Indeed, and there is nothing as magnificent as a magikarp at the top!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Also something weird with pokevision, if i use the PC version it shows basically no pokemon anywhere, even in the busiest spots in London, its only showing 2-3 pokemon max, but the mobile version shows a lot more, if i do the pc and mobile version in the same place at the same time, the mobile map shows 20x more pokemon :z so ive been using the pc version thinking my area was void of pokemon, but maybe its not!
    in case anyone else had the same issue, i found a reddit post about this

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoa...y_pc_is_there/

basically my pc somehow had the wrong time set, was only about 1min off, but it made it so the pokevision map wouldnt work

Deleted
    Have this guy in my neighbourhood that has 2200 arcanine, dragonite, blastoise, venosaur, etc.
    All those fuckers never spawn in our neighbourhood scouting pokevision.

Did he hack the game somehow or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Level 40 gives nothing, as people have mentioned. Perhaps it will be easier to capture high CP pokemon, but not much else than that + bragging rights.

What I hope they fix is more pokespawns in less populated areas. Had a walk today in my area, and it felt so dull after I had a cyber walk in Barcelona yesterday..
    Only somewhat true. Wild pokemon cap out at level 30. But you can only power up pokemon to your trainer level (maybe +1?). So leveling up past 30 increases the level cap of your pokemon.

Deleted
    fuck sake...

so im at my mums, and i see a golduck outside, pretty rare for around here, usually just see rats and magikarps, so i tell my mum theres one outside and we go to catch it (she loves playing this game), first off my phone barely works outside, cant pickup internet so struggling to even run the game, she catches it and gets a 421 golduck right away, my phone eventualkly pulls through and lets me get it, and i get a cp 91 golduck

rarest pokemon ive ever seen spawn around here and i get it at cp 91

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Have this guy in my neighbourhood that has 2200 arcanine, dragonite, blastoise, venosaur, etc.

Probably. He probably spoofed his GPS into NYC.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Probably. He probably spoofed his GPS into NYC.
    Yeah, he also takes over 5 gyms at the same time or something. Yesterday my gym got taken over and i saw no-one close while its in the middle of nowhere in a park. Niantic better get their bans on.

Yeah, he also takes over 5 gyms at the same time or something. Yesterday my gym got taken over and i saw no-one close while its in the middle of nowhere in a park. Niantic better get their bans on.
    Yes and no.
    Imagine if you live in a place without any gyms or stops. You basically don't get to play.

Spoofing is certainly being abused by some people, but you can't expect everyone to go on a road trip anytime they want to play pokemon go.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Take a trip to twitch and see everyone just sitting there relaxing in their houses catching pokemon. People are of course abusing it, but then again - it doesn't really hurt anyone, sure it sucks if someone with high CP pokemon come and take your gym, but they could have done that by driving to your place as well.
    I tried that gps spoofing, jumped down to Barcelona and tried it out on my main account (as I didn't get banned on my alt account, I though - why not?), and I live 30 minutes drive outside Bergen, Norway. So after messing about for some time down in Barcelona, a friend messaged me about going out to catch some in Bergen, so I grabbed my phone and went with him and started up the app.
    Not long after I wasn't able to catch pokemon (they ran after the first ball), swipe Pokestops or fight in Gyms, and that is something called soft ban I've read. Took a couple of hours before I could do anything.

Not 100% sure how the system works, but if for sure didn't take long before I got captured when jumping huuuge distances. So as long as people play it smart with GPS spoofing it should be ok, as in don't go further than you can reach with a care in a reasonble time, as I've been farming pokemon down in Bergen on my computer today, and haven't been cought again.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yes and no.
    Imagine if you live in a place without any gyms or stops. You basically don't get to play.

Spoofing is certainly being abused by some people, but you can't expect everyone to go on a road trip anytime they want to play pokemon go.
    They have no business spoofing and trying to compete by taking gyms without even being there. This isn't somebody who just wants to be able to play the game, this is somebody who wants to get things no one in one given area should have and use it to claim gyms. That's no more defensible than somebody using aim hacks in an FPS.

- - - Updated - - -

sure it sucks if someone with high CP pokemon come and take your gym, but they could have done that by driving to your place as well.
    Then they should go down there like everybody else has to. The main mitigating factor in deciding whether or not I should claim a gym is if I feel like heading down there to do so. And that's by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    They have no business spoofing and trying to compete by taking gyms without even being there. This isn't somebody who just wants to be able to play the game, this is somebody who wants to get things no one in one given area should have and use it to claim gyms. That's no more defensible than somebody using aim hacks in an FPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Then they should go down there like everybody else has to. The main mitigating factor in deciding whether or not I should claim a gym is if I feel like heading down there to do so. And that's by design.
    How on earth is it even compareble to aim bot in FPS games?

Deleted
    Yes and no.

Actually i can. I've walked and cycled over 150km. We have plenty of stuff around in our town. I would be fine with it if it wasnt for the fact that gyms yield currency you have to pay for otherwise. Its like someone hacks the steam shop and goes "yeah, it doesnt hurt anyone".

- - - Updated - - -

You become unbeatable without any effort.
    The only difference is aimbot isnt used in competative play.
    Imagine E3 tournaments with aimbot teams going for the money.

The game extends beyond your little neighbourhood..

While it is possible that hes spoofing his GPS, he could have just traveled alot. I actually drove 7 hours and spent 3 days in Houston collecting and camping Pokemon. Im at 142 collected now. My daughter caught the last one (Aerodactyl).

I saw were you said hes claiming gyms where no one is around, so yes he probably is spoofing. Not all folks that have the big pokemon are cheating though.

Edit: Im the only person in my town with even a single Dragonite (I have 5), a Charizard, Arcanine (x2), Cloyster (Shellder do not spawn here), and a Raichu

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    He was just saying that not everyone who is spoofing is abusing it by going into big cities in order to farm rare Pokémon’s or to camp multiple gyms at once. Some are just using it to be able to at least have access to a silly pokestop, since Niantic completely forsaken small towns and rural zones, believe it or not some people have no way to collect pokeballs or even to find the most basic kind of pokemon.
    I dont hate on anyone that spoofs. My town has a good selection of Pokemon, but we are a "small" town. 100k (150k combined with the Military Base). Yet we are missing a ton of pokemon or there are some that are so rare that its essentially impossible to evolve them.

Ive gone to OKC (70 miles) with friends, Dallas (200 miles) with friends and daughter, and Houston (425 miles) to get pokemon. I joined social media pages to find the best spots and used both pokevision and the reddit map visualization page to do scan and find the best places to go for specific pokemon
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-07-28 at 05:56 PM.

I feel you, I'm from a town with 8k population.
    We only have one pokestop in one of the town exit's, next to a whore house =/

Therefore every now and then I managed to find someone who can give me a lift to a nearby city, usually my brother, into a nearby city in order to collect pokeballs and catch some pokemanz.
    You can get your balls taken care of while you get your balls taken care of.. Win/Win!

We have 31 pokestops, 40 gyms, and 111/142 pokemon. Some of those 111 only spawn a few times a day in varied locations, making it improbably to ever actually upgrade them (unless your GPS spoofing). Some flat out do not spawn. I dropped a Dragonite and people freaked out.

I traveled with people to big cities hours away just to get pokemon. Rats/Pidgeys/Eevees/Magikarp take up SOOOO much of our spawns. Great for leveling, bad for collecting.

I see you're looking for justification to cheat in a competitive game so you refute a valid analogy. Let's try something more direct:

What game involves the capturing of points from the other team in an attempt to hold them as long as possible? Maybe you've heard of this game called World of Warcraft. Just a hunch. So, by your logic, if I use a hack to teleport to points in a BG, it's okay because the only difference is I didn't have to walk there? They shouldn't be banned for that, right?

Get real, cheater.

- - - Updated - - -

wtf, did you even read what he wrote? O.o;

He was just saying that not everyone who is spoofing is abusing it by going into big cities in order to farm rare Pokémon’s or to camp multiple gyms at once. Some are just using it to be able to at least have access to a silly pokestop, since Niantic completely forsaken small towns and rural zones, believe it or not some people have no way to collect pokeballs or even to find the most basic kind of pokemon.
    Yes, and the discussion started with a complaint that someone was spoofing to every gym in the area instantly. There is no "yes and no" for that. It's just no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    We have 31 pokestops, 40 gyms
    Whaaat, that gym/stop ratio cannot be normal. I live in a rural, but touristy town, with some smaller neighboring towns. We have 4 gyms here, and about 5 times as many Pokéstops. Far, far more. The neighboring towns have a similar ratio, about 5 to 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whaaat, that gym/stop ratio cannot be normal. I live in a rural, but touristy town, with some smaller neighboring towns. We have 4 gyms here, and about 5 times as many Pokéstops. Far, far more. The neighboring towns have a similar ratio, about 5 to 1.
    Yeah, our downtown has about twelve stops and three or four gyms.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont hate on anyone that spoofs. My town has a good selection of Pokemon, but we are a "small" town. 100k (150k combined with the Military Base). Yet we are missing a ton of pokemon or there are some that are so rare that its essentially impossible to evolve them.

Ive gone to OKC (70 miles) with friends, Dallas (200 miles) with friends and daughter, and Houston (425 miles) to get pokemon. I joined social media pages to find the best spots and used both pokevision and the reddit map visualization page to do scan and find the best places to go for specific pokemon

I don't think you know what a small town is.

That isn't a "small" town I live in a city with 2000 people.

Deleted
    I dont hate on anyone that spoofs. My town has a good selection of Pokemon, but we are a "small" town. 100k (150k combined with the Military Base).
    Always find it fun when people say they live in a 'small' town and then list the populace in the thousands.

I live in a village with barely 70 people lol.

Pokemen variety; about 6, including a Snorlax, surprisingly. Though I haven't caught it yet.

Haven't spoofed yet, it's tempting though.

Correction, 7, I just caught a Seel wandering around my home!
    Last edited by mmocad868b809d; 2016-07-28 at 09:01 PM.

I see you're looking for justification to cheat in a competitive game so you refute a valid analogy. Let's try something more direct:

What game involves the capturing of points from the other team in an attempt to hold them as long as possible? Maybe you've heard of this game called World of Warcraft. Just a hunch. So, by your logic, if I use a hack to teleport to points in a BG, it's okay because the only difference is I didn't have to walk there? They shouldn't be banned for that, right?

Get real, cheater.
    Geez, did you have salt in your cereal instead of sugar this morning?

GPS Spoofing in a game based on traveling around and capturing pokemon with as good as no PvP compared to competative FPS or PvP in MMOs is just dumb. Sure cheating is cheating, and people are getting soft bans in Pokemon Go for GPS spoofing.
    And yes, people who are cheating should be punished, never said anything else. All I've said is that this game, Pokemon GO, is hopeless to play if you don't live in a huge city. I got one Gym and Two pokestops within walking distance. And need to drive 30 minutes to the next Pokestop, which is in Bergen, a city in Norway. Does that justify cheating? No, but I do it, to be able to play this amazingly fun game. Or, I've cheated a couple of times, because the weather in Bergen is shit, and I don't feel like driving for 30 minutes to walk around in rain all day. Though I have done so a bunch of times, mostly if I get someone else with me.

But again, comparing GPS spoofing to aim bot and teleportation in a MMO is just dumb. Mostly because the "PvP" aspect of Pokemon GO is so dumb, you are pretty much 6v1 (As in you have 6 pokemon at your hand, while you battle one of theirs), so it is impossible to lose as the attacker, as long as your CP isn't too far from the defenders.

Anyways, keep the salt running boi. And yes I proudly cheat in this game, as long as Niantic doesn't fix the problem with living outside cities.

*Edit*
    Need to add, that gps spoofing is hella boring, and sucks out all fun of the game compared to actually wander around and finding pokemon with your friends.

Yes and no.

Then play the real pokemon game if you live in bumfuck nowhere. They still need to ban people cheating.