Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

So basically everyone wants to reroll fire mage/DH or WW monk?

So is everyone bar those 3 specs unhappy about their class and believe they are "trash, bottom tier, garbage, clunky, boring" and wants to be a fire mage, a rogue or a DH? Because all I see in each class discussion is a wall of whining about how each spec sucks and that the grass is always greener somewhere else.
    Warlocks complaining about not being mages, DKs complaining about not being monks mobility wise, hunters complaining about being terrible while 3 other forums believe they are op, even DH pretending they are trash and that "all other melee are much better,so much fun,great,im rerolling"

Whats the deal with this huge FOTM herd mentality? I've never seen this to such a magnitude in previous expansions? Is it because the majority of specs suck if you are not a fire mage or a DH? Or is it just that...FOTM in its most obvious form?

So many specs changed so significantly many people aren't happy with the changes and are looking for an excuse or simply just want to find something like their old style.

Go figure when you drastically change so many specs a lot of people don't like it. To an extent this goes for DH who had 3 large phases throughout beta, the middle one being considered the best by quite a few who disliked changes (such as eyebeam 'leaving' the ST rotation to any degree of importance, demon blades being strong, different talent tree etc)

We had a very long 'beta' given how much content was on alpha, so the class is already more mature than previous ones were on launch with only 2 specs to focus on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    So is everyone bar those 3 specs unhappy about their class and believe they are "trash, bottom tier, garbage, clunky, boring" and wants to be a fire mage, a rogue or a DH? Because all I see in each class discussion is a wall of whining about how each spec sucks and that the grass is always greener somewhere else.
    Warlocks complaining about not being mages, DKs complaining about not being monks mobility wise, hunters complaining about being terrible while 3 other forums believe they are op, even DH pretending they are trash and that "all other melee are much better,so much fun,great,im rerolling"

Whats the deal with this huge FOTM herd mentality? I've never seen this to such a magnitude in previous expansions? Is it because the majority of specs suck if you are not a fire mage or a DH? Or is it just that...FOTM in its most obvious form?
    It's because Rogues essentially got a whole NEW spec, DH's are brand new & are reasonably powerful in AoE & fire mages are fire mages. When you compare those three classes to the others of course they look boring/old - so people will want to try the FOTM.

Warlocks do tank damage but aren't tanks, there's a problem. DKs have no mobility, that won't be changed in a hotfix. They are all valid complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So many specs changed so significantly many people aren't happy with the changes and are looking for an excuse or simply just want to find something like their old style.

Go figure when you drastically change so many specs a lot of people don't like it.
    Yeah and the opposite is true as well. There are a lot of specs I enjoy now that I hated before. It's just people pay more attention to someone crying than to someone quietly playing.

I think it's too easy to take your point of view many people are simply looking for a lot of the things that made them fall in love with their character. There are some of my characters where I enjoy more now because they kept the flavor of the class, some could use some of the old flavor (i.e hunters with no traps). Others the changes are so drastic they no longer appeal to anyone it's not FOTM mentality as much as people trying to get back what they liked about their characters.

What doesn't help is if any spec is OP this expac, Blizz will keep them that way so as not to hurt players feelings.

because people are dumb as fuck - they see mythic raiders already in 840+ pushing those toons to max atm and try to copy them only they dont realise that a lot of them already have 3rd relic slot are closing in on 2nd gold dragon and are able to push those classes to high point - while random joe comes in hc dungeon where they see them in 810 itlv with very few traits on artifact (i bet most of casual players dont even have first gold dragon yet since they just begin to learn how artifact stuff works ) , most of people probably didnt even start class campaing and expect to do same numbers which is lunacy

today in random dungeon i had retarded warlock crying and spaming chat for few minutes how locks are f... by blizzard instead doin f... dps while i was pushing as much as i can to push group further - at some point i had enough and just droped group since i cba to carry people who rather type then push those button to do dps.

face it - hc dungeons are now atm flooded with crappy players who just got to max level did few world quests and jumped into instances - they push below 10th percentile but comapre themselves to people pushing char to max - its retarded. im sure a lot of them will reroll to mages and dh and still will be shit because they dont realise how much work pushing htose high numbers actually is. shit person on DH will still do shit numbers . shit mage will do shit burst and whine why his numebrs are low . and all of them will be week + behind on artifact still feeling that something is wrong only wont blame themselves for it.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-06 at 11:30 PM.

Loving ret + prot pala atm
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Warlocks are some of the best non-tanks in the game, to bad their dps suffers as compensation.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to balance the dps classes. We shouldn't have classes that OP.

whiners gonna whine.

I think alot of players can only see what they lost and ignore what they gained or how they are positioned relative to everything else. Players have terrible confirmation bias for their class, everything about their class needs buff while everyone else needs nerfs.

Then there is also the idea that the top performers are merely average and everything else is 'weak' when the truth is that the 'middle of the pack' is the average and everything either side is either too strong or too weak. Often enough i hear people refer to 'middle of the pack' as a bad thing when its really where players should assume their spec should be.

So basically, fire mages/ww monks being too strong doesnt mean that your spec is too weak, your spec may be tuned to perfection in that case while that other spec is just imballanced

WW monk is just fun.. id be happy being mid tier playing a WW

If BM hunter didnt do well in mythic dungeons I wouldnt play that class, its so boring.

One thing about rogues is they are so strong on trash with marked for death. It's a ridiculous talent for add heavy boss fights too, but dungeons are very trash heavy and Outlaw just excels at trash. Other classes are great on trash too like hunters, so it's not just rogues. I've seen some good paladins, some good priests. I haven't seen many warlock or shaman DPS though.

I rerolled rogue in Legion because it was fun and Ret just felt really boring. So it's hard to say this is "FOTM herd" since my assumption is that most people probably re-rolled for the same reasons or similar. I'm not sure how many players ACTUALLY re-roll due to tuning like you're suggesting.

Further, you are experiencing what's called the recency effect, where you downplay prior events (expansions) when compared to recent events, since you have more data at your disposal (short term memory) for recent events. Perhaps you're forgetting how many DKs there were when Wrath launched. It was a fucking DK zoo in every raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm satisfied with my Feral Druid at the moment.

I know, I know, it's FotM if there ever was one...
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    It's frustrating seeing a few specs dominate so hard right now, but I'm certain we'll see some significant balance changes in the coming weeks so hopefully things will be more sane by the time mythic raids are released. There is no way they'll leave e.g Fire and FR Arms the way they are now.

Warlocks are the ones with the most to complain about and rightly so. We were altered dramatically to make way for Demon Hunters and everything about it is sloppy and poorly done. Blizzard won't bother fixing until the next expansion (if that) because they know we're one of the least played classes around. They haven't bothered to give us anything new and interesting but they have for classes like rogues who got a massive upgrade in fun and power with the new Outlaw specialization. Not that I'm complaining that other classes got something nice, but it's a bit ridiculous how poorly we're treated in comparison.

people crying about ww monk when hes not even over the top on single target its just that the cooldown skills all deal AoE damage aswell

I have been switching back and forth between my mage and lock, both 110, Lock is only about 825 item lvl, and my mage is a fresh 110 with about 812 item lvl, and IMO at the moment Mages are leaps and bounds ahead of locks with every spec not just Fire. Afflictions ramp up time is way to slow, and on certain fights the mobs will remove those slow ass ramp up dots negating a good portion of your dmg, not to mention their talents seem mediocre at best Soul Effigy is the same shitty mechanic mages had in the last expansion was fortunately removed with his expansion. Destro has clunky mechanics with havoc, and the one talent should be a passive talent and destro should be given something else. The only positive for the lock atm is solo questing I can solo most anything, other than that they need some serious work.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2016-09-07 at 12:06 AM.