Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Rob says he becomes his own person and a leader by the end of the film in his promos. Didn't really feel like it. I expected him to become Warchief but... eh.
    I guess he wasn't sure what direction Duncan wanted it to go. Either way, Toby has said that he wanted to be cast as Thrall in a sequel and he said that he is excited to see Orgrim become the wise teacher for Thrall. Duncan has also said that in the first movie, Durotan was the wise one and Orgrim was his sidekick. But now, in a future film, Orgrim has to stay strong and be the wise one. He was already pretty wise at the end with Gul'dan. He didn't want revenge for Durotan's death. But he wanted to fufill Durotan's wish; that Gul'dan is crazy and that they shouldn't follow him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    I definitely get what Jones was aiming for in that scene, but the problem is that you shouldn't try to imitate the great geniuses of filmmaking if you are not near their skill level.

Edit: I felt I should clarify that I got nothing against Jones, I have liked all his movies I have seen (all two of them), just saying he is no Sergio Leone.
    You do not need to be Sergio Leone to draw inspiration from him. Otherwise we could discard the vast majority of directors in history as cheap posers of someone bigger than them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You do not need to be Sergio Leone to draw inspiration from him. Otherwise we could discard the vast majority of directors in history as cheap posers of someone bigger than them.
    This. Otherwise there'd be no Paul Thomas Anderson, Sam Raimi, Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, even Sergio Leone himself drew from other directors. All directors do it.
    Last edited by tangocash; 2016-08-09 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Khadgar shenanigans

Garona declines to lie with him.

So can I just say something? Universal OR Legendary fucked up the marketing for real. I found this poster of Garona and I gotta ask you guys.

Which one is better looking?
    Which one gives the better signal/theme for the movie?
    Which one shows a badass female character?

If they had used the armored one, people wouldn't had complained about how the female orcs looked compared to the males. Remember we had all that jazz when we saw the Garona poster?

Imagine if the marketing had used the armored poster instead. Oh god...

10+ Year Old Account
    That armoured version looks really good, haven't seen that before.
    This is really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    So can I just say something? Universal OR Legendary fucked up the marketing for real. I found this poster of Garona and I gotta ask you guys.

If they had used the armored one, people wouldn't had complained about how the female orcs looked compared to the males. Remember we had all that jazz when we saw the Garona poster?

universal was in charge of marketing.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Garona isn't a female orc 4head facepalm why are you even using her as an example.
    When will the people understand that?

Also both posters are god awful.
    Who ever created them fucked up big time none of them does justice.
    The way she was in the movie was awful god awful.

If they had used the armored one, people wouldn't had complained about how the female orcs looked compared to the males.
    Those people are retarded, anyway. She's not an orc.

And Draka is definitely no beauty.

Imagine if the marketing had used the armored poster instead.
    I would prefer one with the closed mouth, though.

(Also, human armor doesn't make sense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I would prefer one with the closed mouth, though.

(Also, human armor doesn't make sense.)
    If you watch the movie, then it does make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is part of both worlds, so the half orc in human armour makes sense in that way.
    And she's wearing that armour since the meeting in the blackrock canyon, so basically half of the film.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human armor Garona poster is obviously better and in fact the only sane choice. Too bad Universal had an idiot in charge of marketing. Garona's theme in the movie is the child of two worlds, both human and orc. She, green skinned in human armor makes perfect sense. But idiot decided to throw the half-naked hot girl to appeal male audience. Instead he got a backlash. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    the child of two worlds, both human and orc. She, green skinned in human armor makes perfect sense.
    Why would a "child of two worlds", an Orc basically, wear a Stormwind-styled armor? That's just confusing. It doesn't make sense to show the character in the middle of its arc.

And to make a good poster one need something more to put on it than a digitally painted green woman in a terrible wig and $12.99 toy Elven ears.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-08-11 at 11:54 AM.

If you watch the movie, then it does make sense.
    He only saw a camrip, it obviously wasn't enough to get the the basic plot of the movie.

Deleted
    So, some box office experts claim that the movie lost $15 millions and therefore won't have a sequel unless it's specifically made for the Chinese audience:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-avoids-910268

No source for that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had that article a month ago already. No clue why IGN dug that out again.

So just wondering... who would not be up for a sequel, despite the loss?

Blizzard would be up for it (especially since they now have that movie thingy with Activision Blizzard)
    Duncan would be up for it (maybe after Mute)
    Legendary owns the movie rights, so I guess they would also be up for it?

So... the rest pretty much depends on the destributor, right? Would Universal be up for a sequel, despite the loss? Maybe they would have to get someone else on board. Is there any chinese companies that could fill in that role maybe?

Also... would they all be willing to do a sequel, if not for everyone, then at least for the fans if there is a demand?

So just wondering... who would not be up for a sequel, despite the loss?

Blizzard would be up for it (especially since they now have that movie thingy with Activision Blizzard)
    Duncan would be up for it (maybe after Mute)
    Legendary owns the movie rights, so I guess they would also be up for it?

So... the rest pretty much depends on the destributor, right? Would Universal be up for a sequel, despite the loss? Maybe they would have to get someone else on board. Is there any chinese companies that could fill in that role maybe?

Also... would they all be willing to do a sequel, if not for everyone, then at least for the fans if there is a demand?
    Hard to tell. Legendary IS making a lot of videogame movies, they've announced quite a few lately. But the Warcraft movies would most likely be the most expensive ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that we will at least have to wait until they figure out how well it sells on DvD/Blueray/Streaming.
    Dredd is rumoured to get a series because it does well there after it totally bombed in cinemas.

On other News is that there's a new Narnia Film in the making. The last film had around the same production costs as Warcraft did and earned 415 in the Boxoffice overall.