Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabloko View Post
    So, i didnt play beta, so this is a good post.
    Basically, from what i have read, doesnt really matter to get to 110 first (or very fast) since u will have to do all the maps to unlock a bunch of things. Better start with new content instead of spending 1 hour turning quest in draenor (i have a couple of quest ready in nagrand, they r close together and main is a mage, so travelling is easy, but wont do more)
    Zones are your lvl, so doesnt matter where/how/when u quest the drops also will be your lvl?}
    The only thing that i didnt read is about dungeons, are they gonna be per lvl (or a set level, 100 to 105, etc) then 110normal/hero/mithyc??
    More or less, if you want to race to 110, there are tons of options to optimize that, however, you will have to clear all or most of the quests in ALL zones for the rep/lines you need to break into the some of the endgame content.

AS WELL, please keep in mind, clearing each zone fully of their quest lines will be a part of the Pathfinder to acquire flying later on.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    It actually makes no sense to not level from 100 to 110 in Broken Isles cause you need to get honored with all factions in order to unlock World Quest anyway. But having some quest to do in case the starting experience is slow/lagged helps a little. Anyway doing all 4 zones quests are at least 8 levels, so having half level from WoD quest and half level from Artifact quests + 1 level from dungeon quests sounds like the right place to be
    You need friendly, not honored. You need honored in suramar for the last 2 dungeon unlocks, but suramar is only available at 110 anyway so that's irrelevant on how we get to 110.

You can get all 4 zones reps friendly within 3 levels including artifact + order hall chain.

You will want to do all the quests for various reasons at some point - but there's no IMMEDIATE advantage that can't be caught up over the following days. The (possible) extra perks in your artifact tree often won't make a huge difference on those days, even the biggest artifact perks don't tend to outweight double digit item level advantages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

People reporting nerfed XP from WOD. Tooltips not updated to reflect.

Grats all you "non rusher lives matter" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    People reporting nerfed XP from WOD. Tooltips not updated to reflect.

Grats all you "non rusher lives matter" people.
    I can confirm. Obj tool tip stated 66k reward, got 22k

A 66% nerf...

I never see the reason for this, its already so quick to level, getting there a couple hours earlier doesnt give you much of a head start on anything lol, i always just play new content instead of slogging my ass through old content to get a little headstart on leveling lol. I feel like people who do this are also the people who buy boosts. I am one of those people who usually level 5 or 6 times on release night anyway, like with wod i was 97 the next morning so, im in no rush if ill already get 10 levels in a day and a half anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    As someone who has competed for server first/class first since tbc for the fun of the race I can say that it has NEVER been worth it to do these quests. The only thing that has ever mattered is getting through the initial rush and getting ahead of the horde so you can rush through all your quests without competition.

The most important thing the last two expansions has been getting into the zones before the server breaks down. this is a matter of minutes. During the WoD it took me an hour before I got into the starting zone because of server issues, this ended my chance at being one of the first. The second thing is trying to leave the first zone asap, once you reach the level required for the quest in the second zone you switch zones. after this you just need to do your thing and grind your way to the top.
    But (theoretically) this should be less of an issue this expac, since you do not have a bottleneck of level restricted zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolwhatadumbthread View Post
    I never see the reason for this, its already so quick to level, getting there a couple hours earlier doesnt give you much of a head start on anything lol, i always just play new content instead of slogging my ass through old content to get a little headstart on leveling lol. I feel like people who do this are also the people who buy boosts. I am one of those people who usually level 5 or 6 times on release night anyway, like with wod i was 97 the next morning so, im in no rush if ill already get 10 levels in a day and a half anyway
    Everyone has their preferences, it's as simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Pabloko View Post
    The only thing that i didnt read is about dungeons, are they gonna be per lvl (or a set level, 100 to 105, etc) then 110normal/hero/mithyc??
    You get 4 at 98, 1 at 105, 3 at 110 (at this point you'll have 8 normal and 8 heroics at 810 ilvl) then 2 more (mythic only) once you're honored with Suramar.
    Last edited by ItsTiddles; 2016-08-18 at 09:19 PM.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the same replies of people pointing out their opinion about not seeing the point is pretty hilarious. You don't even have to read the whole thread to see the back and forth that takes place on each page. People explaining why they do it and why it's not that big of a deal, then the other half telling you it's a waste of time and you aren't getting much of an advantage, and in fact you're actually hurting yourself.

I myself was going to do it on alternate characters because while people here can turn blue in the face giving really bad points, the pros outweighed the cons, at least for how I played (and which has been pointed out a hundred times on pretty much each individual page of this 20 page thread).

That said, the gains from doing this are severely nerfed right now from my limited testing on the beta.

I have the spires inn and cashed in the 3 elite kill quests, that would otherwise give me above 22k for each, instead they are giving a whopping 6600. Keep in mind that experience from BA/Quests/Treasures goes down as you level, and spires is a higher level zone, meant to be one of the last you do in the journey to speed to 110.

Gorgrond treasures give like 1300 XP now, they use to give 4200, and the 8 elite beasts in Gorgrond that you save in your inventory gives 3250 each, when they use to give something like 8800.

I didn't test bonus objectives because I can't be assed, but if the above post is right, it seems treasures, quests and BO are nerfed by 66%.

Still might be worth doing, but yeah, it's 66% less worth it now lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Draenor bonus objective xp and treasures have been nerfed. They now seem to be giving about 33% of the original value.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Everyone has their preferences, it's as simple as that
    Oh for sure, im not knocking peoples leveling methods at all, just was never drawn to this method myself, never seemed like that good of an idea enough to make me want to do it,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Reading the same replies of people pointing out their opinion about not seeing the point is pretty hilarious. You don't even have to read the whole thread to see the back and forth that takes place on each page. People explaining why they do it and why it's not that big of a deal, then the other half telling you it's a waste of time and you aren't getting much of an advantage, and in fact you're actually hurting yourself.

I myself was going to do it on alternate characters because while people here can turn blue in the face giving really bad points, the pros outweighed the cons, at least for how I played (and which has been pointed out a hundred times on pretty much each individual page of this 20 page thread).

That said, the gains from doing this are severely nerfed right now from my limited testing on the beta.

I have the spires inn and cashed in the 3 elite kill quests, that would otherwise give me above 22k for each, instead they are giving a whopping 6600. Keep in mind that experience from BA/Quests/Treasures goes down as you level, and spires is a higher level zone, meant to be one of the last you do in the journey to speed to 110.

Gorgrond treasures give like 1300 XP now, they use to give 4200, and the 8 elite beasts in Gorgrond that you save in your inventory gives 3250 each, when they use to give something like 8800.

I didn't test bonus objectives because I can't be assed, but if the above post is right, it seems treasures, quests and BO are nerfed by 66%.

Still might be worth doing, but yeah, it's 66% less worth it now lol.
    For my own personal gains ive yet to see 1 reason as to why this is better, except that ill hit 110 a little quicker, have less artifact power, less rep, less gold. You wont be able to raid quicker, youll get a little leg up on gear (which is beyond easy to get anyway so) it really doesnt do enough good for me to warrant the effort in going back over wod content, especially when im so beyond happy to leave wod in the rear view mirror, i cant even bring myself to leave org on live right now until legion drops because I cant be bothered to see anything wod, this is also why I have all the characters ill ever be playing from here on out finished with wod questing. I will never step foot on draenor again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    Looks like Draenor bonus objective xp and treasures have been nerfed. They now seem to be giving about 33% of the original value.
    Same with Gorgron hand-in quests. 3250 exp@100. Most Nagrand quests nerfed too, but some seems to avoided nerf. Seems like from full Gorgrond hand-ins(8 rares+arena hand-ins)+ all bonus objectives from Gorgrond+Talador+Arakk+Nagrand(with 24 quests stacked + doing Arena AFTER release) you'll get to 101 maximum( might not even get it). If i din't already done all this on my main, i'd likey won't be assed to do that.
    Last edited by iDielord; 2016-08-18 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    For those who are actually interested in the content of this thread:
    There are a few good tips and tricks scattered across 21 pages however they few and far between. You also have to spend a good 2 hours sieving through all the **** which is repeated 100 times. Not sure how many times I can read 'you have to complete all four zones anyway, this is a waste of time' before self harming.

Tips to learn from this thread:
    Create two posts
    - One post for people who are actually interested in leveling to 110 in the quickest way possible. Clearly state in this post that this is to discuss methods only, and that a separate post has been created to discuss why you shouldn't level to 110 quickly. For example; you are just gonna complain that you run out of content too quickly, you have to complete all zones anyway, you will be behind if you don't go into the new zones straight away etc (repeated 100 times over).
    - One post to discuss the ethnicity of leveling to 110 in the quickest way possible, why you shouldn't do it and the pros and cons doing so.

Other comments:
    Funnily enough I have gone through a lot of emotions reading through this thread, from interest at the original post, to frustration at people discussing the ethnicity or why it is a waste of time, to hope that people will read through the previous comments and stop repeating the same thing over and over, to humor about how unreal the repetition of the comments are, back to frustration, then back to humor at Miffy doing at complete 360 and claiming he is a power leveler himself, to acceptance that this is just how things are and people won't change.

Overall thanks OP for creating this post and trying to create a good discussion on methods to power level, a shame the way it turned out in the end. Despite a lot of frustration and anger I managed to get a few good tips so thank you .
    Last edited by mmoc186a246bf5; 2016-08-19 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as Mythic lockouts go:
    https://www.twitch.tv/slootbag/v/84456642?t=1h43m27s

No extra lockouts, as I suspected.

With Draenor XP nerfed the ways of powerleveling have rapidly dwindled too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick2ooo View Post
    Tips to learn from this thread:
    Create two posts
    - One post for people who are actually interested in leveling to 110 in the quickest way possible. Clearly state in this post that this is to discuss methods only, and that a separate post has been created to discuss why you shouldn't level to 110 quickly, e.g you are just gonna complain that you run out of content too quickly, or you have to complete all zones anyway, or you will be behind if you don't go into the new zones straight away etc (repeated 100 times over).

Other comments:
    Funnily enough I have gone through a lot of emotions reading through this thread, from interest at the original post, to frustration at people discussing the ethnicity or why it is a waste of time, to hope that people will read through the previous comments and stop repeating the same thing over and over, to humor about how unreal the repetition of the comments are, back to frustration, then back to humor at Miffy doing at complete 360 and claiming he is a power leveler himself, to acceptance that this is just how things are and people won't change.

Overall thanks OP for creating this post and trying to create a good discussion on methods to power level, a shame the way it turned out in the end. Despite a lot of frustration and anger I managed to get a few good tips so thank you .
    Tried and failed, maybe in the next expac??. Thanks for your post though (omg was that your first or 2nd post? <3)

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Just fyi, discussing the actual advantages of cheesing the leveling path has nothing to do with whether one enjoys speeding to max personally or not. As you so succinctly pointed out in your post, there were two different subtopics going on here. With some people being unable to tell the difference and feeling like "their way of playing" was being "attacked" for some mysterious reason. It may have to do with a lack of reading comprehension. Quite the frolick through the humor pastures, indeed =)

Deleted
    Miffy - This post was aimed at people who are interested in leveling to 110 in the fastest way possible. You posted multiple reasons on why people shouldn't power level to 110, which were all mentioned multiple times already and derailed from the original discussion. You did mention that people do not read through 15 pages of comments before posting, which is a fair comment, however, I have had to read through 15 pages of comments, and then read your post and subsequent posts further derailing from the original discussion (bar one or two comments surronding Mythic Dungeons).

I am not going to respond to this any further and for the record I do not have anything against you. This post has derailed enough and I am just interested in some tips and tricks on the fastest way to level to 110, whether its from old content or new, before someone posts that you have to complete each zone again. Although saying that I haven't actually contributed to this thread myself!

I will take on any feedback you come back with and hopefully we can keep it on-topic from here on.

Uurdz - Yea I know you tried and responded to almost every comment lol. Appreciate the effort and dedication! If you can bother to go through this all again I look forward to seeing a post for the next expansion, maybe we can create a drinking game or something out of the comments .
    Last edited by mmoc186a246bf5; 2016-08-19 at 02:42 PM.

For people planning to speed level good luck. I have done this in the past, but after playing beta decided that this expansion I'd take my time. Before I made this decision, I was thinking the best way might be to get to Dalaran broken isles asap and do the artifact quest before going back and handing in / completing / getting xp from old content. The reason for this is the combined chances of ddos disruption and instance server problems from the artifact quests means Id prefer to be through the content that's likely to be roadblocked sometime in the hours after launch. Id also like to get my hearthstone set asap somewhere away from Dalaran on Broken Isles. In WOD I delayed a bit doing other xp stuff - and then got stuck for too long at the lag fest before establishing your garrison (and the person I was having a friendly race with was 93 before I finally got through my garrison).

Nagrand Items = 3,600 exp
    Nagrand Zone Quest = 24,050 exp
    Random quests in Talador = 3,700 exp
    Talador Zone Quest = 18,550 exp
    Gorgrond Zone Quest = 5,100 exp
    Random quest in Gorgrond = 2,600 exp
    Proof of Strength items = 2,600 exp
    Trophies = 3,250 exp
    Last edited by Uurdz; 2016-08-20 at 02:59 AM.

Guess getting to 105 two hours into the expansions was a bit too much of a lead. Sad they nerfed it to the ground though, it honestly doesn't hurt anyone, if someone else is level 110 before them.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Miffy - This post was aimed at people who are interested in leveling to 110 in the fastest way possible. You posted multiple reasons on why people shouldn't power level to 110, which were all mentioned multiple times already and derailed from the original discussion. You did mention that people do not read through 15 pages of comments before posting, which is a fair comment, however, I have had to read through 15 pages of comments, and then read your post and subsequent posts further derailing from the original discussion (bar one or two comments surronding Mythic Dungeons).

I am not going to respond to this any further and for the record I do not have anything against you. This post has derailed enough and I am just interested in some tips and tricks on the fastest way to level to 110, whether its from old content or new, before someone posts that you have to complete each zone again. Although saying that I haven't actually contributed to this thread myself!

I will take on any feedback you come back with and hopefully we can keep it on-topic from here on.

Uurdz - Yea I know you tried and responded to almost every comment lol. Appreciate the effort and dedication! If you can bother to go through this all again I look forward to seeing a post for the next expansion, maybe we can create a drinking game or something out of the comments .
    No, I was discussing what the point of powerleveling in terms of advantages pre-raid release was, and nothing else. That is an entirely separate topic to "why rush at all". It was certainly slightly off-topic, but nontheless ties in closely to speedleveling in Legion, and it naturally developed within this topic. The people on both sides who are either coming in here "critisizing" people for wanting to rush as well as those taking offense to anyone actually discussing the benefits of doing so are taking this a wee bit out of proportion, dare I say.

In any case the issue of Mythic lockouts has been more or less resolved anywho.

With the massive nerf hammer coming in on Draenor XP 100+, not sure speeding is even viable anymore.