Poll: MAXIMUM

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There's too many variables to count difficulty tbh, from a pure dps perspective probably hc LK at least early on, because his enrage timer was actually hard to beat despite it being 15 minutes long, mechanically he was probably one of the easiest end bosses though. I personally don't think HC LK was that hard and given time I think plenty of guilds would've killed him had they not added the dumb limited attempts as well the nerf over time.

The original KT was pretty brutal, I never killed him before BC launched but had many sub 20% tries. They had never really launched anything as difficult as this at the time in terms of mechanics, strict dps reqs etc (don't you dare even say 4h, getting 8 geared tanks is not mechanically difficult). Wouldn't rank it as the hardest but it definitely beats some of them.

Madness 25hc was a joke, it was probably one of the easiest bosses in the whole instance.

Never done KJ before he was nerfed, opinion means moot.

Garrosh 25hc was scripted and easy as fuck, came down to a few people doing their jobs correctly and sadly for the Guild I was in at the time our Brewmaster was mentally impaired and found it difficult to pull an Iron Star in to the boss. Only thing that Garrosh had going for him was his monstrous Tank damage, but even then none of your wipes generally came down to Tank deaths if they knew what they were doing.

Archimonde before the ilvl buffs and capped rings is probably what I'd consider the hardest, all of his mechanics were extremely punishing and you couldn't just cheese them early on, strict dps reqs for the Doomfires & Infernals, limited conduit spacing near the end of P3 and some pretty brutal HPS reqs for almost all of his Raid damage mechanics. I still envy Method for managing to kill that without any Leg rings.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2016-08-15 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    ICC Normal(not HC) both 10/25man mode first 7-8 bosses was even easier than today LFR, but lorewise killing Scourge was more fun than killing random Orcs.
    Erm no, not even close.. They were roughly on par with HFC Heroic or Blackrock Foundry HC. At relevant gear levels if you remove the extra mechanics then the difficulty tuning wise wasn't far from heroic modes in relative terms. Putricide on normal prior to the raidwide buff (nerf) was defeating a lot of raiding guilds who had been successful throughout TBC and the rest of WOTLK.

Putricide was technically the 7th boss in the instance, since most people did that wing first. TOTC had been super easy on Normal 10/25 but ICC on 10/25 was a massive jump up in difficulty, the first 4 were not difficult but still miles ahead of LFR, comparable with the first 4 in HFC HC.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-08-15 at 03:00 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Arthas was fairly tough up until the release of Cata, iirc. Still one of the best fights ever added to the game.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Shit forum added my post twice.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    The first few guilds that killed him didn't have the benefit of mods for wrought chaos and had to play at a hyper-high level to survive it. that part is wrong is what im saying(that they dint have anything for it, rest is correct) , Almost no people made attemps on him without some kind of wa/addon for lasers so yeah.
    limit was making deep p3 without one, i'm sure there were other guilds as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Shit forum added my post twice.
    You sure meant: Shit, forum added my post twice. How a small line can change everyting...
    @Topic: I loved Arthas. So hard and so rewarding!
    Last edited by Wild; 2016-08-15 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing Spine was harder then Deathwing madness
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    You sure meant: Shit, forum added my post twice. How a small line can change everyting...
    @Topic: I loved Arthas. So hard and so rewarding!
    I meant what I wrote, no comma needed!

Archimonde was a joke once you had rings, honestly blackhand was harder

Garrosh was really hard, as was paragons and siegecrafter

Madness was lame and not really hard

Arthas was really hard, Yogg 0 was harder

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised to see so many comments and votes for Garrosh. That fight seemed ridiculously easy to me.

While it might seem simple now, the coordination required to beat Heroic Lich King back in the day stands out because I can't remember a time when a raid boss was ever that complex and in-depth until that point. I feel as if many of the future end bosses were attempts to recapture the feel that that fight gave, but the hardcore playerbase has grown and become much better since then.

I will say though that it's a shame Ragnaros in Firelands doesn't qualify or else I would have said him. That fight was both difficult as hell and an absolute blast.

early hfc archimonde

if we exclude C'thun who was literally impossible, and go by only final bosses that could be beat then I give it to Algalon he didn't earn the name Algalon the raid destroyer for nothing. he was the first exclusive boss and was stupidly hard. getting to him was the easy part, bt downing him took a couple weeks and some very creative tactics as well as him having an attempt limit made him one of the hardest " final" bosses.

That said Yogg " alone in the dark " I think topping the list at #1 it was SOOOoo hard the only way to really beat it for a long time was to cheese the encounter.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    surprised not many people so far think Deathwing was all that difficult.
    Because Spine was light years more difficult. Madness was a borderline consolation prize and I use the term prize loosely considering how utterly dogshit Dragon Soul was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Because Spine was light years more difficult. Madness was a borderline consolation prize and I use the term prize loosely considering how utterly dogshit Dragon Soul was.
    It's pretty sad actually how the biggest raid of Cataclysm was and still is viewed in such disdain. I try to think of something really cool people might look back on, but there isn't anything lol.

It's pretty sad actually how the biggest raid of Cataclysm was and still is viewed in such disdain. I try to think of something really cool people might look back on, but there isn't anything lol.
    To me Cataclysm raiding on the whole was pretty underwhelming with the exception of the T11 raids. Dragon Soul was just so fucking corny with its horrible RP and just ugh... it was so fucking awful and that's completing ignoring the fact you were stuck with a 8 boss raid instance for over a year which is quite possibly the biggest joke of it all.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2016-08-15 at 09:40 PM.

surprised not many people so far think Deathwing was all that difficult.
    Madness was a cakewalk compared to Spine, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    The original KT was pretty brutal, I never killed him before BC launched but had many sub 20% tries. They had never really launched anything as difficult as this at the time in terms of mechanics, strict dps reqs etc (don't you dare even say 4h, getting 8 geared tanks is not mechanically difficult). Wouldn't rank it as the hardest but it definitely beats some of them.
    While I can agree that 4hm was hard mostly because of the requirement of 8 geared tanks i do not agree about the KT part at all. It took us a wooping 3 days of raids to bring him down after killing saph. This was way faster than Loatheb, for example. Or Sapphiron himself.

hmm naxx 40 i was 1/15
    sunwell i was 0/6 dident even enter the raid once doing tbc
    icc i was 12/12hc 10man and 9/12 hc 25
    Deathwing i was 8/8hm and even boostet 2 casual guilds to 8/8 hm - by far the easyest
    soo i got cutting egde 10 and 25.
    achimonde i got cutting edge

cant say i tryed hard in vanilla or tbc - but in wotlk i did tryhard, so for me that must have been the hardest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    While I can agree that 4hm was hard mostly because of the requirement of 8 geared tanks i do not agree about the KT part at all. It took us a wooping 3 days of raids to bring him down after killing saph. This was way faster than Loatheb, for example. Or Sapphiron himself.
    I don't doubt that, but my Guild had a lot of roster issues and stopped raiding about a month and a half before BC launched, it's not complex or difficult now but for its time it was definitely a step up from anything else, same could be said for HC LK tbh. I would've given credit to some other fights like Saph & Loatheb had they been the end boss. I played a Priest so I know how strict Saph could be, esp with mana management when you're forced to wear half Frost Resist pieces. Shit was clutch even the few times my Guild farmed it.