Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    why are you crying about spells? next expansion they'll reintroduce them as "new content"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Man, I am glad I used Water Walking and Path of Frost in PvP. Same with Water Breathing, oh and Far Sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    I personnally like the class changes, but that argument is wrong since you'd always use almost all of your abilities in a PvP situation
    Also, the fact that you didn't have to use these abilities is precisely why none of these abilities got removed from the game, there's no need to prune something that you don't have to use.
    I'm pretty sure you perfectly understood I was talking about combat abilities anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Oh yeah, bring back that deep Vanilla customization and gameplay where most of the CLASSES had only one viable talent build (=only one viable spec) and most of the rotations consisted of 1 or 2 spells. Those spells don't help much in the spellbook if they're not worth using.
    Yes but you could downrank them! Sure you might only have 1 spell in your rotation but you had the thrill of having that same spell at various ranks all over your bars! Shadowbolt rank 4 was easily my least favourite spell but Shadowbolt rank 7!? Now that's what I call a Shadowbolt! Then you had Shadowbolt rank 1 which was a classic, no action bar was complete without Shadowbolt rank 1, the Shadowbolt equivalent of the little black dress perfect for nearly every occasion.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about most of you but I actually used most of my abilities. I feel very broken as a Protection Paladin having only 5 damaging attacks. It's not very fun to cast Blessed Hammer every other ability.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Hunters and druids lost a lot of stuff.

As a druid healer you no longer have all the cool cat stuns/bleeds, or the default defensive abilities of the bear.
    Isn't that what the affinity talent row is for? So you can have that taste of the other specs sprinkled in your main.

Too bad Prot Warriors saw no prune or such a small one that it didn't even matter.

i didn't have more spells at level 60, ele shaman? shit mobs we're immune to fire/frost/nature, and the spec was worthless for raids.

yeh bring back vanilla so i can play rngesus enhance 1shot, or heal pure dps classes. (plz no)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion would like to speak with you: [http://www.wowhead.com/talent-pvp/wa...estruction/IAE[/B]

Sidenote I miss CoE/CoT for lock actually you really needed Enfeeblement and Tongues back in the day. Also miss Fel Flame that they thought we didn't need. Or Shadowflame, Fel/Demon Armor, Nether Ward and Shadowfury (I mean it still exists but let's be honest.. SF died in WoD) but it's okay cuz we still have Unending Breathe!!

remember when you had 4 or more ranks of every spell? yeah that was fun

Deleted
    Every specc is wotlk arcane mage specc now!

OP wait until you try havoc demon hunters.

I am fine with the pruning, but they did go a little hard on a few classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only abilities I miss are class "flavor" abilities, but luckily those have stayed for the most part. At this point though, you barely need extra action bars or to even use an action bar addon. You can almost do you everything with 1 through =. It's insane.

My UH DK has 19 less binds for PVP. It feels weird.

Sorry to say but some classes got pruned way too much.

Yes, some spells were highly situational, but that doesn't mean they weren't useful or fun to use those times.

Also, i've been checking most specs, and i find it worrying that so many classes got completely gutted of their iconic playstyle\abilities for the sake of pruning. Some did improve though.

Demonology Warlock and Beastmaster Hunter for example are completely basic and mindless right now. Hell, my action bars with demo lock look like a fucking ghost town, everything is missing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Here's the thing though- if you feel like you've lost a lot of tools you used in PvP, so has everyone else. It's not like your class is the only one that is going to play differently now: you'll need to adjust to the new playstyle, and the smaller number of answers you have, but don't lose sight of the fact that other classes have a lot fewer abilities that you need answers to.
    I actually disagree, especially healers (I play mw monk & Rsham) suffer a lot more without the honor talents than dps, since a lot of the healers CC, disengage and movement is tied up in the honor tree whereas the ability of melees to get close into range with you (deathgrip, charge, rogue shadowstep thingy) are all baked into their natural kit. This makes it extremely hard for a healer to get away from a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Good, keep pruning.
    3 buttons and a long cooldown. i really want to raid on a moba

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    I actually disagree, especially healers (I play mw monk & Rsham) suffer a lot more without the honor talents than dps, since a lot of the healers CC, disengage and movement is tied up in the honor tree whereas the ability of melees to get close into range with you (deathgrip, charge, rogue shadowstep thingy) are all baked into their natural kit. This makes it extremely hard for a healer to get away from a melee.
    This is some bias because you play a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel like rotations should be kept to a minimum. The average DPS spec should have three abilities that it rotates through, and then, say, a class specific one - like a DoT, say, Rip or w/e that druid one is (I haven't played Druid since Cata...). There should be an execution style ability, so ALL classes can burn hard near the end of the fight, and then 2-3 CDs that do various things depending on the class and spec.

The only reason people want complicated rotations is to make themselves stand out and feel good about themselves when they git gud. But that leaves the vast majority of us only playing at half-par or less. If everyone could master their class fairly easily, there would be a lot less complaining about 'bads'. Or, make the complaining more legit - if you can't bother to hit three-5 fucking buttons, you really don't need to be playing.

Many current abilities could be rolled into our primary abilities. Rogues and Druids don't need that many freaking finishing moves. Put the Damage, DoT, and/or Heals finishers together. Of course the one(s) that stun can be left as-is, that's a useful CC ability. Speaking of rogues especially, I think 'combo' points should literally involve a combo - Instead of just spamming one or two buttons to get the points you need, use Ability A, then B, then C, then boom, big finisher. You could even get say a bonus to damage if you use them in the right order. Sure, you could spam 1-2 to get your points, but the damage bonus of hitting A-D or w/e would be worth the effort.

This may also have another beneficial side-effect - no need for rotation bots anymore. Half your guild banned/suspended because they use SoapBox? Not anymore! Again if they can't hit 5 buttons to max their DPS, they aren't worth keeping around anyway.

Of course things can be kept moderately difficult with procs and such. Not trying to take ALL the fun out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I will never understand the "b-but you rarely if ever use them, because i dont!" argument but damn if it doesnt show how dead the 'rpg' aspect of WoW has become for many.

If elder scrolls 6 came out with only 5 spells because "those were the ones everyone used" where do you cross the line from rpg where you can choose to do certain things and just another game with levels -which nowadays includes things like call of duty- where everyone plays exactly the same?

Maybe i just prefer choice over optimised homogenisation But a good rpg lets you have skills to just use if you want and not just moba level "heres 5 skills you use only at these junctures" which just seems like a souless exercise in going through the motions with no self expression involved.

Back in't my day mages had a open lock spell and we liked it!

/oldman
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-07-26 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Man, I am glad I used Water Walking and Path of Frost in PvP. Same with Water Breathing, oh and Far Sight.
    Was under the impression that water breathing was cast to add an extra target for dispels back when it was categorized as a magic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Too bad Prot Warriors saw no prune or such a small one that it didn't even matter.
    The bulk of the prot warrior pruning came in WoD.

Play Rogue then. Rogue still has an ass ton of abilities.