Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAjur View Post
    It'd be a hard mistake to make if the whole body is shown, as griffons have a few extra parts that eagles don't. But in the cases where just the head is used, the way to tell the difference is that griffons have ears, eagles don't.

My source is 1991 Encyclopaedia Britannica. Read the bugger out of the heraldry article when I was a kid.
    such a Griffon is really cool, also the left supporter ( it is left position, trust me ) of the arms of Baden-Württemberg.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    On a per capita basis, the Breivik killings were deadlier than 9/11, so yeah I think we're doing a bit better than you in that department.
    Per capita basis? What a fascile and irrelevant way to talk about mass murder. Size of country is irrelevant vs numbers of deaths. Apart from anything else 9/11 and it's world wide impact is still being felt today. Breivik, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. People are always sticking random things on our flag and nobody gives a shit.

For example, New Zealand have put some little stars on the ensign and us British are perfectly fine with it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    If you got the dual citizenship why not combine both flags when you feel at both places home.
    It's considered very disrespectful to the flag.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Leftists hate the national flag of germany, they think we are not allowed to show national pride because of the austrian mustache guy 70years ago. They even get triggered by soccer fans singing the national anthem a second time. Everything is racism in their eyes.
    The Austrian Guy was German is German and remains German. What defines a German isnt the Country where he/she was born. its the Language

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    The Austrian Guy was German is German and remains German. What defines a German isnt the Country where he/she was born. its the Language
    Not really. People from Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg are not magically "german" just because they know the language.

Not really. People from Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg are not magically "german" just because they know the language.
    nah thats how it worked before we started using this Nationality Bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It's considered very disrespectful to the flag.
    Why does a piece of cloth deserve respect?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    nah thats how it worked before we started using this Nationality Bullshit.
    Go away with your "Urburschenschaft" bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Its against the law to be disrespectful against the flag or even destroy it in germany, not sure if changing it is considered destroying though . Probably not, but it deserves respect.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-08-21 at 07:47 PM.

Because it is suddenly a flag, not a 'piece of cloth'.

Does getting bent out of shape over a symbol on a flag count as PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Would you be cool if a few million Confed flag flying US southerners fled to your nation and started putting crosses on your Nation's flag? (amusing your nation has no religious symbols on it to start with i suppose) IDk about you but it seems...rude. Its not the worst thing out there but it sure does not show respect.
    People already do this in America in various forms...part of freedom of expression/Speech etc etc.

The OP's post, the guy got "caught" on camera...giving the wider audience a chance to cast their "2 cents" in.

I do not like seeing people deface the American flag, but as an American I understand that expression is a right and therefor , I can just turn away and ignore them when this is the way they choose to express themselves.
    And be glad they are using the right they are born/granted.

I will not do so...that is my choice.

Deleted
    Why do you deserve respect? You're just a walking, talking sack of organic tissue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Would you be cool if a few million Confed flag flying US southerners fled to your nation and started putting crosses on your Nation's flag? (amusing your nation has no religious symbols on it to start with i suppose) IDk about you but it seems...rude. Its not the worst thing out there but it sure does not show respect.
    Adam is British, there are already threee crosses on his flag, they may struggle to find room to put any more on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its against the law to be disrespectful against the flag or even destroy it in germany, not sure if changing it is considered destroying though . Probably not, but it deserves respect.
    Very strange law...

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Because it is suddenly a flag, not a 'piece of cloth'.
    It is a painted piece of cloth that is a flag. Are we still mentally in cavemen times, worshiping random items representing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    Why do you deserve respect? You're just a walking, talking sack of organic tissue.
    I'm not requiring that everyone respects me though.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't laugh any harder. This is so pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it represents the lives of those who have given everything to protect the country it stands for.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Citation for any of your BS?
    Wait are you saying the part about America having more cultures in it than most European countries to be bullshit? Becuase idk we literally are the 3rd most populous country and are known for melting.

- - - Updated - - -

Go away with your "Urburschenschaft" bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that flag disrespect? "we love germany so much we wanted to fuze our cultures"

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Wait are you saying the part about America having more cultures in it than most European countries to be bullshit? Becuase idk we literally are the 3rd most populous country and are known for melting.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that flag disrespect? "we love germany so much we wanted to fuze our cultures"
    It's not the only statement you made; and yes, I do. Yes, your big cities are fairly multicultural, just like ours, but there are many and vast areas that are quite mono-cultural, too. You just keep rambling about stuff you yet have to back up; just like your "Why is it assimilate or gtfo" mental diarrhea claim earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Because it represents the lives of those who have given everything to protect the country it stands for.
    It represents whatever you want it to represent. There is no inherent meaning in a flag.