Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    OF COURSE it belongs to the arcane orcs of Warmages of Suramar.

In all seriousness though: Suramar belonged to the night elf nobles, which are the Highborne. And the only Highborne that didn't turn naga, satyr, high elf or nightborne - basically haven't mutated into any sort of creature is Shen'dralar so my vote goes to them.
    Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan and the Shadowsongs will have words with you that it only belonged to the Highborne. Highborne led or even highborne rescued doesn't make Suramar highborne owned. It belonged to ALL the night elves of Suramar - those that left and survived were the ones who beat Azshara and the legion and became the Vigil night elves, those that stayed and fought to protect the city became the nightborne - highborne and non-highborne alike.

Saying that, we don't really know if Tyrande came from a highborne family - we just know that she accepted the call to the priesthood which means you sever all former ties - we don't know what those ties are. We know the Shadowsongs aren't, but we're not sure of the Stormrages, I suspect they were not highborne, but I don't remember it explicitly mentioned, Malfurion rejects culture of the day as too complacent and misguided - he has the wisdom to see what all the people were going - it reminds me of our modern society - where you get some wise content souls that notice the misguided way we live - despite all our accomplishemnts most people don't care aobut the right things, have their priorities misplaced etc - and he ofc eventually does something about it in a way that has nothing to do with the culture norms. He finds his calling in nature, and because of his success most night elves after the sundering follow him.

Illidan on the other hand is just as passionate about his people, but goes or tries to go about it via the established route as he loves sorcery, eventually finding out his and his people's level is inadequate to deal with the level of threat the Legion and it's Lord's hold which sets him down his path. The right and wrong of it is not the issue, each must judge, but what is clear is that these brothers have much passion and strength to save their people. I suspect they were not highborne though, or more would have been made of it, but I don't think it was mentioned either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The cause of blood/high elves becoming wretched, is pumping them full of arcane to a point their body cannot handle and then they degenerate, it is pretty much the opposite of the nightborne cycle. The artifact the high elves used must have contained a massive amount of power, it was most likely this little gem
    yes, that sounds right. So even if you are connected to the Sunwell, you can overload, now most elves would never go there, the sunwell providing the radiance they need, and those that train have the discipline ingrained into them, - no group of elves wanted an Azshara repeat, and the high elves were earnest about making a magical society that worked, they believed it could, Illidan did too, except Malfurion didn't trust it would or at least did trust that they could do it responsible at the time. He is proven to be wrong.

We see the Suramar night elves another example of those who achieved magical usage with discipline and control to their incredible heights, which makes it ironic because the nightwell gets corrupted anyway, but unlike the Shen'drelar or the highborne or the high elves - it's not via reckless abuse or arcane addiction or greed. Another irony too about the nightborne is their betrayal of their people to the Legion, Elisande wasn't corrupted by arcane magic, or in a reckless spree displaying the callous arrogance and hubris of Azshara... but she still gives in to the Legion. This is the outstanding arcane night elven group, and without magical induced madness, some of them do anyway. Some don't also, so...

Back to the gem. I'm now imagining as a thing they open up and then just sucks them in, even when they try to stop absorbing the arcane they can't, like it's spelled so they have no choice but to overload (my imagination)- we never get to the bottom of who does this to them.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-07-19 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You and me both, it just upsets a lot of people, I understand being jealous over the blood elves, but would that matter what faction they were in if you genuinely loved the race? Maybe it's the new story drive, making them on the alliance might ruin them for some people - i.e. classic high elf fantasy trope. Many feel they've already ruined the horde, frankly I don't think blizzard will make their decision on how we feel, because really you have a lot of request from people for playable alliance high elves, and those that are strongly against it, they can get a good idea of more accurate numbers and genuine requests on their boards or tweets.

Or who knows, I give up really, we already have blood elves so not to fussed whether high elves become playable or not, but because how hugely popular they are, and what you want to achieve - like faction uniqueness, faction balance, it's not just as straightforward as okay, we'll open them up to the alliance.
    As far as uniqueness goes, high elves are already in alliance zones, and pandaren exist cross faction too, so i really dont see it as a massive change, it would just allow players to play as an unadded alliance NPC race.

Im honestly not fussed either way, but i do support alliance high elves

7+ Year Old Account
    Why should they? They have no real reason or desire to do so, they have Quel'thalas and still haven't reclaimed all of their lost land, Silvermoon is scarcely populated, so they don't really have the numbers to begin with, sure there can be cooperation and exchange of techniques, they could help them with the nightwell etc. but any closer ties than that are quite unlikely.
    I think they have reclaimed it, but blizzard is lazy with revamp the area

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I hope after the Legion is dealt with the Bloodelves do the sensible thing and abandon Dalaran.

Sadly Blizzard made it cannon that Humans are amazing at almost everything they do because they don't live long and try harder or some lame gods damn motherfucking bullshit nonsense fuckery.

Magic was included in that fuckery.
    can I quote that infinitely ?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    BritishBulldog, Blood Elf edition LOL.
    Excuse Me sir no one can be like BritishBulldog
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

No their loss of power turned them into blood elves, they sought a replacement for the power they lost. The sunwell has been restored and since then they are no longer interested in the migration to Outland etc. they now sit once more in Quel'thalas their little corner of the world and have no intention to conquer.
    They haven't claimed the Sunwell. If you did the Quel'dalar quest chain, the blood elf PALADINS and draenei inhabit the Sunwell. Not the mass of blood elf population. They're still searching and seeking for a source of power to claim and use. They always have been, always will be.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They haven't claimed the Sunwell. If you did the Quel'dalar quest chain, the blood elf PALADINS and draenei inhabit the Sunwell. Not the mass of blood elf population. They're still searching and seeking for a source of power to claim and use. They always have been, always will be.
    Incorrect. The blood elves claimed it and there are no draenei there

Holy misinformation batman
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Incorrect. The blood elves claimed it and there are no draenei there

Holy misinformation batman
    Batman !!?
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Sadly Blizzard made it cannon that Humans are amazing at almost everything they do because they don't live long and try harder or some lame gods damn motherfucking bullshit nonsense fuckery.
    Yeah, I think has something to do with "we're so weak and frail that we need TWICE the BALLS everyone needs to do the same things they do" or something like that. I mean, just look at their racials. Tauren stomp the ground, Night Elves blend with the shadows, Trolls regenerate wounds, Orcs and Dwarves are sturdy, Worgen are agile and fast for obvious reasons and Humans...well, they break all fears, stuns ecc. because HEY, EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF BABY.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    yeah, but they will also want the nightwell too.
    Why? To fuck themselves all over again?

The current Sunwell is the most reliable source of power and sustainment they ever had. It would be foolish to repeat the same mistakes all over again.

Suramar should belong to the Nighfallen and any surviving Nightborne. I don't see Blood Elves denying such right to them, they just don't need to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    I thought the elves were being exterminated then the humns came and helped them out.
    Was that retconned in the Chronicle or what?
    It was always that way, Chronicle didn't change a thing.

Yeah the humans helped the elves but they needed the elves as well, if Quel'Thalas fell humans were next on the trolls' list and wouldn't have stood a chance alone.

Wow, the headcanon ship has sailed early this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the headcanon ship has sailed early this day.
    It's 05:46 here
    so yeah to early

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    can I quote that infinitely ?!
    Yes you may.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Isn't there a group of Nightborne who aid us? Shouldn't they get their city back and we assist them in establishing their government back? Also I would fucking kill to get playable Nightborne out of this

Wow you are either utterly uninformed or try to settle on the echo isles. Quel'danas is under horde control again, Halduron the Ranger general of Silvermoon decides who gets to see the well, you are correct that the shattered sun offensive is helping rebuilding but they are not in control. Rommath even addresses it ingame that since the sunwell has been restored there are no more fel chrystals in Quel'thalas etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I think they have reclaimed it, but blizzard is lazy with revamp the area
    The ghostlands weren't fully reclaimed in Warcrimes, so I personally doubt it.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-07-19 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    yes, night elves don't like cities, all their cities are in ruins, and they'll probably destroy Suramar too (okay a bit harsh) . but it should be in blood elf control.
    Well,that one is a "THEY TOOK EEER JEEEEEB" type of argument.

Really no reason for them to want to be there, no Blood Elf was alive when Suramar was lost. Maybe they would want to scour it for knowledge but they have little reason to want to live there. Would be very Warhammer Fantasy for the High Elves to live on an Island in the middle of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Isn't there a group of Nightborne who aid us? Shouldn't they get their city back and we assist them in establishing their government back? Also I would fucking kill to get playable Nightborne out of this
    indeed, not only that, they rescue a large portion of the nightborne population - you are sent by them particularly to win them over - many of them are in fear of being expelled for resisting the legion - Lunastre orchestrates your efforts to remind them who they were once were, the night elves who stood against the legion 10k years against impossible odds, who rebelled against Queen and fought that evil, not to give in to it out of fear.

I estimate we end up wiping out as much as a 3rd of the city, which is Elisande and all the advisors, leaders and guards including some of the civilians who have signed their fate up with the legion. I noticed very very very few nightborne actually like the Legion and are hungry for its power. The impression you get is that most don't like, some staunchly oppose in secret, and the vast majority will have nothing to do with their power as they never pick them up. Those with Elisande are enforcing her position and/or believe as she does, they don't adopt fel magic or methods, except the rare person amongst them who seems to be the legion fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ofc they should. I fully expect that once exalted Thalyssa will call for open insurrection but I am stuck behind Xavius and cannot progress the Nightfallen quests (even though I've been exalted for over a month now).
    Agreed, and what an insurrection it would be. They orchestrate and lead us to help them. We are the allied forces that have come in to Paris (Suramar) to help La Resistance - French/Parisians opposing Nazi(legion) occuption of Paris (Suramar) and are the controlling force of the region (Broken Isles (or Suramar which is what the night elves call the whole island). The nightborne are the Parisians, the night elves are the French countrymen - and together they are fighting this occupation but are unable to do it alone.

They get help from the allied forces (Alliance and horde) and they need/use us to be the vanguard of the final attack on the nighthold that should liberate the city. We see this happen enought times.

We all (alliance and horde) help the blood elves regain QuelDanas and the Sunwell
    We all (alliance and horde) help the Trolls, Vol'jin free Zul'Gurub from the Hakkar.
    We all (alliance and horde) help the Draenei free Karabor from Illidan
    We all helped the Pandarians etc

We now help the night elves of the Broken isle free their capital city, and the leader that orchestrates us this time is Thalyssra the nightborne First Arcansit currently in a the nightfallen state.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Really no reason for them to want to be there, no Blood Elf was alive when Suramar was lost. Maybe they would want to scour it for knowledge but they have little reason to want to live there. Would be very Warhammer Fantasy for the High Elves to live on an Island in the middle of the ocean.
    in the end Illidan become the eternal king and rules all elves !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in the end Illidan become the eternal king and rules all elves !!
    one of the things I love about Illidan and the nightborne is that they really remind us that all elves are related, one group may be dark skinned and nocturnal, the other light skinned and diurnal, - but they are still and are all Elves. despite all their various different conditions or mutations (Wretched, undead, nightborne, hlaf-cenarion etc)

Too many people don't realize that night elves have a really strong arcane side, and most of the night elves remember it, wehther htey've nature lovers or not, the highborne and the nightborne return and illdan too now rea lly empahsize this because this is the part that is like the blood elves. Truth is, this was alawyas there in their lore, we only seeing it now. And hopefully it may lead to some proper night elf and thalassian elf working together. - Suramar as their capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    one of the things I love about Illidan and the nightborne is that they really remind us that all elves are related, one group may be dark skinned and nocturnal, the other light skinned and diurnal, - but they are still and are all Elves. despite all their various different conditions or mutations (Wretched, undead, nightborne, hlaf-cenarion etc)

Too many people don't realize that night elves have a really strong arcane side, and most of the night elves remember it, wehther htey've nature lovers or not, the highborne and the nightborne return and illdan too now rea lly empahsize this because this is the part that is like the blood elves. Truth is, this was alawyas there in their lore, we only seeing it now. And hopefully it may lead to some proper night elf and thalassian elf working together. - Suramar as their capital.
    The comment is a joke, in warhammer fantasy Malekith the king of the dark elves in the end of times became the eternal king! ruler of all elves (dark elves, high elves and wood elves).