But my opinion about his posts stay.

Who says who is right or wrong? I just showed some numbers from 1 random log to substantiate my statement. And I still think that I'm kinda right cause ele actually got nerfed. Just saying.

It's ok when you think it can't be used for analysis, cause I can see that the fights are kinda short. But keep in mind that most mythic tests are short fights, because blizzard overtunes the boss to just test specific mechanics. So getting reliable logs from mythic tests where you have 895 ilvl and full weapon talents is kinda hard/impossible, cause you need something like a 4-5 min fight.

I could have posted different logs from normal/heroic tests with longer kill times, but then people would bitch about low ilvl and weapon talent differences. The outcome would still the same, our elemental shaman was mostly in the top5 DPS.

Also bashing "some random no one in a random no one guild" looks kinda bad when YOU didn't even clear the raid content till now. Just saying

Multiple things, firstly, ele getting nerfed isn't proof of anything. Prior to the launch of the last expansion we were nerfed heavily despite multiple posts by a huge number of players that we were weak. We ended up being so bad that even after 3 rounds of buffs in the first few weeks we have still been the weakest ranged spec all expansion.

Secondly, despite the rudeness in the way he said it, the reason that a random set of logs (from no names) means little to nothing is as follows; I played my alt elemental shaman helping a relatively terrible guild that cleared 13/13M beginning of April. On that first archimonde kill I was the second top DPS... Do you consider that proof of elementals current state of balance?

Finally, I think elemental was actually looking okay (despite some really awful clunky design stuff that is oh so easy to fix if they would employ someone with even a modicum of common sense) to the point that I was actually hopeful I might get to main my favourite class this expansion... However, these nerfs are just reminding me of why I rerolled away in the first place... and to be honest, I think that with the clunkiness present in the spec and the way the talents / artifact works against itself It will be just an overall frustrating experience to play elemental again and I'm now unlikely to even play it as an alt.

I can't believe it take this long for Ucandosht is finally get banned.

Regarding LvB nerfs, I always think it's due to Elemental Overload and Elemental Fury perks. That's why they just can't help but to keep reducing the base damage. What I don't understand is LB nerf. So much for a Lightning theme artifact, eh? Wonder if they should go with Ragnaros' Fist on the first place. Seeing it's still LvB that topping our spell dmg. Even with that bursty ES (that is also being nerfed over time). Path of Flame is also irrelevant this day with so little LvB bonus dmg and Magnitude being removed. I don't see any scenario where people will take Path of Flame over Totem Mastery. Unless maybe if they tweak it to spread FS to all targets within the radius.

Deleted
    Thing is if they wanted to nerf damage on LvB that's ok I guess if that's their design intent for lightning to pull out ahead, but then atleast tune up lightning bolts numbers, atm on the beta it still hits like a wet noodle without PotM and stormkeeper up.

Plus they nerfed LvB so hard i can now outdamage it on a lvl 108 caster (elemental overloads not included in this), surely that must not have been their intent, I can see how they would have been concerned over the 3 min burst spec we were pulling but they're going about the numbers tuning for ele shaman the entirely wrong way atm, instead of working with a scalpel with precision they seem to be using a hacksaw, gutting as many abilities as they can at the same time.

I'm still keeping my hopes up for some positive numbers tuning in the next 7 weeks, I've got my Panda shaman at the ready for the expansionif they do, Ele's playstyle is something i really enjoy, the high bursty aspect of it but just saying if as a player you care for numbers during progression or as me being a raidleader myself i cannot justify for myself to bring my Ele shaman over my Fire mage atm, just try and keep a alternative at hand, because with the general lack of communication towards Ele shamans n our respective class forums on the official site, I hope for good things but fear we're getting another expansion that'll require hotfixes to our class 4-5 weeks into the expansion.

The problem is that PE and EM should've been nerfed, not LvB or Flame Shock (Totem Mastery nerf). They fucked us this build and we're clamoring for some sort of communication about the intent going forward. If you have beta please go upvote this post: http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726123?page=25#491

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    Thing is if they wanted to nerf damage on LvB that's ok I guess if that's their design intent for lightning to pull out ahead, but then atleast tune up lightning bolts numbers, atm on the beta it still hits like a wet noodle without PotM and stormkeeper up.
    Back on the earliest day alpha patch, LB is pretty much stomp LvB to the ground lol. When PoTM proc like crazy and it overloaded for 2 more times. I was thinking it was actually great and fit in with the Artifact's itself. But some people (or most) just didn't use to with LvB being replaced by LB. I think that's why they reverted it back. And it's kinda funny how we're still turning into Flame Ascendant while we have Lightning themed artifact lol.

Plus they nerfed LvB so hard i can now outdamage it on a lvl 108 caster (elemental overloads not included in this), surely that must not have been their intent, I can see how they would have been concerned over the 3 min burst spec we were pulling but they're going about the numbers tuning for ele shaman the entirely wrong way atm, instead of working with a scalpel with precision they seem to be using a hacksaw, gutting as many abilities as they can at the same time.
    That's why I blame Elemental Overload for this. And I don't think it would scale that much either on higher content later. Because the base damage itself is too low. And then we'll get a hotfix on mid patch like usual. WoD was the most ridiculous, with so many hotfix buff to LvB damage on each separated patches. I wish they won't repeat the same mistake. Actually they can always fix LvB by giving it Chaos Bolt's perk (crit% into bonus damage) as baseline, not only to Ascendance. It's kinda cheap move imo, just to make Ascendance is actually good after they rip it off from our baseline cd and change it into a talent. Or maybe, just give a scale numbered to the Overload's damage as well along with the proc chance. Maybe 1% proc chance to 0.3% overload damage scale likes.

I'm still keeping my hopes up for some positive numbers tuning in the next 7 weeks, I've got my Panda shaman at the ready for the expansionif they do, Ele's playstyle is something i really enjoy, the high bursty aspect of it but just saying if as a player you care for numbers during progression or as me being a raidleader myself i cannot justify for myself to bring my Ele shaman over my Fire mage atm, just try and keep a alternative at hand, because with the general lack of communication towards Ele shamans n our respective class forums on the official site, I hope for good things but fear we're getting another expansion that'll require hotfixes to our class 4-5 weeks into the expansion.
    Well...won't hold my breath for it. But one can only hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    The problem is that PE and EM should've been nerfed, not LvB or Flame Shock (Totem Mastery nerf). They fucked us this build and we're clamoring for some sort of communication about the intent going forward. If you have beta please go upvote this post: http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726123?page=25#491
    How I wish I could upvote your post there. But no beta club member here

I didn't post it, sheik did but yes if you have Beta please upvote it.

Deleted
    Past beta experience says that something like this never works. But I upvoted it anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

"I think I was kinda right cause Ele actually got nerfed" - this statement perfectly tops your incompetent view on anything. You flame someone else for not having killed mythic Archimonde, yet you just finished the last tier with a world ranking of 170, LOL.

As for your Elemental Shaman. I'd honestly question his ability to be part of a mythic progression guild, even if he's just in yours. He doesnt follow simple BiS lists, nor he has actual good WCL rankings to back his opinion up. That is probably why that dude doesnt post here in person, so you've to go out and make his opinion public? Then maybe try and relate to better sources next time.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing is alot of classes got 'nerfed' look at all the class changes. I think Arcane was like the only spec with a buff. the problem is this they are obviously looking at the numbers now, this is the problem they never buffed or nerfed the classes to the same lvl as ELE to warrent a ELE nerf. I mean a 5 percent nerf to frostbolt and a 5 percent nerf to Lightningbolt are not the same thing.
    1stly Lightningbolt doesnt slow like FB does.
    2ndly Lightningbolt has a longer casttime vs the 1.5 cast time for frost.
    Lastly FB hits alot harder than LB

IE: if FB hits for 400 damage and is nerfed by 5 percent it then does 380 damage
    If LB hits for 300 damage and is nerfed by 5 percent it then does 285 damage.

This is a larger nerf than 5 percent in the long run when looking at spells like that, that should have been equalized before said nerfs

I mean how hard is it for Blizzard to make a speadsheet of all the spells like the 'BOLT' spells and look at the cast times vs damage plus multipliers to more or less equalize them.
    EG: FB hits for 400 damage, it slows has a 1.5 second cast time
    Shadowbolt hits for 500 damage and has a 1.9 second cast time.
    LB hits for 450 damage but can overload. has a 1.8 second cast.

(The casttimes arnt correct they are just an example)

PS: I didnt mind Ucandoshit's differing opinion it made for some interesting discussions

Side note: Still dont understand why they havnt changed our mastery to increase our overload damage by a percentage instead of the proc rate, Make that consistant and make the increased mastery as we gear up increase in damage from the overload. Just saying silly that they hav missed out on this . or god forbid it would actually make us have a use for higher mastery than to force more procs.
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-07-08 at 12:33 PM.

Let just ele die in peace. After a travesty that was wod, It was my first semi-hardcore raiding experience. I quit after 2/10M cuz annoying af to play as ele and the dmg wasnt there. I appreciate the qol changes but at the end of the day it comes down to the deee peee s charts and how hard i am perfectly playing. If iam playing perfectly, I should be rewarded. my dps shouldnt be close to a mediocre player nomsayin. I fukn hated Iron Reaver, such a shit boss for ele, made me quit and I knew gorefiend and kilrogg was around the corner so I said fuk it. chitty mechancics, no burst, ok sustain, what i felt during wod. I am following this thread so I have info what is going before launch. In Wod, I was, ele seems cool, let me play it. Oh boy haha. I turned into a cynic now.

Also, in my opinion logs are only appropriate if rest of the raid group is in a similar percentile or have level of skill. When you look at the high end raiders, you will see there were no ele that is where the flaws become apparent.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    Last edited by elcapone; 2016-07-08 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Ah very good point, that is definitely worth pointing out. If you have a gear set you like, can you share a report where you use it? I can show people how to just use the character you built
    I kept getting an error when trying to log in and it says creating a new account isn't enabled on the beta site. Here are three images of the gear I changed to, the talents chosen, and the end results. It is all based around 875 item level and this is for the lightning based build.

http://imgur.com/YIsQTvF
    http://imgur.com/GGFBNzT
    http://imgur.com/8VraQc7
    Last edited by Omnious; 2016-07-08 at 02:33 PM.

Jibberjabber was an elemental shaman in the top 2 day raiding guild in the world.

You're arrogance is astounding. You come onto a Shaman forum thinking you can tell everyone how they should feel about their class based off the fact that some bad shaman in your guild thinks they are fine? HAHAHAHAHA. Your Shaman sucks ass and I respect his opinion even less. Lets see some progression logs from him.

Hymsi - Lothar:

Tyrant Valhari - 1. Green 2. Grey 3. Grey 4. Green.
    Mannaroth - 1. Grey 2. Grey 3. Grey 4. Green.
    Archimonde - 1. Green 2. Green 3. Blue 4. Green.

Not only should you hold your tongue and never return, but you should also kick your Shaman. Hes by far one of the best cases of getting carried I've ever seen. He cant produce a respectable log until hes downed the boss 10 times. Pathetic.

Next time, don't take your worst raiders word as gospel and start preaching things you know nothing about. Some people accidentally mistook you for someone who had an idea of what they were talking about.

And I still think that I'm kinda right cause ele actually got nerfed. Just saying.
    Your logic is laughable. I guess because you dont actually play a Shaman you wouldn't know about all those SHAMAN IS OP statements from blizzard as they were nerfing us coming into WoD. The fact that we were a completely unplayable class on launch and had to receive 5+ separate iterations of buffs proved them wrong.

Go back to your Mage forums and continue talking about which one of your 3 Overpowered specs you feel deserve a tweak.
    Last edited by Prankish; 2016-07-08 at 05:34 PM.

@Omnious You have to create an account on the live site (and then it copies over to the beta). Oops, sorry about that.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Ok I actually have to respond to these posts here. Jesus christ some of you are so bitter and angry, like what the fuck has happened?
    How did this turn from MY OPINION I state in a public forum to:
    "The fucking no name shaman in your no name guild is trash, you should kick that noob"
    "We only listen to top10 Shamans and Binkenstein, get the fuck out with your shitty OP mage opinion"
    "You are completly wrong with everything you say, don't post an this forum ever again"

Get your facts straight people, all I posted was MY OPINION on Legion Beta Elemental Shaman to the last patch. I don't speak for the Shaman in my guild or anyone, why are you all attacking him? Talk to me if you want and leave him out of this. This turned into a witch hunt, cause you don't like MY OPINION. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    You're arrogance is astounding. You come onto a Shaman forum thinking you can tell everyone how they should feel about their class based off the fact that some bad shaman in your guild thinks they are fine? HAHAHAHAHA.
    What the fuck did you just wrote?
    I didn't tell anyone how they should feel about their class. I said that IMO Elemental Shaman was pretty good last patch (and that the Shaman in my guild thinks so too, nothing more). My opinion was based on multiple raid tests, not only the 1 log I posted.

Your Shaman sucks ass and I respect his opinion even less.
    Not only should you hold your tongue and never return, but you should also kick your Shaman. Hes by far one of the best cases of getting carried I've ever seen. He cant produce a respectable log until hes downed the boss 10 times. Pathetic.
    Like I said: keep him out of this. Talk to me. I don't know why you are all witch hunting him like crazy.
    And why are you so triggered anyways? Need to stalk logs to feel better or something? You don't really know what happened during our mythic progression, so I don't think you can judge anything.
    Also pretty good move to show me who is the boss! Insult me and forbid me to speak in this public discussion forum. lol ...

Next time, don't take your worst raiders word as gospel and start preaching things you know nothing about. Some people accidentally mistook you for someone who had an idea of what they were talking about.
    Never said I'm an expert. And it's still my opinion. Great insults again btw
    I'm playing elemental alot on beta and since it's going to be my first alt in Legion I kinda know what I am talking about. My opinion is not based on guessing, it's from testing from myself and other people in my "shitty noname guild"

Your logic is laughable. I guess because you dont actually play a Shaman you wouldn't know about all those SHAMAN IS OP statements from blizzard as they were nerfing us coming into WoD. The fact that we were a completely unplayable class on launch and had to receive 5+ separate iterations of buffs proved them wrong.
    Oh I played Shaman in Pandaria, didn't touch the class till mid WoD cause of the nerfs. So I kinda know what you and some other people are talking about here. I don't remember exactly why they nerfed elemental, but wasn't it a pvp thing? However, it was undeserved yes.
    But saying "This happened in the past, so we know they were wrong, so YOU ARE WRONG STFU PLS" is not an argument for my "laughable logic".

Go back to your Mage forums and continue talking about which one of your 3 Overpowered specs you feel deserve a tweak.
    Perfect, this last sentence really shows what this is all about.
    If you are angry at the Mage class and class tuning right now, I can understand that. Dispite we only have 1,5 good specs right now (shaman had 3 last patch ), it's actually possible to have a discussion in the mage forum (not always, but it's better than why I got here). Right now I feel like everyone here is insulting me becasue I said my opinion about Elemental Shaman last beta patch and the nerfs. And yes, if you talk shit I will talk shit back ... but we can keep this at a civil level ...

-----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    He doesnt play Elemental. His guild mate does, and probably all of them high-five each other how great their specs are after their 1-2 minute pulls without paying attention to the crucial things while judging a class performance.

As for your Elemental Shaman. I'd honestly question his ability to be part of a mythic progression guild, even if he's just in yours. He doesnt follow simple BiS lists, nor he has actual good WCL rankings to back his opinion up. That is probably why that dude doesnt post here in person, so you've to go out and make his opinion public? Then maybe try and relate to better sources next time.
    All the things I wrote above seem to fit here really well, so same goes for you. Go read it.

this statement perfectly tops your incompetent view on anything. You flame someone else for not having killed mythic Archimonde, yet you just finished the last tier with a world ranking of 170, LOL.
    I didn't flame anyone. He talked shit, I talked shit back after I saw that he didn't achive anything in this content. Feel free to post an armory link to show how good you are, cause you seem to hide everything really well. I wonder why.

-----------
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    Secondly, despite the rudeness in the way he said it, the reason that a random set of logs (from no names) means little to nothing is as follows; I played my alt elemental shaman helping a relatively terrible guild that cleared 13/13M beginning of April. On that first archimonde kill I was the second top DPS... Do you consider that proof of elementals current state of balance?
    Of course not But I know what you want to say.
    I mostly play mage on beta, fire is currently on the top end of the meter so I campare it to my performance (and to some other people that I know play their classes/specs really good). I saw that elemental got better the last 2 months and last patch the spec was really good IMO. And like I said before: my opinion is not based on the 1 log I posted here. I actually play elemental on beta and the numbers from the raidtests we had (LFR, normal, heroic and mythic) showed me that elemental constantly got better and was in a good state last patch, at least in raids. Maybe it was too good for Blizzard, that's why they bring nerfs. That's usually how it goes on beta/live.
    Me saying "And I still think that I'm kinda right cause ele actually got nerfed" was actually a mistake that triggered most people here I guess. It was bad wording, I get it. But on the other hand, why should blizzard nerf Elemental Shaman at this beta stage when the spec was so bad like some people are saying here. It doesn't make sense, at least for me. And I just put 1 and 1 together and did a post on the shaman forums, without the intention of telling anyone that they are bad or something. Now I get insulted like crazy (not from you desert-wind, but you know what I mean).

Can we all come down now and talk normal without insulting everyone? Thanks ...

If you are angry at the Mage class and class tuning right now, I can understand that. Dispite we only have 1,5 good specs right now
    1.5 specs compared to other mages, 3 compared to anything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok I actually have to respond to these posts here. Jesus christ some of you are so bitter and angry, like what the fuck has happened?
    How did this turn from MY OPINION I state in a public forum to:
    "The fucking no name shaman in your no name guild is trash, you should kick that noob"
    "We only listen to top10 Shamans and Binkenstein, get the fuck out with your shitty OP mage opinion"
    "You are completly wrong with everything you say, don't post an this forum ever again"

Get your facts straight people, all I posted was MY OPINION on Legion Beta Elemental Shaman to the last patch. I don't speak for the Shaman in my guild or anyone, why are you all attacking him? Talk to me if you want and leave him out of this. This turned into a witch hunt, cause you don't like MY OPINION. Why?

What the fuck did you just wrote?
    I didn't tell anyone how they should feel about their class. I said that IMO Elemental Shaman was pretty good last patch (and that the Shaman in my guild thinks so too, nothing more). My opinion was based on multiple raid tests, not only the 1 log I posted.

Like I said: keep him out of this. Talk to me. I don't know why you are all witch hunting him like crazy.
    And why are you so triggered anyways? Need to stalk logs to feel better or something? You don't really know what happened during our mythic progression, so I don't think you can judge anything.
    Also pretty good move to show me who is the boss! Insult me and forbid me to speak in this public discussion forum. lol ...

Never said I'm an expert. And it's still my opinion. Great insults again btw
    I'm playing elemental alot on beta and since it's going to be my first alt in Legion I kinda know what I am talking about. My opinion is not based on guessing, it's from testing from myself and other people in my "shitty noname guild"

Oh I played Shaman in Pandaria, didn't touch the class till mid WoD cause of the nerfs. So I kinda know what you and some other people are talking about here. I don't remember exactly why they nerfed elemental, but wasn't it a pvp thing? However, it was undeserved yes.
    But saying "This happened in the past, so we know they were wrong, so YOU ARE WRONG STFU PLS" is not an argument for my "laughable logic".

If you are angry at the Mage class and class tuning right now, I can understand that. Dispite we only have 1,5 good specs right now (shaman had 3 last patch ), it's actually possible to have a discussion in the mage forum (not always, but it's better than why I got here). Right now I feel like everyone here is insulting me becasue I said my opinion about Elemental Shaman last beta patch and the nerfs. And yes, if you talk shit I will talk shit back ... but we can keep this at a civil level ...

-----------

All the things I wrote above seem to fit here really well, so same goes for you. Go read it.

I didn't flame anyone. He talked shit, I talked shit back after I saw that he didn't achive anything in this content. Feel free to post an armory link to show how good you are, cause you seem to hide everything really well. I wonder why.

-----------

Of course not But I know what you want to say.
    I mostly play mage on beta, fire is currently on the top end of the meter so I campare it to my performance (and to some other people that I know play their classes/specs really good). I saw that elemental got better the last 2 months and last patch the spec was really good IMO. And like I said before: my opinion is not based on the 1 log I posted here. I actually play elemental on beta and the numbers from the raidtests we had (LFR, normal, heroic and mythic) showed me that elemental constantly got better and was in a good state last patch, at least in raids. Maybe it was too good for Blizzard, that's why they bring nerfs. That's usually how it goes on beta/live.
    Me saying "And I still think that I'm kinda right cause ele actually got nerfed" was actually a mistake that triggered most people here I guess. It was bad wording, I get it. But on the other hand, why should blizzard nerf Elemental Shaman at this beta stage when the spec was so bad like some people are saying here. It doesn't make sense, at least for me. And I just put 1 and 1 together and did a post on the shaman forums, without the intention of telling anyone that they are bad or something. Now I get insulted like crazy (not from you desert-wind, but you know what I mean).

You aren't a shaman. You don't even know a decent shaman. You come in here trolling. Honestly, just muting you and would suggest everyone else does as well. This thing has nothing to offer anyone ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to write a big-ass post, but you summarized my opinion quite well. Thank you.
    great signature, btw

Deleted
    We're all nice to each other, except for bad trolls trying to say what we should and should not do while insulting us. The mod team on this board isnt the best, but we can keep ourselves in check quite well.

This said, we dont need your opinion or the opinion of your shaman guild mate here unless he wants to post in person in this thead.

- - - Updated - - -

great signature, btw
    Yeah ^_^ but its sooo old. Need something new.

The mod team on this board isnt the best, but we can keep ourselves in check quite well.
    Hm, four pages earlier we had someone asking for public executions.