Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Yup, blame your PvP problems on cheaters and wintraders. Good work.
    A non-sequitur. Are cheaters and wintraders a serious problem? Yes, they are. QED.

I'm just wondering, did blizz ever say that the mentioned investigation is done by a human being?

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    I'm just wondering, did blizz ever say that the mentioned investigation is done by a human being?
    You really think by "investigation", they meant automatic investigation by a program? (Anyway, the answer to your question is "no", AFAIK, however meaningless I think it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    A non-sequitur. Are cheaters and wintraders a serious problem? Yes, they are. QED.
    Are they? All I have to go on is the whining of people who have lower ratings than the "cheaters and wintraders".
    Beta Club Brosquad

Are they? All I have to go on is the whining of people who have lower ratings than the "cheaters and wintraders".
    Yes, cheaters and wintraders are a serious problem. (Jeez...)

You really think by "investigation", they meant automatic investigation by a program? (Anyway, the answer to your question is "no", AFAIK, however meaningless I think it is.)
    What I think is that it was never explained what "investigation" means nor have I ever read about GMs doing it. Maybe all investigation done is a check if the number of reports passes a certain number in a certain timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    What I think is that it was never explained what "investigation" means nor have I ever read about GMs doing it. Maybe all investigation done is a check if the number of reports passes a certain number in a certain timeframe.
    That's called "automatic silence". No, by "investigation" people usually mean a human looking into logs.

That's called "automatic silence". No, by "investigation" people usually mean a human looking into logs.
    Isn't this "automatic silence" the thing everyone is complaining about?
    Maybe "usually" does not apply for blues

Deleted
    whining offtopic with a personal attack on other people's rating. Good job. Also factually glads have been complaining about it since long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    This is why I love asmongold - he's always testing everything out PROPER
    I kinda hate him...

Not sure what he expected. He knew what would happen... asking people to report him why wouldn't he get silenced?

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    I kinda hate him...

Not sure what he expected. He knew what would happen... asking people to report him why wouldn't he get silenced?
    Because there's no reason? Why would he get silenced? He did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Because there's no reason? Why would he get silenced? He did nothing wrong.
    Once again this system isn't even new. Before you could do the samething but it would hit you with a 2hr temp ban. Now all it does is silence you. People need to stop acting like this was added with the silence system.

Good chance its just a remnant of the old system and wasn't removed.

Be happy he can still play because what he did does fall under abuse of the system and that is reportable offence.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again this system isn't even new. Before you could do the samething but it would hit you with a 2hr temp ban. Now all it does is silence you. People need to stop acting like this was added with the silence system.
    I keep asking and nobody answers - is there any evidence that we had auto-silence / squelch before the change besides one green post in 2011?

The bigger thing is that even if we had it, that just means that it was as bad before the change as it is after, we just didn't know - and the abuse wasn't there because we didn't know (and now we know).

But still - is there any evidence that the auto-silence was there before the change? Or is that one green post all there is?

I keep asking and nobody answers - is there any evidence that we had auto-silence / squelch before the change besides one green post in 2011?

The bigger thing is that even if we had it, that just means that it was as bad before the change as it is after, we just didn't know - and the abuse wasn't there because we didn't know (and now we know).

But still - is there any evidence that the auto-silence was there before the change? Or is that one green post all there is?
    I can provide a screen shot of the ticket I filed a few months back if it helps.

Its the only time ever I received a temp ban or ban for anything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Just the other day, me and my friends where in a dungeon with an annoying guy. So we got a bit passive aggressive on him. And oh yeah baby he took the bait. And started insulting. So we got him banned. That was freaking awesome. Silence ban is great content

10+ Year Old Account
    That's grounds for silencing?
    No, but it's grounds for saying that the person being held up as proof that this is unfair may not be as lily-white innocent as the poster would have us believe. If your server all dislikes you perhaps you've been doing something to make it that way... and those things may well be grounds for silencing.

Also, people are going to play around with this because a) it's new and b) there's no new content in this patch to distract people. People aren't going to bother with this once Legion launches. Hell, they probably won't bother with it in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I can provide a screen shot of the ticket I filed a few months back if it helps.

Its the only time ever I received a temp ban or ban for anything.
    If that's not too much hassle. Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No, but it's grounds for saying that the person being held up as proof that this is unfair may not be as lily-white innocent as the poster would have us believe. If your server all dislikes you perhaps you've been doing something to make it that way... and those things may well be grounds for silencing.

Also, people are going to play around with this because a) it's new and b) there's no new content in this patch to distract people. People aren't going to bother with this once Legion launches. Hell, they probably won't bother with it in a month.
    It's not grounds for anything, you are talking about matters that are too soft to be reasoned in terms of "yes, that's enough to hold / ban / whatever" or "no, it's not enough" (the "it's grounds to think that the guy might or might not be innocent" provides precisely nothing), it's all subject to too much interpretation.

I think what will happen is that they will have to remove the auto-silence.

Np this is all I could pull up from it since it didn't archive the whole thing.

As you can see the ticket was 7 months ago and it was the first time I ever recieved any kind of ban or punishment on my account. Also as you can see in the image they refused to change it.

Good chance it didn't archive the whole thing because I had a few colorful words I said to the GM. I was quite pissed at the time since I feel I didn't break any rules.

Trade trolls just spammed report spam on me when I was selling a few items. But that's over and done with This was all I could pull up from the report/ticket.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-21 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It's not grounds for anything, you are talking about matters that are too soft to be reasoned in terms of "yes, that's enough to hold / ban / whatever" or "no, it's not enough" (the "it's grounds to think that the guy might or might not be innocent" provides precisely nothing), it's all subject to too much interpretation.

I think what will happen is that they will have to remove the auto-silence.
    Yeah right. Read the poster who held that guy up as 'proof' it's a bad system. I'm taking the person's OWN WORDS into account. In case you're too lazy to make the connections, here:

1 - Poster here holds up this guy as proof that people are being silenced who should not be, i.e. that the silenced person has done nothing at all wrong and is innocent.
    2 - Guy who was silenced notes HIMSELF that his server dislikes him.
    3 - QED, there might be a reason for that person being silenced if the entire server dislikes him. Even if there wasn't in what he said, it seems apparent that his past behavior got a lot of people to report him.

The last point is key - this just isn't going to be an issue for the vast majority of players who don't even have a rep on their server. People aren't going to mass report random folks and while there might be some trolling, a) Blizzard can refine the system and b) once there's things to do, very few people will spend time trolling others like this.

This is a non-issue and the only people up in arms about it are the people who can't control what they type.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    1 - Poster here holds up this guy as proof that people are being silenced who should not be, i.e. that the silenced person has done nothing at all wrong and is innocent.
    2 - Guy who was silenced notes HIMSELF that his server dislikes him.
    3 - QED, there might be a reason for that person being silenced if the entire server dislikes him. Even if there wasn't in what he said, it seems apparent that his past behavior got a lot of people to report him.

The last point is key - this just isn't going to be an issue for the vast majority of players who don't even have a rep on their server. ...
    Point 3 - "there might be a reason for that person to be silenced" - does not need the rest of the text and does not need "QED". It's trivially true all the time. There *always* "might be a reason for that person to be silenced". And if you are talking that because of some soft matter like "the server doesn't like him" this guy has *more* of a reason to be silenced, then that's, again, so soft and so open to interpretation, it doesn't help and isn't useful in any analysis, it can't be key or anything else, it just can't be measured efficiently and reliably.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-21 at 04:57 PM.