So other than whisper what is the mount for collecting all the weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    -and god knows when people realised the yuki-onna youkai is just a tiny animu girl in a kimono the weeb audience went nuts for it.
    Can anyone translate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    The DRK sword looks amazeballs.
    Um... you mean this one?

Looks more like a toy than a weapon of war to me.

Total number of medallions, taken from reddit:

Minions
    1. 1
    2. 3
    3. 3
    4. 3
    5. 5
    6. 5
    7. 5
    8. 7
    9. 7
    10. 7
    11. 9
    12. 9
    13. 9
    Total 73

Weapons
    1. 7
    2. 9
    3. 11
    4. 15
    5. 15
    6. 15
    7. 15
    8. 15
    9. 15
    10. 15
    11. 30
    12. 30
    13. 30
    Total 222

222 may seem like a huge amount taken all at once, but we have 69 days to do the whole thing, and that averages out to something like 3.2 per day minimum to get everything in time. Just do it on a weapon by weapon basis and aside from the last 3, it should be fairly easy to do, barring horribly bad RNG luck.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2016-07-27 at 01:59 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

So I head out for my normal routine as of late, where I'm working on repping up the old ARR tribes. Currently on Sahagin. I get one of the quests that requires you to kill a mob from a FATE for the item to turn in. Having had these for the Amal'jaa, I groaned, expecting it to take 20-30 minutes for the FATE to spawn. So I start working on the other quests nearby, and it spawns...hooray! Start bashing away on the mob when unexpectedly the calvary arrives...by that I mean at least 2-3 dozen other people. Initially I was like "dafuq are all these people doing this for"...then the light bulb went off: "Must be for the Yokai Watch thing".

I'm 3 regular tokens away from the last minion, and 4/11 for weapon #3. Think I'll stop there, unless my RL friend and I are on TS/Skype/etc. talking shit in order to stay awake running the amount of FATEs needed to finish those things off. I did gain about half a level's worth of XP on WHM in the process yesterday, so not a total time waste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did the event for like 3 hours last night got 3 weapons and all the minions (got the gun bow and smn book because they all come from the same area)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Can anyone translate?
    "Once people realized the Yuki-onna minion is a girl is a tiny anime girl, the die-hard anime fans went nuts for it."

Um... you mean this one?

Looks more like a toy than a weapon of war to me.
    How does that look like a toy? It's literally a large blade and looks exactly like a large blade. It looks more like a standard sword than, say, the Expanse Greatsword.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So other than whisper what is the mount for collecting all the weapons?
    Its the same mount, but with a few more bells and whistles on it.

Meh not worth farming all the weapons for then imo. Especially when I have no interest in some of the classes.

I got all the youkai and the 4th weapon, getting two weapons a day seems like a good rate for it-but i did just get my 240 relic so im used to soulless grinds.

One tip is for any in outer la noscea go to the very top of the mines. There are two fates, one called 'full metal alchemist' and one i forget in the room next to it that spawn immediately after the other one so its full of players just running back and forth farming them. Got 15 in around 25 minutes there. Shame it only applies to 3 or 4 of the weapons but thats still going to save a lot of time for almost a quarter of the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    FARMING THIS!

Any idea if we have to have the youkai watch on in order to get legendary medals or just the pet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    FARMING THIS!

Any idea if we have to have the youkai watch on in order to get legendary medals or just the pet?
    Yes both watch and minion are required for the legendary medals.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    "Once people realized the Yuki-onna minion is a girl is a tiny anime girl, the die-hard anime fans went nuts for it."
    Tiny girl? Where? what? Me want!

*ducks and runs for cover*
    It looks more like a standard sword than, say, the Expanse Greatsword.
    I think it's the different texture style, compared to the armor.
    To me, it looks like it's made of plastic.
    Would need to see it ingame for final judgment though, screenshots can be misleading.

All of the weapons look akin to Fischer-Price toys. Pretty sure it's intentional from an art design perspective.

The DRG, DRK and BLM weapons are pretty spiffy. I'm meh about the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    FARMING THIS!

Need the watch for the regular tokens; need the correct pet/minion out for legendary tokens. May only need the watch for regulars, but I kept it on just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's the...BLM one? The one for the BLM weapon, Blizzaria or whatever. One of the minions is a girl with long black hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess he was talking about this one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I think it's the...BLM one? The one for the BLM weapon, Blizzaria or whatever. One of the minions is a girl with long black hair.
    Correct, Blizzaria.

You only need the proper minion out to get the legendary medals, I tried it a bit this morning.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

I think it's the different texture style, compared to the armor.
    To me, it looks like it's made of plastic.
    Would need to see it ingame for final judgment though, screenshots can be misleading.
    Fun side fact:
    I've thought the Garleans armor looks entirely like it's made of rubber and plastic for a long while now. It looks like molded cosplay armor rather than any sort of metal.

I thought the same of some of our armor until metallic dyes came along.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess he was talking about this one?

And yep, that's the one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    All of the weapons look akin to Fischer-Price toys. Pretty sure it's intentional from an art design perspective.

The DRG, DRK and BLM weapons are pretty spiffy. I'm meh about the rest.
    You seem to have forgotten to mention the PLD sword, which looks pretty awesome. The shield is meh.

I particularly dig it with the Samurai-esque FFXI armor set.

Not really a fan of the PLD weapon/shield from the promotion. Currently have BLM, DRK, and WHM weapons. May go for the DRG one next, but right now I'm going to back off of this thing for a day or two, because grinding out FATEs in Western LN for the past two days has me bored out of my mind with this event.

Even if it's slower for legendary token acquisition, I need to be running these FATEs on my 30-35 jobs (MNK, NIN, MCH) so I can actually get some semblance of accomplishment from this promotion.

The shield is bleh, but that sword reminds me of the Meteor Sword from Last Airbender.

I've gotten about 3 levels on baby Arcanist. About to hit 15 so I can unlock WHM. I've gotten enough tokens for 3 minions while doing so and I've only been doing them while DPS queued for roulettes.

Something I tend to find amusing with this game: Design contests such as this. I recall they did the same thing for hairstyles a few months ago. Even if the actual submissions aren't my cup of tea, it's the fact they have such things that I find neat. Blizzard did this a couple of years ago for D3 (design an item/power), and the winner was the very neat Convention of Elements ring.

As for the actual entries in this contest? Hard for me to pick one. Stuff either resembles something already in game, is a bit too comical, has a trenchcoat/buttcape, or resembles Super Shredder (with the last two being subsets of the first nitpick I mentioned). Ironic, considering I'm using the lore tank set, which is both parts buttcape and something akin to Super Shredder.