Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

A free week of WoW?

I will personally not invest in Blizzard at this point. I do not feel like it due to having been disappointed over and over since the Launch of the Cataclysm.

I wont buy Legion, and i will not subscribe.

I was thinking that i would love to try it, without investing, so i guess a free week would be awesome for me.
    And i bet if blizzard gave away a free week, it would signal that they were confident that they have a good product and at the same time apologized for their, in my eyes, shitty choices.

What do you think?

No one cares whether you'll play Legion or not. If you don't like WoW, don't subscribe, no biggie.

Quite the opposite. If they gave away a free week it would signal that they need to lure people in.

They are confident enough in their product not to do such a thing.

You seem to only want a week for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Legion being free, or at least severely discounted for anyone who bought WoD would be reasonable. Having paid 50$ for what amounted to barely half of an expansion just feels shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    They make more money by keeping people like you from playing the game. It builds up hype. Just like that episode of south park cartmanland

If you contact a GM they give away stuff like these, as long as your account is in good standing and you were never ban or been reported ever. I got free name changes, 7 free character transfers total, some gametime just asking a GM. And every time they will say something like, "the reason wer are able to give this to you is because you have been an outstanding player blah blah, we want more players like you, you have been a long time subscriber, blah blah, and this is a one time thing." yet ill ask again and get granted another wish for free after maybe 3 months? LOL

You want 10 days to do what anyway? Theres still not much to do nowadays, and if you want to just try new class mechanics and stuff, theres always PTR which is free for everyone even if your not subscribed, you can make level 100 premades and your still playing full WoW experience, its just that any progress u did there gets deleted every once in awhile. But its good if u wanna "try"? i guess?
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-07-30 at 08:50 AM.

Uhm they don't have to apologize for shit and they certainly don't owe you any game time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm they don't have to apologize for shit and they certainly don't owe you any game time.
    Agree.
    Also, just because you think it is crap, it dosnt mean other people can't enjoy the game and think it is great.
    Personal opinions... Don't try to claim it is true for others than you.

OP: We don't care.

I am pretty sure if you hate the game for now, one free week will not change anything.

You are always welcome to come back on your own initiative of course. But do as you please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    I will personally not invest in Blizzard at this point. I do not feel like it due to having been disappointed over and over since the Launch of the Cataclysm.

I was thinking that i would love to try it, without investing, so i guess a free week would be awesome for me.
    And i bet if blizzard gave away a free week, it would signal that they were confident that they have a good product and at the same time apologized for their, in my eyes, shitty choices.

What do you think?

You don't want to invest in Blizzard but you want a free week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Agree.
    Also, just because you think it is crap, it dosnt mean other people can't enjoy the game and think it is great.
    Personal opinions... Don't try to claim it is true for others than you.
    Exactly. I think WoD was a steamping pile of shit that made me quit halfway through? Do I think I am owed game time just because I hated it? Nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    If you contact a GM they give away stuff like these, as long as your account is in good standing and you were never ban or been reported ever. I got free name changes, 7 free character transfers total, some gametime just asking a GM. And every time they will say something like, "the reason wer are able to give this to you is because you have been an outstanding player blah blah, we want more players like you, you have been a long time subscriber, blah blah, and this is a one time thing." yet ill ask again and get granted another wish for free after maybe 3 months? LOL
    So you're saying that you contact GM's and they just gift you free character transfers and game time?

No. I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    So you're saying that you contact GM's and they just gift you free character transfers and game time?

No. I don't think so.
    Actually i've asked a gm to add some gametime to my secondary account for a few days, because i wanted to clear the bags and banks as i didnt needed that account for sniping when my realm went low pop. Granted i had my main account active. Tho i do beleive they dont just give away char transfers, but a few days (probably max a week) is allowed for them to give away if you have a valid reason. (Incl you dont have money for 1 more week to buy game-time or something)

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    If Blizzard gave away free weeks here and there, it would signal that they aren't confident in their products. It is their development, and they don't need to apologise. In the end, the final phrase is, "don't like it, don't play it".

As well, you don't want to buy Legion, or subscribe - then you have the free trial, roam around as a lvl 20, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    Actually i've asked a gm to add some gametime to my secondary account for a few days, because i wanted to clear the bags and banks as i didnt needed that account for sniping when my realm went low pop. Granted i had my main account active. Tho i do beleive they dont just give away char transfers, but a few days (probably max a week) is allowed for them to give away if you have a valid reason. (Incl you dont have money for 1 more week to buy game-time or something)
    They can offer some game time, depending on the status of accounts as well. Though, factors involve.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    Quite the opposite. If they gave away a free week it would signal that they need to lure people in.

They are confident enough in their product not to do such a thing.

You seem to only want a week for free.
    Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, you are completely wrong.

I have two friends who skipped WoD and decided to give the game another try pre-patch. Both contacted customer support and were offered 7 days gametime as a good will gesture. One of my friends out of cheekiness asked for an extra week and was given 14 days.

Blizzard are very desperate to lure back the millions of subs they have lost in the last few years. It's really laughable how out of touch with reality sycophants like you are.

If anyone is reading this and doesn't have a sub, and cannot afford tokens, just contact customer support and demand game time.

Deleted
    Indeed, they're confident enough that people will buy Legion and resubscribe so there is no need for a free week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I have two friends who skipped WoD and decided to give the game another try pre-patch. Both contacted customer support and were offered 7 days gametime as a good will gesture. One of my friends out of cheekiness asked for an extra week and was given 14 days.
    Sorry, but that's far from having a "free week for everyone" campaign.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    "i really, REALLY dislike your game, your design choices and i cannot be arsed to subscribe. but hey, give me a free week to consume a lot of your content and i see what i can do about my subscription, eh?"

either you are looking forward to the game and accept any flaws you might spot now (which are maybe out of context but okay) or you just stay away from it. why should they give you something for free? so you can tell them after that week that their game is soooo bad and you just can't stand it and you leave with a mere 100 hours played?
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No one cares whether you'll play Legion or not. If you don't like WoW, don't subscribe, no biggie.
    I feel the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    If anyone is reading this and doesn't have a sub, and cannot afford tokens, just contact customer support and demand game time.
    "Ask nicely" instead of "demand" would do too, no need to be a dick for no reason.

What do you think?
    Same here. I'm not sure, whether Blizzard have fixed all problems with outdoor content to make it enjoyable without flying and how pruned classes are felt like. Blizzard have never given me Beta access - I had MOP Beta access only, cuz I've bought it via annual pass (delivery of this access was delayed by several weeks though, cuz Blizzard decided that paying sub fee in time - was extremely important thing important to a point, where whole B.net account could have been banned for not doing it, cuz I had signed legal agreement and Blizzard could even sue me, but "access to Beta, when it will be available" in this so called "legal" agreement - wasn't really important thing, so giving access to players, who had purchased it, in 100500th invite wave - was totally ok), but I wasn't able to test anything there anyway due to client crashes every 2 minutes. Initially I planned not to buy Legion at launch and continue playing WOD content instead. But now, after reading all feedback, I'm not even sure. And I don't want to pay money to figure out, how game is felt now. Especially $50 for Legion. So yeah, week of free Legion trial would be great. Blizzard lost my trust and I no longer want to buy their product to try it only.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-30 at 10:08 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.