Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    as a british person i dnt like obama, no its not cos hes black which some of you might be thinking, its cos during the EU referrendum he told the british people how to vote and everything and 99% of british people would have told him to fuck off, he's the most anti british president america has ever had and im glad hes going in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It only needed a handful of RINOs to pass it in addition to all of the democrats. Its was also Sponsored by a Democrat
    *eats popcorn while watching Orlong do spine breaking backflips to try and make reality warp into his distorted political viewpoints. "Ooooh, he pulled out the Rino card! Amazing!"

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Damn, what's wrong with oriental? O_o

USA is a really awkward place.
    Oriental is a soup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What I want to know is why the OP thinks hundreds or thousands of people and billions must be spent. Master copies of all gov't documentation is stored electronically, and can be changed at the touch of a few buttons, after the terms are searched for via computer very quickly.

Hyperbole much?
    Not at all. Even looking at just the IRS, they print 10s of millions of tax booklets that will all need to be reprinted. The US Government will probably spend billions just on ink/toner, and paper to reprint documents with the new terms across all bureaus. Then they also need to spend money for maintenance and labor

Nope. Indian was banned too. Redskin was never used as far as I can tell as it isnt an official descriptor but rather a slang term, Its funny though that "White" wasnt banned in favor of the PC term Caucasian. White is simply a color like Negro
    Ok, cool. I approve this pointless move by Barracko. And yeah, should remove white from the equation as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure, if Obama sneezes, Orlong will find an evil intent in that as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    as a british person i dnt like obama, no its not cos hes black which some of you might be thinking, its cos during the EU referrendum he told the british people how to vote and everything and 99% of british people would have told him to fuck off, he's the most anti british president america has ever had and im glad hes going in a few months
    Nobody jumped to conclusions that you dislike him because he is black, you are completely within your rights to dislike him for his policies. Now if you chant some racist bullshit that is another story, but you didn't so you don't need to pre-emptively defend yourself.

It passed unanimously in both the House and Senate. The last time I checked on the definition of that word... that means Republicans also supported it. The OP once again looks like a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Calling black people Negros and east-asian people Oriental is akin to calling white people Honky. People hate being called oriental, they hate being called negro.

Do you like being called honky, Orlong? Would you like if all legal references to white people were as honky?
    First of all, no, it wouldnt bother me. Its just a word and words dont hurt, nor am I weak minded/have a thin skin. Secondly Honky was never an official designation by the government for Caucasian people. Also Im not saying that the words Negro or Oriental are words that we should encourage people to use, Im just saying people should just accept that they were used in a time when it WAS appropriate, and to simply wait until the time comes that the government forms are rewritten for some reason and at that time, use more modern words in place of them, rather than scour every current government document just to remove and replace them at the cost of a lot of time, labor, and money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Nobody jumped to conclusions that you dislike him because he is black, you are completely within your rights to dislike him for his policies. Now if you chant some racist bullshit that is another story, but you didn't so you don't need to pre-emptively defend yourself.
    you never know with thisforum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Obama's sneeze causes a wider fallout cloud than the Chernobyl meltdown.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well people did say 'Bless you' because they believed sneezing causes the soul to escape the body through the nose and it would stop the devil from claiming that freed soul.... I wouldn't be surprised if Orlong made this leap of 'logic'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    you never know with thisforum
    Thats when you respond, "I never said anything about him being black, I said I didn't like his policies." and hook them in their own knee jerk reaction.

I didnt know Aluet was bad.

Here we go again. In a move sure to bring more voters to Donald Trump who are sick and tired of political correctness being shoved down our throats, President Obama signs a law requiring all references to Oriental and Negro to be removed from all government documentation, bowing to political correctness once again. Yes, the terms could be considered outdated, but instead of spending 10s of thousands of man hours scouring federal documents and probably billions of dollars paying people to find and correct the terms, couldnt we just wait until new documents are created phasing the terms out naturally, just like they did in every day life?

I could understand if they had "Nigger" and "Chink" as check boxes on a form, but Negro (describing the color black) and Oriental (describing a location, the Orient) arent names, they are descriptions which are even still used in many countries. In addition the law also removes Eskimo, Indian, Aleut, and Spanish-Speaking. Just ridiculous!!!

Doesnt Obama have anything better to spend his time on? Like maybe removing ISIS from the planet?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presi...ry?id=39267499
    In the US, when both Houses of Congress pass a bill (and please note that there were NO opposing votes), the President has three choices. He can sign it, or he can refuse to sign it (called a "pocket veto"), or he can outright veto it. If Congress then overrides his veto (and since this was passed unanimously--a veto override would be totally expected) it still becomes law.

Also note that he had nothing to do with creating the bill/legislation. It passed BOTH REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED houses of Congress with zero "no" votes. So why in the hell are people wagging their tongues and shaking their fingers about "political correctness" when this was about as resounding an endorsement as any bill in Congress can get.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...bill/4238/text

CONGRESS makes the laws--including this one. So if you want to decry "political correctness", then start by lambasting the MAJORITY party that controls both those houses of Congress and stop trying to blame any fucking thing you don't like on the President.

Legitimate criticism of the US political system is fine. Scapegoating the Executive branch because you don't like who's sitting there is bullshit.
    Last edited by Morrigenn; 2016-07-29 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added link to legislation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We do not have freedom of speech. What we have is a limited speech in some circumstances and only unlimited when done in a situation which allows it. And in some cases it is not even actual speech. :P
    I know of a small hand full of things said that are literally against the law, such as death threats. But so long as I cannot be jailed for things beyond that, I feel we have as close to freedom of speech as we can get.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Not at all. Even looking at just the IRS, they print 10s of millions of tax booklets that will all need to be reprinted. The US Government will probably spend billions just on ink/toner, and paper to reprint documents with the new terms across all bureaus. Then they also need to spend money for maintenance and labor
    Show us this tax booklet with the incorrect terms. Pretty sure they do not say Oriental or Negro. The only places you will see this language is old, seldom-used documents. Again, hyperbole much?
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2016-07-29 at 01:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So upon reading the full story (not provided by the OP) back from May, I read it and saw the actual changes.....

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...-federal-laws/

and the actual bill itself

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...bill/4238/text

The language was changed literally in 2 Acts. So those who are shedding tears are crying because Obama probably has to sign his name twice due to a measure that was passed UNANIMOUSLY with 380 votes.

All those Anti-PC tears for nothing.....
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-07-29 at 01:19 PM.

First of all, no, it wouldnt bother me. Its just a word and words dont hurt, nor am I weak minded/have a thin skin. Secondly Honky was never an official designation by the government for Caucasian people. Also Im not saying that the words Negro or Oriental are words that we should encourage people to use, Im just saying people should just accept that they were used in a time when it WAS appropriate, and to simply wait until the time comes that the government forms are rewritten for some reason and at that time, use more modern words in place of them, rather than scour every current government document just to remove and replace them at the cost of a lot of time, labor, and money.
    I'm certain that wasting a lot of time, labor, and money isn't something that Trump would do though, right? Surely we need a wall to keep out all the rapists, murderers, and drug peddlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Obama is also not even black. Hes mixed race

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It passed unanimously in both the House and Senate. The last time I checked on the definition of that word... that means Republicans also supported it. The OP once again looks like a fool.
    They all love to spend our money unnecessarily

This is not an Executive Order so the House and Senate had to pass it to get to the White House. Learn how the Government works.

Edit: If you are unhappy contact your Senate and House reps.