Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There is zero chance I will ever leave an area or find an inn instead of using a tome. /shrug
    And this. By the time Legion comes out and the first raid tier is released, tomes are going to be dirt cheap, cheaper than 11g. So, just gonna buy a bunch of those and switch whenever.

@Ameasun Are you really concerned over 11g as the added gold cost? How can anyone even complain about it being 11g, I really dont understand. Thats the current price, as I said when Legion drops the price will drop insanely low. Most likely down to 2-3g, maybe even lower. I dont really understand your argument. They arent punishing anyone. You can still swap whenever you want, for an entire minute in any talent row you want before each trash pack or boss as you please. I dont see the issue, and no, 11g being the cost of tomes is not the issue, and itll be considerably lower in Legion.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-08 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    And this. By the time Legion comes out and the first raid tier is released, tomes are going to be dirt cheap, cheaper than 11g. So, just gonna buy a bunch of those and switch whenever.
    Then the change is absolutely pointless and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There is no defense for this system at all. Either it's obstructive and restrictive or it's completely ineffectual, either way it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Then the change is absolutely pointless and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There is no defense for this system at all. Either it's obstructive and restrictive or it's completely ineffectual, either way it's shit.
    Eh, no argument from me about it being pointless. Its not shit, its the exact same thing we had before with tomes costing just a bit more. I guess I dont really understand the change entirely, because thinking about it out loud its definitely pointless.

Deleted
    Previously:
    go to vendor, buy a whole bunch of tomes for some gold, never think about them again

Now:
    go to auction house, buy a whole bunch of tomes for a lot of gold, never think about them again

This whole circus was pointless. Making it a craftable item was only done to make it look like this was their plan all along and not the desperate reversal of their previous nonsense.

@Ameasun Are you really concerned over 11g as the added gold cost? How can anyone even complain about it being 11g, I really dont understand. Thats the current price, as I said when Legion drops the price will drop insanely low. Most likely down to 2-3g, maybe even lower. I dont really understand your argument. They arent punishing anyone. You can still swap whenever you want, for an entire minute in any talent row you want before each trash pack or boss as you please. I dont see the issue, and no, 11g being the cost of tomes is not the issue, and itll be considerably lower in Legion.
    In Legion, we will have new tomes I think? I have no clue what those material costs are like. I'm assuming them to be similar but, it could be they are actually expensive.

Eh, no argument from me about it being pointless. Its not shit, its the exact same thing we had before with tomes costing just a bit more. I guess I dont really understand the change entirely, because thinking about it out loud its definitely pointless.
    Honestly, I thought the old system was shit too, I've never seen a point to the tomes. However, at least with the old system they could argue they were taking small amounts of money out of the economy to fight inflation. Can't make that excuse now, it's just moving from player to player.

- - - Updated - - -

In Legion, we will have new tomes I think? I have no clue what those material costs are like. I'm assuming them to be similar but, it could be they are actually expensive.
    Same tomes, different mats basically. They look like they'll probably be expensive at first but that will die down as people get a stockpile of mats.

Right now, they are sitting at about 11g and Stormrage has the shittiest AH Ive seen for a populated server considering prices are really high on that server, so they could be higher or lower depending on your server. No doubt the cost will be lower when Legion comes out though since they will be in high demand and most likely high supply, and every server has those undercutting people, so that will also factor in.

I do agree with the fact the change was pointless. I really dont see a difference other than a small increase in cost for tomes.

Right now, they are sitting at about 11g and Stormrage has the shittiest AH Ive seen for a populated server considering prices are really high on that server, so they could be higher or lower depending on your server. No doubt the cost will be lower when Legion comes out though since they will be in high demand and most likely high supply, and every server has those undercutting people, so that will also factor in.

I do agree with the fact the change was pointless. I really dont see a difference other than a small increase in cost for tomes.
    The 110 ones are rather costly to make though, compared to the ones on live, unless they changed the costs recently.

They will no doubt cost a lot more than 11g.

Right now, they are sitting at about 11g
    Must be nice. 39g a piece as the lowest price on Mal'Ganis US currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The 110 ones are rather costly to make though, compared to the ones on live, unless they changed the costs recently.

They will no doubt cost a lot more than 11g.
    I can't really tell because beta numbers in terms of AH are crazy so I have no idea. I'll wait till the first raid tier to see though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Must be nice. 39g a piece as the lowest price on Mal'Ganis US currently.
    Haven't checked in two or three days, could've gone up. Not sure, I don't really use them that much.

At best it's just pointless at worst it's just a time waste mechanic atm. As long as essential talents like CC and mobility are in the same tier it's going to be a pain.. I guess someone at blizzard felt smart for having found a way to make a shitty job relevant again as well.. but.. well.. no.

[/B]

Because at that point, why have talents at all? If you can just switch to any talent whenever the hell you want, might as well just scrap talents overall and add everything to the spellbook, which would be flat out stupid.

I agree with what they are doing. Being able to change talents anywhere and everywhere anytime you want was ridiculous, you could hardly call them talents. The price will drop eventually though when Legion is out, they will be in high demand and most likely high supply leading to a lower price overall (and then we have those undercutters running around} so it wont stay at 11g for long.
    hopefully the price goes up by a few hundred percent

People complaining about the cost. Literally palm planted on my face. Even if it's 25g per tome that's nothing. Gold is not a problem anymore in WoW, especially not trivial amounts like 20 gold. As others have said, major glyphs are out, scribes need something to do! Also there are raid wide ones that the guild you raid in should be handing out before bosses, making the cost 0 as usual. Now get on with it, and stop bitching about stuff that aint worth bitching about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still didn't see an issue with talents as they were from Vanilla through Wrath. There was no point in any of these changes that they made since then.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Funny how people complain about 11g / tome cost, yet they were perfectly okay with making literally millions with garrison missions.

Wait for the legion counterpart made with legion mats. It will cost vastly more than 11g. Cos there's no mat abundance anymore (no garrisons) and there's no flying either. Gonna be hell for anything that requires lots of basic mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Funny how people complain about 11g / tome cost, yet they were perfectly okay with making literally millions with garrison missions.

Wait for the legion counterpart made with legion mats. It will cost vastly more than 11g. Cos there's no mat abundance anymore (no garrisons) and there's no flying either. Gonna be hell for anything that requires lots of basic mats.
    In-game convenience should have a price though. And if you going to min-max for every single scenario you run into there should be a price to pay for that too. You can spend the money to constantly change talents outside a city or you can do what the majority of players do, set your talents once and just work with it

Such a non-issue and just another thing for people to get senselessly butthurt over just because they can.

It's very manageable to make gold in WoW and Legion will be no different. The tomes are going to end up being an object of frequent use and the price will most certainly reflect that. Fact is, most reasonable players will find a talent combination that works for them for the majority of situations and the ones that are willing to min-max for every single thinkable scenario are expected to deal with the little bit of extra expense that comes with that. Which is how it always was in the game.

Deleted
    Legion talents have a different design than WOD tho.

In WOD you could pick a cookie cutter talent build and roll with it, occasionally changing one or two.

In Legion you spec for a specific performance - single target, 2-3 target cleave or heavy AE. Youre expected to switch talents often.

7+ Year Old Account
    When they first announced this, i was completly on Blizzard side. I understood their point of view, that Talents needs to be limited or else, they would just feel like spells in your spell book
    But then the pre-patch hit the servers and i saw the talents. The problem here is very clear: A lot of the talents are clearly better in some fights then other talents. Like its not like aoe abilities are collected in a single row of talents, most of them are actually spread out throughout the tree. This means, that with every boss, there is proberly gonna be a talent set-up, which is better for that fight by miles. As a assa rogue or guardian druid, you are going to change spec with every fight, since all talents are designed for either single target or multitarget/AOE. So talents are not gonna focus on what kind of playstyle you like, but more about how many enemies you are gonna fight in the boss encounter.

I would support Blizzard around their decision, if they had tried to make all the talents in each row be kind of balanced in both single target and multitarget. I would have loved to see, that you could talent yourself into fewer abilities or more abilities, having talents that changed stat-prio and maybe even some talents, which changed your rotation completly. But atm, most talents are just "This is very good against single target" or "This talent is designed to work good against multiple targets". When it comes to dps talents, there are very few talents, who diverge from this.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

lol

I remember someone arguing with me - when this was first announced - that no one would be able to run dungeons anymore because we wouldn't be able to afford tomes and there was no way to spec for a whole dungeon without changing from fight to fight.

Well the new talents are here; we're still chain-pulling in dungeons and no one is slowing down for re-specs. I wonder if that player has been brave enough to try one yet, or if he's still sitting on the sidelines insisting it's impossible?

11g per book is cheap enough. You pick up a stack of 20 the way you would feasts and go on about your day. Chances are before you burn through your first stack, you'll find a combination of talents that works for most of what you're doing. Sometimes you'll know going in that you want a different spec and can change before porting to the instance. Then you'll only need books for those occasions where the content is challenging and demanding of optimum spec. Spending gold on progression has always been a part of WoW, including repairs, flasks, potions, feasts, and now tomes. Given the overall state of the WoW economy, this just isn't an issue.

I'll probably carry a stack of the group ones, so I can cover for less prepared members of the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Legion talents have a different design than WOD tho.

In WOD you could pick a cookie cutter talent build and roll with it, occasionally changing one or two.

In Legion you spec for a specific performance - single target, 2-3 target cleave or heavy AE. Youre expected to switch talents often.
    Specs are very different, but I haven't noticed much difference in regards to how versatile the builds are. I play rogue, hunter, bear, blood DK, and prot pally. Each has a single build they can use for anything that isn't hardcore progression. Spending some gold on optimal performance in progression is normal anyway.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"