Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a shit? So what the mobs scale? You act like killing mobs in the world is some monumental task. This is by far one of the most asinine rants I've seen on this whine-forum
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

$10 says this thread goes on for another 20 pages of debate about whether this is a good thing, even though the claim was just troll bullshit the whole time.

Mobs scale to our lvl not our Ilvl

Making open world mobs scale to ilvl at max lvl is something they wouldn't do, this would be a bigger screw you to healers/tanks than it would be to DPS
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-07-11 at 04:22 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    After I'm geared in mythics one of the perks is being able to go out and farm mats, minor things that I need quicker due to putting in the time and tons of gold on repairs from raiding harder content. Farming at the same rate through an entire xpack is not the way to go.
    Well it has been proven that the OP's whinging over this has been proven false.. And that it is the OP who in this case is the one who is lying..

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's true, I haven't really noticed it during gameplay. Also, if it's true, I'm glad. Why? Because world quest gear also scales with your ilvl. What's the point of getting better and better gear for easier and easier content? The mobs aren't exactly hard in the first place, anyways. Things still stay relevant and not "okay I pulled my 50 mobs for this quest and killed them all at the same time".

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    $10 says this thread goes on for another 20 pages of debate about whether this is a good thing, even though the claim was just troll bullshit the whole time.
    Probably, as most people only read the first post and then immediatly reply.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    This is it folks complained about content being made redundant past a certain point.. Blizz fix this and people complain that they can no longer pwn said the same mobs like they used to be able to.. Case of Catch 22..
    Yeah but you don't fix it by making gear pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me wishes this were true. God mode current content anything gets stale and boring after a while - I only found fun in mowing things down in outdated dungeons in WotLK (as prot warr in DPS gear so back then there was still a slight chance of dying because I could be crit) and early MoP. The mowing has to be somewhat challenging to be fun. Otherwise it may as well be a 25H Firelands run at 100.

When it gets to the point where a good geared warlock can solo heroic 5 mans in MoP or easily obtainable Ashran gear lets you do equivalent insane shit, like solo ToT 10 heroics on a garbage sub 705 ilvl character, there's something wrong with both 5 man/world content difficulty and gear scaling. For fuck's sake, while leveling, I can AoE pull/quest on my shit geared 90 boosted hunter and live.

If you want God mode, go do pre-WoD content at 110. I'm sure 25HFirelands will be even easier now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    If it's true, I haven't really noticed it during gameplay. Also, if it's true, I'm glad. Why? Because world quest gear also scales with your ilvl. What's the point of getting better and better gear for easier and easier content? The mobs aren't exactly hard in the first place, anyways. Things still stay relevant and not "okay I pulled my 50 mobs for this quest and killed them all at the same time".
    As has shown here

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Furthermore

https://i.gyazo.com/c63ab268ec1d684f...4b35fc3d3b.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/b0a396ad0fd794cf...63df8f00da.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/9b19cb98c545320c...169f1c173a.png

This is from a mob in Val'sharah, just east of Lorlathil

Doesn't seem to be any scaling here
    the OP is full of it and in this case it is the OP who is making things up..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    As has shown here

the OP is full of it and in this case it is the OP who is making things up..
    ahh now I'm disappointed, but thank you for linking this.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

lets just say for arguments sake that this was true in regards to mobs scaling with your ilevel at 110

the gear rewards you get from the world quests scale with the current gear you have so you get about a +5/+10 ilevel piece and have a change to proc titanforge
    so if this is true - for my personally its justified

so in a nutshell OP - calm down kid

Deleted
    Show proof, and I will worship you and spread your findings

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Show proof, and I will worship you and spread your findings
    There is no proof as what he posted is false, there is no scaling on world mobs for itemlevel.

It would only be ok if let's say you wear Mythic gear and the mobs scale up to your itemlevel so they are still hard to kill that they then also drop mythic quality gear. Stuff to improve yourself. But they won't do this. Why? Easy - get max level with crappy questgear and then just farm rare mobs. At first they drop crappy blue loots, then you wear those and they drop crappy epic loot and you wear that and then they drop normal mode raid loot and you wear that and finally you are mythic geared without ever entering an instance or a raids. Just think about that for a second and you know why Blizzard will never be ok with mob leveling with your ITEMLEVEL. They just scale with your player level and that's ok. But once you hit 110 there is no more mob leveling.

If the mobs would level with itemlevel but still drop crappy blues and greens, then there would be even less point fighting them in the first place and getting better gear would be completely pointless.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Furthermore

https://i.gyazo.com/c63ab268ec1d684f...4b35fc3d3b.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/b0a396ad0fd794cf...63df8f00da.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/9b19cb98c545320c...169f1c173a.png

This is from a mob in Val'sharah, just east of Lorlathil

Doesn't seem to be any scaling here
    No one actually reads the thread. They reply from the first page and argue from there. So this proof that it doesn't scale is already lost and the thread will go on until it's locked because the OP is an idiot. Most likely the rare was tapped by multiple parties so it's health scaled up to 5 players like it does in Tanaan.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havent been logging in of late because ive already tested everything i wanted to test. However, the instant i hit L110 on my warrior out in Stormheim, i cheched the HP of the birds that sit around the warrior dropzone in SH. They had 779k HP at L110 and with my own ilevel at the time being <800. Every time i entered the zone for WQs i made a point of checking the HP on those birds to see if they were ever going to scale higher. They did not. Granted, i stopped playing beta shortly after passing iL835ish on that char, but at no time as my gear improved did their health increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfury View Post
    lets just say for arguments sake that this was true in regards to mobs scaling with your ilevel at 110

the gear rewards you get from the world quests scale with the current gear you have so you get about a +5/+10 ilevel piece and have a change to proc titanforge
    so if this is true - for my personally its justified
    This isn't exactly accurate... It isn't +5/+10 by default... once you get some gear it caps... I see mostly iLevel 835 now, with the rare 840 from dungeon WQs.

I am iLevel 848, and the lowest items I have are 835... I have yet to see any piece pop up scaling to higher than myself. I believe it caps out at 835/840.. .of course it COULD titanforge...

Doesn't relate to this thread particularly... but wanted to clarify.

And personally I think mobs should stay what level they were when leveling... you gained levels and power for a reason. As it is.. ALl of Legion is an endgame zone... even though you've already done most of the WQs when leveling as regualr quests. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    Blizzard lied, and this was stealth implemented
    Mobs out in the world will start scaling with your ilevel afetr you reach max level ( not just with your character level).
    They will increase in HP and Armor/Damage done to you, every 30 ilevels you will get, i tested this and is easy for anyone else to test
    It is bullshit, what is the meaning of this shit, while we even botehr to get gear if scrubs in greens will ahve an easier time to kill mobs for skinning , wtf Blizzard ?
    sounds as very good and very interesting idea - mobs will scale and i bet also drops from them will scale too as well as world quest rewards - perfect finally some end game content outside of dungeons and raids.

its something which wow missed since forever

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think it will be easier for newly 110 character than geared 110 characters? Sounds more like it is easier for people that is almost geared, but just not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    This isn't exactly accurate... It isn't +5/+10 by default... once you get some gear it caps... I see mostly iLevel 835 now, with the rare 840 from dungeon WQs.

I am iLevel 848, and the lowest items I have are 835... I have yet to see any piece pop up scaling to higher than myself. I believe it caps out at 835/840.. .of course it COULD titanforge...

Doesn't relate to this thread particularly... but wanted to clarify.

And personally I think mobs should stay what level they were when leveling... you gained levels and power for a reason. As it is.. ALl of Legion is an endgame zone... even though you've already done most of the WQs when leveling as regualr quests. Meh.
    i was just about to check if there was a cap as this was happening with my 830 toon and also when it got to 835 - now i know