Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion this is the best enhancement shaman we have seen

Effing love The new Enhancement shaman. Because now you can properly AoE that even turn SS and LL into cleaves. Little iffy about LB now but with Overload it's pretty awesome and has become our new "Earth shock"

The only issue I have with it is that your Rockbitter needs to be spammed to gain any proper Malstrom and Boulderfist is more attractive to me right now.

I like it a lot, but it would feel better if Rockbiter/BF would benefit from Crash Lightning instead of LL. Often I find myself lacking Maelstrom in cleaves situations, even going for the haste talent

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with you OP, but I understand how you feel.

I've been a Prot Paladin for the last decade and Legion Prot Paladin is the worst spec I've ever had the displeasure of playing in any MMO to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well we didn't just lose 2 totems we lost a lot of them. Like I said in my post, the Fire and Earth elemental summons, searing totem, healing totem, earth shield totem, the two you mentioned, the AOE fire totem I forget the name of (was kinda useless and I'm ok with that one being gone), and a lot of other totems before WoD and MoP like the mana regen and the resistance and buff totems. So over time enhancement shamans have become less and less about totems and more about just attacking shit like warriors but with magic. The totems were what made shamans unique from other classes. Now they feel basically the same as death knights or rogues with the way their new gameplay style is now (gaining enough energy to pull off abilities). So in a way Daffan is right.
    Okay, but we as enhancement lost those totems. Our class still has them. It doesnt make sense for an enhancement shaman to have healing stream totem, resto should be the only spec to have that.

Our totems provide enhancements to our allies aka windrush totem, skyfury, counterstrike, windfury, because thats our class fantasy, enhancing ourselves and sometimes our allies.

Resto shamans are about healing allies, so they should be using healing totems aka healing surge totem, healing stream totem, etc.

Elemental is about summoning the elements through their totems aka fire elemental, storm elemental, etc.

See what Im saying. Blizzard said they are trying to differentiate the specs, not just our specs, but every classes. Why are you upset or Daffan for that matter about us losing totems that dont fit our class fantasy? We gained totems that fit our fantasy and lost those that didnt. Not sure about grounding and tremor, no idea where those would fit, but overall what they did with totems is a positive change to help differentiate each spec, and they used totems to due so. Some people may really dislike this and thats okay, I think its a step in the right direction.

It feels good to me, and in my opinion this is the best iteration of enhancement they have accomplished. Mop was amazing too, but this iteration is just really really good.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-21 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Odd time to throw in the towel on the spec. It is in one of the best places it has been for damage and synergy.
    I played enha since classic. and if it is in one of the best places it has been in damage, it's because damage were not really good most of the time.... but I played it anyway because I loved the gameplay and I never really cared not to be at the top of the damage metter. now, that gameplay is lost (there is no other spec even close to the enha gameplay of before that patch, basically every melee spec has a resource to manage now), and I still don't care about the damage output. what's left for me?

If I wanted the gameplay of a warrior or rogue or DK, I would have logged them (I have all of them). Why replacing an unique gameplay by something that we already have with other specs?

I'm disappointed. This toon was the only reason I was still on this game. Now I don't know if I'll buy legion. I have 2 weeks left of gametime and after the disappointment of those changes, I don't even want to log on....

I find the spec great, and fully intend on raiding as enhance. Recently got into beta, and leveled enhance, and got semi decent gear, and really started to feel the power creep, and the pace of the spec pick up quite a bit, and I enjoy it even more. The spec feels great, and is actually fun to play.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Okay, but we as enhancement lost those totems. Our class still has them. It doesnt make sense for an enhancement shaman to have healing stream totem, resto should be the only spec to have that.

Our totems provide enhancements to our allies aka windrush totem, skyfury, counterstrike, windfury, because thats our class fantasy, enhancing ourselves and sometimes our allies.

Resto shamans are about healing allies, so they should be using healing totems aka healing surge totem, healing stream totem, etc.

Elemental is about summoning the elements through their totems aka fire elemental, storm elemental, etc.

See what Im saying. Blizzard said they are trying to differentiate the specs, not just our specs, but every classes. Why are you upset or Daffan for that matter about us losing totems that dont fit our class fantasy? We gained totems that fit our fantasy and lost those that didnt. Not sure about grounding and tremor, no idea where those would fit, but overall what they did with totems is a positive change to help differentiate each spec, and they used totems to due so. Some people may really dislike this and thats okay, I think its a step in the right direction.

It feels good to me, and in my opinion this is the best iteration of enhancement they have accomplished. Mop was amazing too, but this iteration is just really really good.
    Yeah, it makes sense when you put it that way. I mean, like I said, for the most part I'm having fun with them it's just I'm really going to miss being able to summon those elementals and planting my searing totem down to shoot at my enemies, was really fun.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense when you put it that way. I mean, like I said, for the most part I'm having fun with them it's just I'm really going to miss being able to summon those elementals and planting my searing totem down to shoot at my enemies, was really fun.
    I think your one of the rare shamans that actually liked searing totem. It was just a button you push every 1 minute because you had to in order to min max. It wasnt anything fun, it was just another button you push for 2-3% more dps, maybe less. It didnt do anything fun other than sit there. Im glad to see that gone honestly. Obviously thats all up to opinion.

I wouldnt want to go back to any past iterations of enhancement, having too much fun with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Whether or not it's an objectively good change is sort of irrelevant. It is fundamentally a different class now. So the enhance that I liked playing for years is now gone. I might grow to like it after time, but it's still not my old shaman. It feels like I've rerolled (which I'm now going to do, to DH).
    Seems redundant to combat the feeling of rerolling, by rerolling again, and arguably to a spec that plays relatively similar to non-Boulderfist Enhancement at its core.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsei View Post
    Have to agree with you. I really like the new enhancement, so it is no problem for me. But the decision to completely change a specc like that is just stupid.
    But the spec hasn't worked for years. It has fluctuated non stop trying to find a place to rest. Many of those who are disagreeing are people I have seen in the camp of "nerfed again, we're useless, thanks Blizz" elsewhere. You can't take the stance that you hate it when it changes but get angry when it's bad, because given the 6 years of problems with Enhancement tuning it's clear getting it to work was not going to happen. I think an overwhelming majority of the negativity is just coming from those who are allergic to any change no matter what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    But the spec hasn't worked for years. It has fluctuated non stop trying to find a place to rest. Many of those who are disagreeing are people I have seen in the camp of "nerfed again, we're useless, thanks Blizz" elsewhere. You can't take the stance that you hate it when it changes but get angry when it's bad, because given the 6 years of problems with Enhancement tuning it's clear getting it to work was not going to happen. I think an overwhelming majority of the negativity is just coming from those who are allergic to any change no matter what it is.
    I dont agree with the last part. Since vanilla the game had a lot of changes that I loved. I'm ok with changes, just not those changes. For sure tuning for lower numbers all the time for 6 years something that is already week wasn't going to make the community happy with the spec..... I dont understand the need for a complete revamp of the gameplay tho. Get rid of a few useless spells like searing totem, reduce rng mechanix, simplify it if you want, but dont destroy it completely to put things that already exist with other specs. Fuck the ressource bar to fill up and Fuck those builders skills. ....
    Like I said earlier, I already have a rogue, warrior, DK. Enha was unique and now it's lost.

edit: playing enha was a change in itself from others melee specs. Blizz just took the easy way
    -"enha doesn't work.... just use something that work with rogue and DK, change the spell's names (energy/maelstrom, etc...) and call it the new enha"
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2016-07-21 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I think your one of the rare shamans that actually liked searing totem. It was just a button you push every 1 minute because you had to in order to min max. It wasnt anything fun, it was just another button you push for 2-3% more dps, maybe less. It didnt do anything fun other than sit there. Im glad to see that gone honestly. Obviously thats all up to opinion.

I wouldnt want to go back to any past iterations of enhancement, having too much fun with this one.
    Well for me it wasn't so much the DPS it was the idea of having a totem act like a minion sort of like how imps are for warlocks. It doesn't do a whole lot of damage yeah but it was cool having something like a sentry turret help you out and I wish they would've worked on that more to make it better but whatever. It added a little more depth to the class too.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-21 at 06:47 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    edit: playing enha was a change in itself from others melee specs. Blizz just took the easy way
    -"enha doesn't work.... just use something that work with rogue and DK, change the spell's names (energy/maelstrom, etc...) and call it the new enha"
    Blizzard tried to make it work for 3 full expansions over the course of 6 years, how is trying it for that long and realising it wasn't going to work the easy way out? That's an extremely absolutist and in many ways narrow way of describing what actually happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I never said that i hate it. I love it. But still, you imo you should never change a specc this heavily. It is a completely different playstyle now and that is something you should try to avoid in a single iteration.

I played enha since classic. and if it is in one of the best places it has been in damage, it's because damage were not really good most of the time.... but I played it anyway because I loved the gameplay and I never really cared not to be at the top of the damage metter. now, that gameplay is lost (there is no other spec even close to the enha gameplay of before that patch, basically every melee spec has a resource to manage now), and I still don't care about the damage output. what's left for me?

If I wanted the gameplay of a warrior or rogue or DK, I would have logged them (I have all of them). Why replacing an unique gameplay by something that we already have with other specs?

I'm disappointed. This toon was the only reason I was still on this game. Now I don't know if I'll buy legion. I have 2 weeks left of gametime and after the disappointment of those changes, I don't even want to log on....
    Im the same. I made a rash decision of cancelling my preorder, though Im not fully satisfied that was the right decision.. Possibly spitting my dummy out far too soon, however still not happy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Enhancement has been my spec of choice for years, the only spec I truly ever enjoyed for many expansions but this change in Legion is a total kill joy for me.

I am not a fan of the new playstyle having to build energy and then consume the energy.... also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..... I am actually demoralised now that my favourite spec in the game has been taken away from me QQ

How do you guys feel?
    If you liked the old enhancement with Lightning Bolt, Searing Flames etc, there are talents that can emulate that feeling with Overcharge and Hot Hands. That's what the talents are for: customizing your playstyle to suit your needs. Don't listen to anyone who says you should go for talent X or Y because it's mathematically superior. Talents are VERY close to one another, and if they aren't, they'll be fixed so they are. Unless you play at mythic skill levels, you're not going to notice the difference between talent X and Y.

Being able to just blindly smash keys without any sort of planning or cost to them is poor game design. Sure if you have been playing enhance that long I understand not wanting to worry about a cost to abilities, but there should have been one years ago.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Whether or not it's an objectively good change is sort of irrelevant. It is fundamentally a different class now. So the enhance that I liked playing for years is now gone. I might grow to like it after time, but it's still not my old shaman. It feels like I've rerolled (which I'm now going to do, to DH)

Also I don't think it's good in PvP. You have too many globals spent on maintenance buffs and boulderfist, and it's difficult to get enough maelstrom to do what you need to do while also lacking effective means to keep from being kited. Losing ranged snare and grounding totem (why the fuck did they have to remove it?!) sort of ruin enhance PvP for me.
    Agreed completely. I am not an alt person so the only class and spec I have played in this game since I started way back when is Enh Shaman. These changes took all of the flavor and enjoyment I had with the class.

This is honestly the best iteration of Enhance since wrath. Consistent use of abilities and no wasted spell slots for those once in a tier moments.

Blizzard really did a great job here.

Never played it prior to yesterday. It has some mobility issues compared to some other classes, and is thin on the utility side, but certainly hits hard when everything lights up. (well, about 2x as hard as elemental at the same ilvl anyhow).

Fun, but seems like something that would get kind of boring rather quickly.

And yeah, having two separate resources is kind of silly.