Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

"You need to visit a Transmogrification NPC to hide your cloak, helm, or shoulders"

God dammit Blizz. /facepalm

Really? REALLY?! Why? What possible reason could there be to tie players to an NPC to do this?

EDIT: I guess this isn't a new change, and it's been in the beta for a bit. I don't have beta access(thanks for that, btw, Blizz), and this is the first I encountered it. My bad, apparently. Still, this is my reaction. Even though it's a relatively minor inconvenience, it's just one more on the pile of minor inconveniences.

Anyway, here's my post from page 3, that hopefully explains where I'm at:

I guess what it comes down to me is why the xmog wardrobe even needs to be tied to an NPC in the first place. There's a disparity between the option to turn off helmet and cloak being available anytime, anywhere, and the rest of the xmog options being a gold payment locked to an NPC. Blizzard decided they wanted to add the ability to turn off shoulders as well, but instead of simply adding a checkbox next to the existing options for cloak and helm they took ALL of it and threw it into the NPC, forcing players to lose an option they're accustomed to.

I get that it makes sense to have all the appearance options in one place. But I don't see why we need to have it tied to an NPC which potentially interrupts the flow of whatever else you happen to be doing when you get a drop with a new appearance. Interrupting whatever I'm doing in order to travel to an NPC just to toggle something on or off just seems needlessly tedious, especially when we've had the toggle at our fingertips for years.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-07-18 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Really? REALLY?! Why? What possible reason could there be to tie players to an NPC to do this?
    Same reason we have a reduced max camera distance:
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Some people are going to comment like "Omg, people are always complaining!" - But give me a honest answer - Why Blizzard is doing a step back with these changes?

It's regression, giving us a nice things and then taking them away(and I don't mean unbalanced classes).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Some people are going to comment like "Omg, people are always complaining!" - But give me a honest answer - Why Blizzard is doing a step back with these changes?

It's regression, giving us a nice things and then taking them away(and I don't mean unbalanced classes).
    They want us to spend gold on the transmog mount.

Which I did

Another pointless bitching thread.. /yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    If only you had a magic STONE that transported you to a private HEARTH in a base, or a fortress, or a GARRISON where you had a private transmog vendor easily at your disposal in a rank three bank.

If only such an item existed... All your problems would be solved.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    why do people need to complain about every thing they add an amazing feature and people just bitch and moan that its not 100% what they personally want.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe to make a gold sink for the fuck ton of gold that garrison gave

Why do you need to visit the appearance customisation NPC to customise your appearance? I can't imagine.

Hmm, a gear appearance option being tied to transmog. Why would they ever do that? That's a real pickle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya i don't see why they would change that. Seems dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    why do people need to complain about every thing they add an amazing feature and people just bitch and moan that its not 100% what they personally want.
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Another pointless bitching thread.. /yawn
    ^ And this is why sometimes I hate this forum. You give Blizzard a constructive criticism and all some users can respond is "omg stop whining".
    This is fucking ridiculous.

This argument is pointless, let's just raise repair costs 5 times and you get a better gold sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna know what a better option would be? Making special mounts, pets or other things. Not doing something annoying to the transmog system. People have a reason to be upset and they did bring it up in Alpha/beta.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah 'gold sink', sure...

Another pointless bitching thread.. /yawn - More like another pointless bitching comment /yawn

I am curious as to why, really, I am, I want to know why the change, the real reason not some speculative crap.

You need to visit this site more often. This has been known since December. You complaining about this now is fucking embarrassing honestly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It doesn't cost anything to hide pieces, from what I remember on beta.

Personally, I think it's more of an attempt to unify the transmog system, rather than Blizzard trying to fuck those of us who always hide helms.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ^ And this is why sometimes I hate this forum. You give Blizzard a constructive criticism and all some users can respond is "omg stop whining".
    This is fucking ridiculous.
    how is it constructive criticism your just whining you dont get 100% what you want and not looking at it from there point of view that is probably far more thought then your crappy criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wanna know what a better option would be? Making special mounts, pets or other things. Not doing something annoying to the transmog system. People have a reason to be upset and they did bring it up in Alpha/beta.
    they did make special mounts pets and other things but most people don`t buy those so this is a good way to add in a gold sink that a ton more people will use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Yeah 'gold sink', sure...

Another pointless bitching thread.. /yawn - More like another pointless bitching comment /yawn

I am curious as to why, really, I am, I want to know why the change, the real reason not some speculative crap.
    What absolute crap. If you want the "real" reason, then you are on the wrong fucking forum. Blizzard doesn't come here to post replies to you. Go to their forum if you want "real" answers. In any case, how hard is it to understand that an appearance option is tied to transmog?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

We've known about this since 2015. Seriously.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Not hard to reason out, the continue the trend of the menu clutter and fits naturally with the mogg ravamp

Deleted
    Grand expedition yak.