Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Oh I forgot to ask what rules you want for the battle. 6v6? And restricted to 50 I guess?
    Yeah sounds good like you tried it first time. All good now!

Deleted
    GG, Nice battle ^^

Could not find a way to gt around that Sableye even though I got really lucky spores there.

Deleted
    GG! That was quite the back and forth! Two of my pokemon asleep and then sableye waking up with 5 HP. If that fell stinger knocked him out I'm not sure how I would have gotten back from it.

Edit: yeah sableye is annoying as hell to try and overcome. I quite like your team. Trevenant (especially shiny) is one of my favorites so always nice to see him get used! I probably should have let my mandibuzz live longer (given he's immune to powder moves and hail and has brave bird) so not 100% happy with that early knock-out there. =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    GG! That was quite the back and forth! Two of my pokemon asleep and then sableye waking up with 5 HP. If that fell stinger knocked him out I'm not sure how I would have gotten back from it.

Edit: yeah sableye is annoying as hell to try and overcome. I quite like your team. Trevenant (especially shiny) is one of my favorites so always nice to see him get used! I probably should have let my mandibuzz live longer (given he's immune to powder moves and hail and has brave bird) so not 100% happy with that early knock-out there. =/
    I guess I should have made a bit more thought out team to give a better challenge but it was cool anyway.

Edit: I also liked the Shiny Sableye especially, many people don't like yellows/greens like that but I find it 10x more awesome than the regular version ^^ Also Bisharp looks amazing as a Shiny!
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2016-09-01 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Yep. I feel my team is hanging reasonably well together, although I don't like that my finisher Hydreigon 'needs' a scarf. Protean life orb greninja would be perfect for that spot but alas, he's uber now thanks to gunk shot. Maybe gen 7 will bring me a fast special dark sweeper, fingers crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I also liked the Shiny Sableye especially, many people don't like yellows/greens like that but I find it 10x more awesome than the regular version ^^ Also Bisharp looks amazing as a Shiny!
    My decisions for team building may or may not be influenced by the coolness of the shiny form. Just shiny Mandibuzz is a bit boring but he's quite a good fit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Yep. I feel my team is hanging reasonably well together, although I don't like that my finisher Hydreigon 'needs' a scarf. Protean life orb greninja would be perfect for that spot but alas, he's uber now thanks to gunk shot. Maybe gen 7 will bring me a fast special dark sweeper, fingers crossed!
    Yep. Such a shame that no new Dark types have been revealed so far. Alternate Persian might be interesting though since even now it's pretty cool special attacker after a Nasty Plot boost with Technician and a wide special movepool.

And yeah, Mandibuzz is very solid in pretty much any team but the shiny form is not all that special compared to the normal version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alolan Ratatta. Dark/Normal. Ratatta was overpopulated on Alola, so Yungoose was introduced to hunt them and reduce the numbers. But Ratatta were smart and became active at night, to avoid the Yungoose which are active during the day. So they became Dark/Normal.

Elaborated on the Z-moves and Stones. Plus an exclusive Z-Move + Stone Munchlax distribution during the first few months of SM release.

Dammit 'tendo! During a 3DS Direct, they transitioned into talking about the Wii-U while I was tabbed out. And they talked about Twilight Princess HD and I thought we were getting it on 3DS and I almost had a heart attack ._.

- - - Updated - - -

Specific Pokemon have Z-moves exclusive to that species. Munchlax/Snorlax get a Mario style ass-ground pound. Or maybe its just Snorlax.

Alolan Ratatta live in nests of up to 7. They take orders from Boss Raticates. They have noses finely tuned to foods. They'll only eat fresh. They have mouse-taches.

- - - Updated - - -

Other news from the direct:
    Yokai Watch. 2 versions akin to Pokemon releases. Version exclusive Yokai. The original Watch, Yokai Watch Zero, with new features.
    Super Mario Maker 3DS. It's the Wii-U one with less level finding parameters (from what I could understand, you can't search for levels via code). Built for sharing local wirelessly.
    Pikmin. 2017 title.
    Mario Supersports or something. Soccerr, Tennis, Golf, Horseracing and Baseball. 2017 title.
    A new Mario Party. New fast paced real time Toad game mode. 2017 title.
    Forever Oasis.
    Dragon Quest 7 and 8 (stream crashed so I didn't get to see it).
    Indie titles. 1 every week on both Wii-U and 3DS eShops.
    Yoshi's Wooly World 3DS. Same levels as Wii-U, and new Poochy levels. 2017 title.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing majorly Zelda noteworthy (IMO). Original LoZ on the NES console thing. Dark Horse Comics doing 3 Zelda books. New amiibos; 8bit Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link and Toon Zelda and I think something else.Hyrule Warriors dlc based on Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Sanic Bewm: Fir n Ic. Ur fav Sanic cars get elephantal powers! Incloods som episodes from the papular Sanic Bewm enimated sewies!!!!!!!!!!!?!!

Next SM news on September 6th at 2200 JST.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Pokémon Channel uploaded a video demonstrating what Auxis just posted.

- - - Updated - - -

I was beaten to the post, it seems.

Deleted
    Great! A-Raichu is now even more punchable! I do t5hink those specific Z-moves are a bit too long compared to general ones though. Why does Snorlax come to full stop, killing his momentum, just before he performs his buttpress? I kinda find the running useless. They should ust show him with glimmering eyes, jumping up and then do the superjumpbuttstomp. Now I also want the player to have a cap like Munchlax, would be great!

Since you get him from the start, I sincerely hope they look through his movepool while he levels up. Chip away at 17 and bodyslam at 25, make him kinda boring. The first is great if trainers use annoying avoidance or defenseboots and the second is just nice in general. At least I know who I'm gonna use for the StrengthHM, if it's still a thing. Well, looking at the Z-move, he might be able to learn flying press. I would use it just for this. Smelling salt in combination with Body slam is also possible.

Did they mention Muchlax' ability? Pickup would be kinda wierd with him having a z-stone but overall it would still be useful for a normal playthrough.

Other than that Ratticate kinda feels like Meowth in a sense. The type makes it a bit more useful but it has still shit stats. Though this is kinda what underused Pokemon should have gotten instead of Megaevolution, which also got used for very popular Pokemon.

ED: Me was wrong about Munchlax being UK preorder only. It is just like Torchic and the Metagrossthingie
    ED2: For those interested in the Nintendoconsole (I might give one to my mother for christmas, lol):
    • Balloon Fight
    • BUBBLE BOBBLE
    • Castlevania
    • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
    • Donkey Kong
    • Donkey Kong Jr.
    • DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
    • Dr. Mario
    • Excitebike
    • FINAL FANTASY
    • Galaga
    • GHOSTS'N GOBLINS
    • GRADIUS
    • Ice Climber
    • Kid Icarus
    • Kirby's Adventure
    • Mario Bros.
    • MEGA MAN 2
    • Metroid
    • NINJA GAIDEN
    • PAC-MAN
    • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
    • StarTropics
    • SUPER C
    • Super Mario Bros.
    • Super Mario Bros. 2
    • Super Mario Bros. 3
    • Tecmo Bowl
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

You also need a USB-plug-adapter if you want to use it normally. They only include a Controller, HDMI-cable and a normal USB-cable.
    I just haven't found a price for it :/ (ED: probs 60-70 bucks)

ED3: Fuck me! the console was a thing for ages already. Why did I never noce that? Now I'm just a tiny bit sad that they use different controllers. It would be kinda amazing to plug old ones in to play
    ED4: I think if they made a similar thing for the SNES I would kill people for it.
    Last edited by mmocdfca36c20d; 2016-09-01 at 04:31 PM.

We were not prepared for the moment he would awake.

Now the world will face his wrath.

You cannot run,you cannot hide,you can scream if you want.But in the end...

You are not prepared...for the Pulverizing Pancake.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    Yep. Such a shame that no new Dark types have been revealed so far. Alternate Persian might be interesting though since even now it's pretty cool special attacker after a Nasty Plot boost with Technician and a wide special movepool.
    Well I would be more interested in finishing off weakened pokemon than requiring a boost to sweep, but 115 speed is exactly what I'm looking for so maybe it'll work out; will have to wait what changes persian gets exactly. Or the fire starter evolves into a fire/dark special sweeper, that could be nice as well.

Third shiny vulpix had drought btw, just houndour now. Anyone has any cool ideas for nicknames for shiny rapidash and/or houndoom? Nothing pegasus-related preferably.

For those who haven't seen it, I've stumbled across a gif of Gengar's (or, more likely, the ghost type) Z-Move:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Carbot released a video regarding pokémon, if anyone fancies a laugh:

Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2016-09-01 at 10:10 PM.

With the Dark Ratatta reveal, I'm certain water Arcanine is a thing. Both were on the leaked list, so I'm hyped for it. Expecting it to receive the Vulpix / Ninetails treatment and have a look similar to this or something.

Have a feeling they've done away with most hm's as well. Probably use Pokeride to get around, flying being the feature in ORAS with the Latias and Latios or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Korean Rating Board has put out a rating for a special piece of software: the Pokemon Sun and Moon Special Trial Version. It is currently unknown if this will act like the ORAS demo.

From serebii front page.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    The Korean Rating Board has put out a rating for a special piece of software: the Pokemon Sun and Moon Special Trial Version. It is currently unknown if this will act like the ORAS demo.

From serebii front page.
    Well datamining inc.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

From serebii front page.
    Hopefully everyone then get's to have the same and not just a retarded Snowball :/

Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    Hopefully everyone then get's to have the same and not just a retarded Snowball :/
    You could get the other mega stone in game though, so it wasn't really a big deal in the end. Hell, you didn't even need the demo to get the glailite anyways, you could get it in game too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You could get the other mega stone in game though, so it wasn't really a big deal in the end. Hell, you didn't even need the demo to get the glailite anyways, you could get it in game too.
    Yeah, but it was kinda late or at least felt that way. I also assumed I wouldn't be able to get it at all on my first playthrough. It's not as bad as Salamencite though.
    PS: One of the few things I disliked is actually just that, the timing when you can get some Megastones.

ED: With that being said, I hope you can still get Megastones in the new region. I kinda wanna play with Megacharizard Y again, but also don't wanna reset one of my games.
    Curious if they ever implement multiple savefiles on a single cartridge.
    Last edited by mmocdfca36c20d; 2016-09-02 at 06:46 PM.

Pokemon cypher 2016 will be out 9/17, the day before my birthday! Not bad!