Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It actually could be possible because snipers exist in the first place. What do you think widowmakers do when enemies strife? They time their shots. It's the same concept and in the picture description mercy designed it to be hit by allies.

I suspect it's going to be a high skill cap healer because they current healers are pretty easy to use. Of course it's gonna be ana though unless they really really want to add a 4th sniper....

- - - Updated - - -

so thinking about it, I'm pretty sure sombra and ana are not the same person and sombra isn't a sniper at all. In fact sombra has never been depicted as a sniper the only thing we went off of is that teaser shot in that interview but everyone assumed it was sombra. The sniper blueprints give ana's name and the scope picture matches the hero profile in temple of anubus but that hero isn't related to sombra at all. It's Ana and Ana has a relation to Anubus rather than Mexico.
    Do snipers exist? Yes. Do sniper medics who distibute healing drugs via sniper rifle exist? Nope. Regardless if something exists in a world with talking apes and zen monk robots, it isn't a healing method that works in a game setting. Chucking out canisters that put down healing zones does work.

And it doesn't work how? Nobody has ever done it. If a sniper can hit enemies they can hit allies
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

And it doesn't work how? Nobody has ever done it. If a sniper can hit enemies they can hit allies
    It doesn't work because heals have to be something that can be applied in a consistent way, mercy attaches a tether, Lucio gives off an aura, zen applies it and as long as he has los he heals while dishing out damage, 76 drops a field and if you stand in it you heal. Sniping heals is inconsistent as it would be moderate difficulty at long range and impossible at close range. Try and sniper with Widow on someone who is 5 feet away that is strafing, it is near impossible, you switch to machine gun. Eventually you will be put in a position where the area you are fighting in is small and you can't effectively snipe in.

Frankly you can sit here and devils advocate me all day but we will see how they heal soon and if I am right it will be because she lobs a biotic field on the ground with a grenade mechanic like 76 then goes into sniper mode to do damage.

Ok then... how about a sniper healer that heals nearby targets to the target she attacks?
    I mean this would be a different way to heal from all the other support healers.
    People have been saying she's connected to Reaper and is working with him, so if she would be healing like this both these heroes would heal by dealing damage(even if Reaper only heals himself).
    Last edited by Explicit Teemo Nudes; 2016-07-11 at 04:01 AM.

I'm wondering if it could work similarly to the Crusader Crossbow in TF2? That weapon heals allies but damages enemies. Perhaps this one could have an alternate fire to damage, and the main firing ability to heal. (But then how would it scope?)
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I don't think Sombra is Ana Amari. I really like this theory: http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/17/...puzzle-sombra/.

sniper healer... like what the fuck, shooting vitamin c needles?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyzilla2508 View Post
    The new Overwatch hero 'Sombra'. i have heard some little hints about her from you tube, but i am still wondering when she will be released and what abilities will she have?
    Post us some info about what she might be like.

I know she will be a support sniper, and she is Pharah's mother, but is there anything else we should know?
    Thanks in advance for your posts.
    I would bet she will be out after this season ends, so couple months to go

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Ok then... how about a sniper healer that heals nearby targets to the target she attacks?
    I mean this would be a different way to heal from all the other support healers.
    People have been saying she's connected to Reaper and is working with him, so if she would be healing like this both these heroes would heal by dealing damage(even if Reaper only heals himself).
    This is probably the best way to do it. However, it shouldn't do as much damage as Hanzo or Widowmaker, as that would make them obsolete. I guess a different kit may be enough for that not to happen, but still, no character should efectivelly fulfill two roles at once.

How about she fires a canister of healing gas and can press the fire button again to trigger it, releasing an DoT heal or something in a small area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    I would bet she will be out after this season ends, so couple months to go
    You apparently aren't paying attention. They have a comic con panel on 7/21 where they "present a behind-the-scenes look into the creative process of developing the art, design, and story for Overwatch's newest hero."

This strongly implies that the new hero will be out this week or next.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You apparently aren't paying attention. They have a comic con panel on 7/21 where they "present a behind-the-scenes look into the creative process of developing the art, design, and story for Overwatch's newest hero."

This strongly implies that the new hero will be out this week or next.
    She's the newest hero even if she hasn't been released yet.

They'll want to have people play her for the first time there, and then wait a week or two before putting her in the game. It's likely they'll release a new short featuring her before that, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pharah's mommy is named Ana
    that's not even a spoiler.
    we know that ana amari is pharahs mom for ages

Formerly known as Arafal

I'm looking forward to seeing how this hybrid mixes up competitive play and when it is actually released - i.e. before the $100K Atlantic Showdown at the beginning of August?

Deleted
    I think it's Amari for a number of reasons.

1. First on support list. A = Amari.
    2. Sniper = Amari

Bottom left = Sniper with what looks like armour similar to Pharahs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    I think it's Amari for a number of reasons.

1. First on support list. A = Amari.
    2. Sniper = Amari

Bottom left = Sniper with what looks like armour similar to Pharahs.
    Bottom left is early widow maker art, that is why you see 2 sets of 3 circles on the helm, 2 eyes + 6 eyes=8 eyes, spider.
    Dont expect any of these characters in this image that dont exist in game to be in the game as that is a concept art and not everything will be made reality. The guy on the right of genji may have been an early version of Mei who sprayed fire or radioactive spray.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn't work because heals have to be something that can be applied in a consistent way, mercy attaches a tether, Lucio gives off an aura, zen applies it and as long as he has los he heals while dishing out damage, 76 drops a field and if you stand in it you heal. Sniping heals is inconsistent as it would be moderate difficulty at long range and impossible at close range. Try and sniper with Widow on someone who is 5 feet away that is strafing, it is near impossible, you switch to machine gun. Eventually you will be put in a position where the area you are fighting in is small and you can't effectively snipe in.

Frankly you can sit here and devils advocate me all day but we will see how they heal soon and if I am right it will be because she lobs a biotic field on the ground with a grenade mechanic like 76 then goes into sniper mode to do damage.
    Um so get wrecked fool? She heals by shooting people

LOLOLOLOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Um so get wrecked fool? She heals by shooting people

LOLOLOLOL
    They're also right though, she does have a mechanic to throw a biotic field on the ground like a grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by Radore View Post
    They're also right though, she does have a mechanic to throw a biotic field on the ground like a grenade.
    I never denied that part, but that part isn't her primary way of healing. It's the fact that she snipes allies to heal them.