Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...people who think this is somehow good...

You want a Syria thats closer to your backyards, because thats how you get a Syria thats closer to your backyards.

Most of this site is made up of people from NATO countries, you really think NATO isn't going to play some part in the situation if it ends up getting out of hand?

Waiting for Obama to say "fuck it" and leave the White House. Its like the world is getting more and more ridiculous every day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is a fake-ass coup. They didn't arrest no minister, no parliamentarian, nothing. Just blockaded the roads and airport. Nothing more than a staged event to gain political leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Democracy > anarchy
    Tyranny >

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It's far lefist to point out this scheme usually backfire ?
    Do you have any actual proof that USA backed this coup, or is is just some impulse to blame everything on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    See, my fear there is he crashes it somewhere he was denied asylum a final act of retribution
    Give me asylum or I will fly into a building!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    So if he is in a plane right now, and nobody allows him to land, where does he go? You only have so much fuel.
    either istanbul or falling to his death.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    It's far lefist to point out this scheme usually backfire ?
    If the US instigated this shit then yes it might backfire but this seems internal.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Nato will sit out of it as to not alienate the one who stays in control, for turkey this is very much an internal matter.
    You're probably right, but I can't imagine having a coup in one of their member countries is something that will not be a huge pain in the ass for other NATO countries. At the very least politically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not getting any reliable reports that Erdogan has been denied asylum anywhere, seems like he was at Marmaris.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is a fake-ass coup. They didn't arrest no minister, no parliamentarian, nothing. Just blockaded the roads and airport. Nothing more than a staged event to gain political leverage.
    Why is he trying to find a place for exile then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    He might be allowed to land and refuel but not have asylum.

I wonder who he'll try next now that the UK said no.
    I somehow don't see that happening, but I could be wrong.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Nope. NATO only intervenes on foreign threats. This coup is considered as domestic therefore NATO won't do shit.
    And even then NATO wont intervene if it was a NATO country who initiated the attack and/or DoW.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Really? Well thats highly disappointing.

Turkish Air Force should have dropped a 2000lb bomb on Erdogan's monument to himself (the Presidential Palace) just to draw a line under his era.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Do you have any actual proof that USA backed this coup, or is is just some impulse to blame everything on them?
    Nah, your typical US backed coup is to install a King, or radical cleric, this just isn't our style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Once again, it's true that the good old ''coup the elected leader and replace him with a general'' worked so well for the USA in the long run, isn'it ?

And as someone implied, coup can suceed or fail-if the coup fail...

(This is why, incidentally, Western countries are pretty obviously trying to ascertain who is in control and who is likely to remain in control-if they back the army and Erdogan win...)
    It will be interesting for Erdogan to win, and him (Erdogan) know or suspect USA was behind the coup. Really really interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a failure, too bad.

Deleted
    The explosions and deaths are just special effects?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not getting any reliable reports that Erdogan has been denied asylum anywhere, seems like he was at Marmaris.
    Boris should let him in on the condition he stays with him and Louis Theroux does a special.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    The USA is certainly not behind this coup.