Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    no rejuvenation in cat form as feral...it was OP but it will be missed.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW's success was built on solo play. That's why it took off so fast after Everquest did not -- you could easily solo to max level.

Idiotic conformance to a bogus game ideology of "MMOs are group gameplay" would have knifed the WoW baby in the crib.
    Nothing considered "relevant" in WoW is solo in nature, and never has been. And WoW "took off" because it was built off an already incredibly popular IP, where EQ had not been.

Kazzak trinket with leech. Problem solved.

Not that I as a hunter have issues with self-healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they want people to use bandages or food. Think I ate or bandaged in BC or WOTLK the last time in order to recover health.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I could have sworn every class i've played so far has a heal of some kind. they might not be strong but they still exist. Rets still have flash of light, fury warrior has a few, spriest have shadowmend, etc. so where is this self heals are gone?

Yup enhance as flexible soloers is a thing of the past u fortunately.oh well!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And WoW "took off" because it was built off an already incredibly popular IP, where EQ had not been.
    I think you're wrong there. Most of the people I've met playing WoW never played the RTS games.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Fucken Hunters have the most selfhealing nowadays, a class that shouldn't have any at all considering its theme. Their class design team reeks of incompetence.
    Zierhut, Celestalon and Chilton need to be fired before the game can recover, it has never been this bad under Ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I can solo everything in the beta besides a few group world quests. I feel the way maelstrom works is better for healing than it used to be. The legendary weapon makes a huge difference of course. Having your heal increased by upwards of 60% more is pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think you're wrong there. Most of the people I've met playing WoW never played the RTS games.
    Yeah, the five million or so people that bought warcraft3 had no impact on WoW..................

That and anecdotal evidence > facts! /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Artifact weapons will fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Artifact weapons will fix it.
    Beta will fix it.
    PTR will fix it.
    Pre-patch will fix it.
    Release will fix it.
    Artifacts will fix it.
    8.0 will fix it.
    9.0 will fix it.
    The end of WoW will fix it.

It will never be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Huh? On the beta Ive had no problem soloing anything. World quests, old raids, etc. Some group world quests I have trouble with, but Im pretty sure only tanks can maybe solo those, not sure.

Other than a few world quests that required a group, Ive never had trouble soloing anything on beta as enh.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, the five million or so people that bought warcraft3 had no impact on WoW..................

That and anecdotal evidence > facts! /s
    It's odd that you think what you just wrote there in any way contradicts what I was saying.

WoW was the phenomenon it was because it expanded well beyond the RTS base.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The idea is that Blizzard wants people grouping up to do content. This is going to be a tough pill to swallow for people, as this game has been promoting a solo playstyle outside of instanced content for many expansions now. Reducing self healing / utility is a great and easy way to ensure reliance on others.
    Yeah, dat forced socialization thing. Bad news for me. Eating food and bandaging after every mob - were the exact things, I hated to much back in Vanilla, while playing Warrior. And this is exact reason, why I loved Shaman and Druid so much. Bye bye solo outdoor content... I guess, Blizzard lost all chances to even have me, playing WOD content, i.e. still paying sub fee, not even talking about buying Legion. I said, that outdoor content is unbearable for me without flying, but Blizzard have made situation even worse. Now I don't even know...

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    its funny how they take away self healing from every other class, but finally give mages a self heal...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its funny how they take away self healing from every other class, but finally give mages a self heal...
    Mage has zero selfheals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    By Heal i meant spell hence the word heal and not mentioning a way to regen health Yes there is food but that takes time, gold, bag space etc. The point i was trying to get across was that they gutted every ones in combat healing but did nothing to shift what they took away and put it into OOC.
    Oh... WAAH. Time? So it takes a few seconds. That's GOOD for the RP side of the game. Getting back 80% of your HP should take a bit of time (and if it were realistic would take far longer than 30 seconds). Gold? Don't make me laugh - non-buff food a) drops from questing NPCs and b) is dirt cheap from vendors. Bag space? Again, fine. It only takes a slot or two for plenty of food and again, this is good for the RP aspect as, yes, you'd really carry food and it would really take space if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bag space? Again, fine.
    Bag space is so not going to be a problem in Legion, what with no more PvP gear and bank space freed up due to the new transmog system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bag space has never been a real problem except for the collectors in the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They should of given every class a heal that is only usable OOC to make up for all these self healing nerfs.
    Thats called food.