Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly having to move around a bit isn't hurting anyone. Anyway, if you can afford the transmog mount then that's a huge timesaver.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Because the new system allows you to save "apparences" like "blue ice set", "red fire set", "green jungle" or whatever, and the display of your helm / cloack / shoulders can change for each set and they don't want you to have to go escape -> interface -> display -> hide x/y/z when you switch and appearance, it's automatically handled by the new appearance system.

It's just so simple. I don't understand why people are getting mad.
    Because they could have still kept it on the menu as well?

Because pretty much every other serious game I can think of with a wardrobe-like system doesn't tie you to an NPC the way this new system does?

Because there are so many ways the game could be amazing, but Blizzard insists on some very weird and outdated ideas that all boil down to "We could make this take no time, especially since there's absolutely no gameplay or challenge involved whatsoever... but let's make players run back to town and call it 'immersion' or something to that effect."

Off the top of my head, GW2 and Rift have similar systems to what WoW is finally implementing, they've had it for a long time, and it's not tied to an arbitrary NPC somewhere.

There are workarounds, but it's just a pointless annoyance... unless their system is technically not able to handle it the old way anymore (which, given how old the game is and how stapled together much of it feels, is a very real possibility.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    There are workarounds, but it's just a pointless annoyance... unless their system is technically not able to handle it the old way anymore (which, given how old the game is and how stapled together much of it feels, is a very real possibility.)
    Yeah i think this is the more accurate and reasonable explanation i have heard so far.

Deleted
    Obviously they did this in order to make you move around the world and not have you sit in your order hall all day, that's what everyone keeps banging on about, right ? /s

In all seriousness, people, as usual, blow things way out of proportion. The only time this would be an issue is when you would get a cloak/helmet upgrade inside a dungeon/raid and would have to go back to hide it or, you know, just start using it after you're done. If your run hinges on that upgrade, something is probably really wrong with your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Really...this is your complaint. It's probably a good thing Blizzard didn't give you a beta invitation.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Because they want to tie everything item-appearance related tied to the Transmog Vendor and the new Wardrobe tab.
    Plus it makes sense anyway, how do you hide your helm if you aren't wearing a hood? How do you hide your huge plate shoulders as an orc? With magic.

It is odd to have some options available at the Interface menu and others available at the Transmog Vendor. You have to open a different menu for similar actions. It was like this until now, but it is logical that they would want to clean it up when they'd start re-designing and polishing the Transmogrification menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Really...this is your complaint. It's probably a good thing Blizzard didn't give you a beta invitation.
    i'd rather have one in that finds issues than someone with a "blizzard can do no wrong" mentality.

Wow, just listen to the whining from the op. Waaaaaah I have to go somewhere to do something, it's obnoxious. Like, how often do you have to hide your cloak that this is a real issue for you?

Deleted
    It's absolutely baffling how this is a 9 page thread. First world problems much? Complaining about not being able to hide your helm without going to a vendor which takes like a minute? Jeez.

I guess they can always just remove the option, and cloak/helm from the UI as well, if you dislike it that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Wow, just listen to the whining from the op. Waaaaaah I have to go somewhere to do something, it's obnoxious. Like, how often do you have to hide your cloak that this is a real issue for you?
    Yeah i will explain this one to you, because you seem not to understand it.
    As it is now i start the expansion, i go to the options menu, and i enable "hide cloak", and i am done with it, whatever cloak i get with any of my chars (21) it will not be displayed.
    With this new system each time one of my chars equips a new cloak, i am gonna have to stop doing whatever i am doing and hearth back to an NPC in wherever he is to disable the cloak, this with all the damn chars/cloaks.
    In my case i do not hide cloaks, but i sure as hell have helms hidden, i am gonna have to go to the NPC each time for each helm with each char.
    Now if i could go to the NPC and told him to Always hide helms and for all my chars and be done, i would be ok with the change, but otherwise it is like fukin stupid.
    In my case it is just helms i can´t stand, but imagine the joy if you also can not stand cloaks and shoulders, and have as many chars or more than i do, it is gonna be so fun to be half the expansion chatting with the transmog guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Because the new system allows you to save "apparences" like "blue ice set", "red fire set", "green jungle" or whatever, and the display of your helm / cloack / shoulders can change for each set and they don't want you to have to go escape -> interface -> display -> hide x/y/z when you switch and appearance, it's automatically handled by the new appearance system.

It's just so simple. I don't understand why people are getting mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    This change is A-MA-ZING actually.

You can save different outfit, with or without cloak, with or without helm and with or without shoulders !!!!

Without having to go in the options to remove or turn back showing helm/cloak.

THANK YOU BLIZZARD !!!!
    Exactly, these are what blizzard actually designed it around.
    Look at it from the view of those people, who the UI toggle option was not catering to, who it was not supporting.
    Those who created their look based on the having those permanently visible or permanently hidden.
    Was it right those players should have to resort to a macro, or addon to handle the visibility on a per-spec or per-outfit basis ?
    So is them being denied an option fair ?
    Blizzard were simply trying to support players with a different preference.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-19 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Complaining about not being able to hide your helm without going to a vendor which takes like a minute? Jeez.
    Complaining about a game change that brings nothing to the game, and detracts something from it.
    Yeah we are talking about a feature in a videogame, thank you for bringing to our attention it might not be the world number one issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    i'd rather have one in that finds issues than someone with a "blizzard can do no wrong" mentality.
    Which if you didn't just jump on a bandwagon yesterday, you'd realize I'm definitely not that person, since I quit playing in Warlords and, to this point, have not bought Legion.

However, that being said...let's use logic. Where does hiding an armor feature make more sense at? A place where you change the appearances of said armor, or in a submenu somewhere in the settings options?

Yeah...Blizzard has tons of faults. This is not one of them. They honestly should have done it this way in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Exactly, these are what blizzard actually designed it around.
    Look at it from the view of those people, who the UI toggle option was not catering to, who it was not supporting.
    Those who created their look based on the having those permanently visible or permanently hidden.
    Was it right those players should have to resort to a macro, or addon to handle the visibility on a per-spec or per-outfit basis ?
    So is them being denied an option fair ?
    Blizzard were simply trying to support players with a different preference.
    Please explain me what is so difficult, in letting the system be as it is for the people you talk about, and at the same time keep the old option of global enable/disable visibility, for the ones that like me, still want that option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah i will explain this one to you, because you seem not to understand it.
    As it is now i start the expansion, i go to the options menu, and i enable "hide cloak", and i am done with it, whatever cloak i get with any of my chars (21) it will not be displayed.
    With this new system each time one of my chars equips a new cloak, i am gonna have to stop doing whatever i am doing and hearth back to an NPC in wherever he is to disable the cloak, this with all the damn chars/cloaks.
    In my case i do not hide cloaks, but i sure as hell have helms hidden, i am gonna have to go to the NPC each time for each helm with each char.
    Now if i could go to the NPC and told him to Always hide helms and for all my chars and be done, i would be ok with the change, but otherwise it is like fukin stupid.
    In my case it is just helms i can´t stand, but imagine the joy if you also can not stand cloaks and shoulders, and have as many chars or more than i do, it is gonna be so fun to be half the expansion chatting with the transmog guy.
    If you hate every single cloak, helmet, and shoulder armor design in the entire game...you are not the target audience for Blizzard. Sorry if that makes you so upset.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Because they could have still kept it on the menu as well?

Because pretty much every other serious game I can think of with a wardrobe-like system doesn't tie you to an NPC the way this new system does?

Because there are so many ways the game could be amazing, but Blizzard insists on some very weird and outdated ideas that all boil down to "We could make this take no time, especially since there's absolutely no gameplay or challenge involved whatsoever... but let's make players run back to town and call it 'immersion' or something to that effect."

Off the top of my head, GW2 and Rift have similar systems to what WoW is finally implementing, they've had it for a long time, and it's not tied to an arbitrary NPC somewhere.

They want all the transmog visuals managed at the transmog NPC, not in settings in menus.

You don't have to go back to a capital to change your transmog, just summon your Yak.

So because GW2 and Rift do it Blizzard should do exactly the same ? What is going to be the next thread ? "Lazy Blizzard copying Rift and GW2, no inspiration, no content, bla bla bla" ? It's already easy enough to transmog, why should it be done in menus ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    Issues........

for some, issues are not issues at all

to others, issues are game-breaking possibly and not allowing gameplay to flow in a normal and realistic manner

So which is it then?
    Finding issues is one thing.
    Finding crap that is so fukkin trivial to the gameplay in general is bs.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    If you hate every single cloak, helmet, and shoulder armor design in the entire game...you are not the target audience for Blizzard. Sorry if that makes you so upset.
    So then the devs that allowed to hide these features in the options interface, despite not being, as you say, the target audience for blizzard, were tampering with the game without blizzard knowing it?
    BLIZZARD YOU HAVE SECURITY ISSUES.

And btw i do not hate all the helms in the game, it is just i like to see the head of my chars, just a preference, not that i find anything wrong with the helms.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-07-19 at 11:49 AM.