Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I just realised that when Kharazan ships in 7.1 it's going to be our first patch dungeon in five years.

Five.

Gratifying, but also kind of pathetic if you think about it.
    Not really pathetic, I would say. It is a gift for nostalgia, as well as fitting the story line.

We don't always need a new dungeon pr. patch.

And if we got, people would still whine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    That's not how ZG and ZA worked for 4.1 and 4.2 (6+ months?). You had to do all the bosses plus the arch boss if available. Then there were minibosses needed for quests that no one wanted to do except for the people who needed them for quests who were just shit out of luck. At the end, your reward was Jindo the Pug Breaker and 30 minutes to 1 hour of WoW drama including trash resets.

Holy shit does anyone ever want to do that again? I don't know why it didn't make me quit WoW.
    Wait, you wiped in ZG and ZA in cata? Repeatedly enough so you remember? Holy shit, I have no words..

Deleted
    Never liked the idea of dungeons between tiers. I understand it's not aimed at me, but it's like false hope. A phantom content if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Not pathetic at all... not having patch dungeons was a design choice, not something we've been screwed out of.
    It was a poor decision on their part.

Not pathetic at all... not having patch dungeons was a design choice, not something we've been screwed out of.
    A "design choice" that probably helped attribute to losing over 7 million subs in a year.

Mid-expansion dungeons are challenging, because they need to be rewarding for people who are already raiding, and at the same time accessible to people who aren't. That was always a big problem, prior to the scaling tech coming online for both mobs and rewards. Hopefully this will work out well and encourage more sprinkling in of dungeons in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    It is pathetic and laziness from blizz not giving us more dungeons than what we have from lauch of an expansion, took em 2 fucking expansions to realize that
    Not really when the majority of the runs by max level players were just speed runs to acquire currency, and the participation rates of added dungeons dropped off once raid gear or raid quality gear was obtained. LFR filled the void of adding new dungeons, and the removal of raid quality gear from vendors made adding dungeons a waste of development time. However, I understand the desire for non raid content. I welcome the return of dungeons being added especially with Mythic+ in the game. I think Blizzard understands now too. Hopefully we will get more throughout Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Eh, if you want to get technical, 6.0 brought the Upper Blackrock Spire 5man dungeon to level 90. A dungeon which is 100% tied to the pre-warlords storyline.

Post-launch dungeons have always been more of a catch-up mechanic than anything, instead of doing that in mop/warlords they tried more uninstanced stuff, and worked throughout WoD to develop a system to keep 5mans relevant through the entire life of an expansion, not just the first month.

You can be happy about a new dungeon all you want, but it was pretty obvious that they wanted to try something new, or develop a better system for 5-mans before investing time into making them post-launch. And the game is better for it.
    UBRS was a WoD rework dungeon, much like scalret monastery or scholomance for mop

it's not a new dungeon during an expansion, it's a new dungeon at the start of one.

people give cata so much shit and yet it gave us 5 dungeons mid expansion, that's only 3 less than the entirety of WoD
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-19 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So you're saying the alternative to dungeon content was no content, but it doesn't mean there was less content? The design choice was to not design things? We didn't get things because it would cost a raid tier, and we got shorted a raid tier anyway but we didn't get screwed out of anything?
    LFR was the answer to no dungeon content. Dungeons were used almost exclusively to farm valor for tier/raid quality gear. Remove dungeons add in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    UBRS was a WoD rework dungeon, much like scalret monastery or scholomance for mop

it's not a new dungeon during an expansion, it's a new dungeon at the start of one.

people give cata so much shit and yet it gave us 5 dungeons mid expansion, that's only 3 less than the entirety of WoD
    Which form planning was only supposed to last 12 months. I am sure if they knew it would take a year longer to get Legion out the door in planning, Farahlon and possibly other dungeons/raid would have seen the light of day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I wonder if it will be off the LFD tool.. And is this a trend they are going forward, since we already have 2, mythic only (which are off the LFD, right?) dungeons at launch..

Honestly, I'd hate to jump into LFD, expecting 30 mins dungeon and get 2h long Karazhan..

BTW, is there a reason to do 'daily LFDs' in Legion? Some daily valor, artifact power, chance for a BJ from Thrall, or whatever?
    Depends on what the reward is? DO you need AP? Is it an item slot you need an upgrade for, doe sit have a relic you could use? Not sure if Legendaries can drop from dungeon bosses, but if so then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Patch content is markedly different from straight-up expansion content, though.
    Not necessarily. Historically the patches advertised as expansions have just been of a larger scope than most non-expansion patches. However, we have had all the content changes(including class redesign, new dungeons, raids, and areas) added in patch content and "expansion" patch content.

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    i remember the color because i'm not dumb enough to get pitchforked aka to continue subbing for a game that has little innovative contents. Karazhan 7.1 is a huge question mark mainly due to history repeating itself with the ZA/ZG dungeon remake.
    I don't need innovative content in any game. I just need my games to be fun. Nothing wron with unsubbing if you do not like the game or would rather wait for more content. Blizzard, encourages it. Likewise, there is nothing wrong with subbing during a content drought either if you are still having fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Not necessarily. Historically the patches advertised as expansions have just been of a larger scope than most non-expansion patches. However, we have had all the content changes(including class redesign, new dungeons, raids, and areas) added in patch content and "expansion" patch content.
    True, but we all know and understand what is meant by patch content. Let's not pretend otherwise.

It is pathetic and laziness from blizz not giving us more dungeons than what we have from lauch of an expansion, took em 2 fucking expansions to realize that
    They didn't re-started giving patch dungeons because suddenly they remembered they can do that.

They're doing it now because they're also adding a major system in Legion that should greatly extend the usefullness and lifespan of dungeons (Mythic & Mythic+), which solves the problem which led them to stop doing patch dungeons (and more launch dungeons): It wasn't worth to dump resources into new dungeons that both made the previous dungeons even more irrelevant and also became irrelevant themselves in a couple a few weeks for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Which form planning was only supposed to last 12 months. I am sure if they knew it would take a year longer to get Legion out the door in planning, Farahlon and possibly other dungeons/raid would have seen the light of day.
    what it was supposed to be bears no relevance, it onlly matters what it ended up to be.

Must be nice to have a product on the market and all the bad choices the company makes can be excused by "it being a simple design choice".
    Oh, loyal rabid fans, how you wreck the game's overall quality and don't even notice it..

They aren't the same, but they did add scenarios and try to go that route in MoP. WoD they just shit the bed and stopped trying to clean the mess.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I think we can mostly agree that WoD content was scarce. From that point of view, any content is a step in the right direction. I'll give Blizz a confidence vote until january, and if I don't see stuff moving in the "right" direction (3 raid tiers, proper pacing as to not repeat the same raid for over a goddamn year) I'll just unsub, delete, and go play Persona 5.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I just realised that when Kharazan ships in 7.1 it's going to be our first patch dungeon in five years.

Five.

Gratifying, but also kind of pathetic if you think about it.
    And yet, the dungeon they will give us is just rehashed content. Making it a nine boss gindfest is a huge mistake. Huge. Blizzard can't do a single thing right anymore.

It was a design choice to screw us out of content. That I will agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    "Having less content was a design choice."

Blizzdrone, you have reached new, unseen heights of pathetic.
    what the actual fck with this???

You can opt to do other content with the resources of a dungeon, in terms of design, its not "less content". 3 dungeons or a raid? depends in what you want. any of this options are "less content".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hatorri View Post
    ZG its small compering with Kara, also in ZG they have skipped 3 bosses, tbh I’m not complain so much for a dungeon which will need around 2hrs at beginning to completed (I’m lucky that i have run this raid so many times at tbc and i know even the smallest corner of it :P ) the problem is in the case you don’t have your group to go there and need to take ppl from LFG, it’s the worst experience.. the majority of the ppl who join lfg they can’t w8 or follow tactics, the best for them if was possible to enter the dungeon and teleport to end with kills and loots on bag and then exit.
    I wonder when Blizzard will realized that system have failed, LFG/LFR have spoiled the playability, have created lazy players and angry kids which they don’t know other words than "wtf" "go go go" "noob" etc.

I have start playing this game in vanilla time, i have seen really nice raids and good players, every expansion that come less and less, good players get bored of all this nerf of playability and behavior and prefare to stop, if i see that why Blizzard cant?
    im enjoying the game. sorry.

No.

5 mans take a lot of time to create relative to most content. Up until Mythic+ was announced, taking extra time to make 5 mans would be literally just the dumbest fucking possible thing to do because (up until Mythic+) 5 mans are relevant for about 3 days. They should absolutely not have ever at any point in the past 5 years spent any time making more of them while the entire 5 man format had no longevity to go with it whatsoever.

You're basically mad that they weren't INSANELY inefficient and pumping out pointless ridiculously short lived content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They aren't the same, but they did add scenarios and try to go that route in MoP. WoD they just shit the bed and stopped trying to clean the mess.
    It's almost like they realized instanced content short of raids is in general ridiculously inefficient to create because it stays relevant for less than a week.

BUT BLIZZ I NEED DUNGEONS TO DO ONCE AND NEVER CARE ABOUT AGAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    It was a design choice to screw us out of content. That I will agree with.
    lmfao no. What a retarded perspective.