Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So far, in my opinion, this expansion has been one of the better leveling experiences. I find that the zones quests are fun and varied enough where they don't feel monotonous or grindy. Part of it could be that I'm taking my time though, and not getting in a rush to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wahh i don't want RP in an RPG".

Deleted
    Worst? I think it's the best.

Everything is small. Small is good.

I am the person who hates leveling more than anything else but this time...i'm kinda having fun with the many voice acted quests. *shocker*

I was done leveling yesterday, but today I'm completing the last 2 zones. People keep saying no problems whatsoever, but as a DH I get DCd frequently during fel rush, and currently I am trying to log my character in after 3-4 dcs on the border between two zones. "A character with that name already exists" when trying to log in. In total I'd say I've spend almost 2 hours due to these kind of problems. The first DH scenario for the weapons I spend a good 30 minutes rezzing and phasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Done one zone so far. Azsuna. 102 and some change. Enjoyable for me.
    I haven't even finished Azsuna and I'm 102½. Dungeon and one hub to go. Beats me how these people keep failing to find things which yield xp.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I'm very surprised. There's numerous amounts of people in here barking at OP for an opinion as though their own opinion is superior.
    I think it's mostly the contradiction between "I hate grinds and questing, I'm 110" and the lack of anything concrete that would have been better. You simply cannot whine about grinding when you did 100-110 in a day; it lacks credibility.

I will say I'm not terribly fond of the profession quests ... Unfortunately I'm letting the profession quests dictate which zones I do.
    Well, that's on you isn't it? Do other things. Don't be the guy who hits is head against a wall, then complains that his head hurts.

...so it could be I simply don't like questing or something. I had all 11 classes and now all 12 at 100+. DH is at 104. So... questing may just be something I dislike. I know, I know, this is world shattering for many people here who think Blizzard is perfect and can never do wrong in their mind.
    There's nothing wrong with disliking questing, but you can't bitch about the quality of questing or the fact that it takes time if you know that it's YOU, not necessarily the questing.

Deleted
    level as a holy priest (think of all that smite you have to cast) & then you can maybe have a gripe.
    to get to lvl 110 24 hours after legion came out, you really dont have very much to moan about, do you?

I loathe grinds too. Which is exactly why I want to get through leveling as fast as possible, so I can spend the rest of the expansion running the same handful of instances over and over in the hopes of getting better gear.

Hey, wait a mi........

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    P.S. What happened to the xp from beta to the live version? Everyone was saying that 2 and a half zones of questing were gonna be enough to get to 110, but it was nowhere near that. If you don't do the dungeon quests you literally just have enough quests to get to 110....
    This is false, I am level 109, 1/5th in to level 110 and I only completed 2 1/2 zones. You have to do everything in those zones bruh. That means all side quests and all bonus areas. Every single quest including dungeon quests, that you are able to complete. It was never any different.

For good measure I also killed every rare I came across, and did all quests available to me in Dalaran and for my Order Hall, and I already have all of my artifacts.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-08-31 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hated Azsuna, the rest of the zones were pretty good i thought
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    level as a holy priest (think of all that smite you have to cast) & then you can maybe have a gripe.
    to get to lvl 110 24 hours after legion came out, you really dont have very much to moan about, do you?
    HAH. The day before Legion landed I decided to run my priest some. I was like "the fuck? Is smite all I really have? What...the..shit?"
    I'm glad a priest is not my main. Shadow looks cool though but for some immature reason I knew someone who was a dick who absolutely loved spriests and since then I hated priests because I associate it with him. Childish, I know. Not sure why I feel that way either -- it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think it's mostly the contradiction between "I hate grinds and questing, I'm 110" and the lack of anything concrete that would have been better. You simply cannot whine about grinding when you did 100-110 in a day; it lacks credibility.

Well, that's on you isn't it? Do other things. Don't be the guy who hits is head against a wall, then complains that his head hurts.

There's nothing wrong with disliking questing, but you can't bitch about the quality of questing or the fact that it takes time if you know that it's YOU, not necessarily the questing.
    I can whine about an aspect of the game I don't like. Until I can raid at level 100 in a 110 raid I'm required to level. Historically I preferred to do it REALLY fast to get it out of the way. I've since mellow out though since I don't do Mythic raiding and I don't min/max anymore. I just think I dislike questing. Or it's possible I just dislike this much questing. I'm not sure which to be honest.

It's not really on me if I dislike an aspect of the game. Odd how you seem very interested in making that kind of remark though. Or maybe you just want an echo chamber?

I can absolutely bitch and moan about questing. You can suck it up and continue being upset about me not liking it for all I care.
    There are other games where questing isn't so bad but it could be that the pace, the story, or something else. Unlike many here I haven't gotten so personally invested in making people out to be bad guys or angry folks. Though, I think I said before, I suspect many responding, perhaps even yourself, are simply at work and upset you aren't playing. I dunno. I don't care. That's on you and your priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i hated Azsuna, the rest of the zones were pretty good i thought
    Azsuna rocks. Your every word makes Emmigosa sad.

Kind of agree with the TC, lots of time consumed just running to a guy to click "OK" then go off running some more. Then there is the lame world design, which is down right painful in HM and parts of SH without flying. WoD was a better leveling experience for me.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAH. The day before Legion landed I decided to run my priest some. I was like "the fuck? Is smite all I really have? What...the..shit?"
    I'm glad a priest is not my main. Shadow looks cool though but for some immature reason I knew someone who was a dick who absolutely loved spriests and since then I hated priests because I associate it with him. Childish, I know. Not sure why I feel that way either -- it's stupid.

I can whine about an aspect of the game I don't like. Until I can raid at level 100 in a 110 raid I'm required to level. Historically I preferred to do it REALLY fast to get it out of the way. I've since mellow out though since I don't do Mythic raiding and I don't min/max anymore. I just think I dislike questing. Or it's possible I just dislike this much questing. I'm not sure which to be honest.

It's not really on me if I dislike an aspect of the game. Odd how you seem very interested in making that kind of remark though. Or maybe you just want an echo chamber?

I can absolutely bitch and moan about questing. You can suck it up and continue being upset about me not liking it for all I care.
    There are other games where questing isn't so bad but it could be that the pace, the story, or something else. Unlike many here I haven't gotten so personally invested in making people out to be bad guys or angry folks. Though, I think I said before, I suspect many responding, perhaps even yourself, are simply at work and upset you aren't playing. I dunno. I don't care. That's on you and your priorities.
    So you're a child. Got it. Go have your tantrum in private. Don't like questing? Level in dungeons as much as you can. Don't insist on doing questing to level and then bitch about questing when you have other options. Don't grind to 110 IN A DAY (it's the in a day part that's important, something you utterly missed), then complain a game is grindy.

Legion is like every other expansion the game has seen. You level up, then switch gears. You level via quest, dungeons of a combination. Anyone expecting different 12 years in is being silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I loathe grinds too. Which is exactly why I want to get through leveling as fast as possible, so I can spend the rest of the expansion running the same handful of instances over and over in the hopes of getting better gear.

Hey, wait a mi........
    Precisely. People are absolutely free to say idiotic shit like that. We're just not bound to treat such foolishness with any sympathy.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-08-31 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So you're a child. Got it. Go have your tantrum in private. Don't like questing? Level in dungeons as much as you can. Don't insist on doing questing to level and then bitch about questing when you have other options. Don't grind to 110 IN A DAY (it's the in a day part that's important, something you utterly missed), then complain a game is grindy.

Legion is like every other expansion the game has seen. You level up, then switch gears. You level via quest, dungeons of a combination. Anyone expecting different 12 years in is being silly.
    Ah, yes, the personal attacks come in. I suppose I should have expected as much from you. I'm disappointed in you. You seem very defensive for Blizzard -- I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Hey, wait a mi........
    It's not just the grind that's annoying about quests. The annoying part is how there's no challenge whatsoever to it.

In dungeons and raids, you'll at the very least be doing them with other people. And interacting with others is already a big plus to fun. And with both raids and now mythics, you can always up the difficulty to the place where you will be challenged. Even if content is on farm, you will die if you screw up. That doesn't happen while questing.

So the real issue with quests is that it's pretty much a single player game set to "VERY EASY" and everything is made in a way that inconvenience will cost you time. I mean, it's fine to lose time because you're being challenged, and perhaps failing, but to lose time because the map was designed in a way that to get to where you want to go you need to go around a mountain and you can't fly over it?

I'm all for wasting time, but please let me have fun while I waste mine. Until there are difficulty sliders for questing, Blizzard should make it take it the least amount of time possible. That or at the very least allow us to have alternatives (dungeons were good alternatives in the past, but their exp has been nerfed to the ground as of late).

7+ Year Old Account

Spoilers included.

Let me explain my experience so far.

I decided Highmountain would be my starting area, because I was after all a Tauren. The scenery was nice, the fact that things in the zone changed with destruction, and I was recruiting new allies and making enemies was pretty cool. I have done all except for two rare bosses in the zone, and collected all but 1 treasure, and explored virtually everything there. I am level 104 already. With one zone near completion. I know not everyone is about the full completion, but I figured that I may as well enjoy it.

To say "oh, there's barely enough to get you to level 110 is NOT accurate, to say that if you do the bare minimum, it's barely enough to get to level 110, that is an accurate statement.

If you rushed through the zones, there is so much to see and do that you missed out on. Yes, there were some drawn out areas of Highmountain, but most of it was relevant and enjoyable. Overall a good experience.

What was the best part of Highmountain? The Easter eggs. The little things that are thrown in if you are paying attention that just bring a smile to your face.

Examples Include:

Rats in the Kobold area being named as pets (i.e. Blue, "You are my boy, Blue!" from one of the Kobolds when his rat dies.)
    Recruiting an army of Murlocs to create a "New and Better" generation of Murlocs.
    Finding the four components for the kite that lets you slow fall for a full minute and then going to the very top of Highmountain and jumping off.
    (Not in Highmountain, but a relevant and excellent Easter egg) Charlie the Unicorn reference in Azsuna, where you find the three unicorn, and receive a trinket that is actually a kidney from the encounter.
    etc...

Deleted
    i started in Azuna with my shammy and i really hate leveling atm... want to do someting else instead. i like raiding so i have to endure all this. in Wod i skipped some parts of zones or quests with dungeon leveling, now sadly it is not an option anymore. hopefully other zones are better.

For me I always have to log as soon as I finish leveling, I pull an all nighter for it so I'm usually pretty buggered (in Aus so it started at 5pm) this was the first one in a long time where I got a couple hours sleep and that was enough. I felt good enough to get back in and play some more, it's been a very long time since WoW has grabbed my attention hard enough for that.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yes, the personal attacks come in. I suppose I should have expected as much from you. I'm disappointed in you. You seem very defensive for Blizzard -- I wonder why.
    AHAHAHAH. Look at my post history. The idea that I'm some kind of fanboy is just idiotic, much like the rest of your posts here.

If someone grinds to 110 then whines that they hated every minute of it... that's just inane. If you quest to 110 but hate questing, you're a fool. Run dungeons instead. Take some fucking responsibility for what you do.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-09-01 at 04:44 PM.