Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    So the Darkmoon trinket for tanks was recently buffed. Would the new amount of bonus armor make it desirable?
    Was using it before due to the great might of RNGesus not giving me any drops whatsoever.

Deleted
    I'll use it against heavy melee bosses.

Deleted
    What are the best trinkets pre raid?
    I'm currently running the alchemy stone and the heirloom.
    All items are 850 besides the trinket where i didn't have a single drop yet. But i would run the heroics daily for specific trinkets if i know which will be best

Not sure if I missed it in the thread somewhere, but I have a question on trinkets. What would be best for survivability, a trinket with primary stats (such as agility and/or stamina), one with a secondary stat and a proc or one with a mix between primary and secondary? And on the same subject, what would be better for damage output?

I just don't want to struggle on threat the way we did when 7.0.3 was released, and I'm hoping for some pointers.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aswadd View Post
    Not sure if I missed it in the thread somewhere, but I have a question on trinkets. What would be best for survivability, a trinket with primary stats (such as agility and/or stamina), one with a secondary stat and a proc or one with a mix between primary and secondary? And on the same subject, what would be better for damage output?

I just don't want to struggle on threat the way we did when 7.0.3 was released, and I'm hoping for some pointers.

Thanks.
    Seems to be a common question, i think for DPS right now disregarding any bugged trinkets, Horn of Valor and Alch trinket are probably your go to DPS trinkets.
    Few i haven't tested out yet like the new blademasterish one from Court of Stars (Windscar Whetstone).

Defensively there are a few options, most of the dungeon trinkets are super mediocre, haven't had a chance to test Coagulated Nightwell Residue from Arcway or the Shivermaw's Jawbone from VH, but i have some higher hopes.
    Something like Darkmoon Card / One of the average dungeon trinkets or even an Agi + Vers/Mastery stat stick works well.
    Currently just running Horn/Alch and hording all the tank trinkets in the hopes they get buffed.

A little offtopic but Im sure this could help others.
    Do you guys have some approximate weights of a damage build? I only use guardian for world quests and some ocasional dungeons (wich I already got some weigths here).

Deleted
    I'm quite sure our BiS def trinket (besides DMC:I against heavy melee bosses) is the PVP trinket with passiv mastery + 20 sec vers. use every 60 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpsm8 View Post
    Seems to be a common question, i think for DPS right now disregarding any bugged trinkets, Horn of Valor and Alch trinket are probably your go to DPS trinkets.
    Few i haven't tested out yet like the new blademasterish one from Court of Stars (Windscar Whetstone).

Defensively there are a few options, most of the dungeon trinkets are super mediocre, haven't had a chance to test Coagulated Nightwell Residue from Arcway or the Shivermaw's Jawbone from VH, but i have some higher hopes.
    Something like Darkmoon Card / One of the average dungeon trinkets or even an Agi + Vers/Mastery stat stick works well.
    Currently just running Horn/Alch and hording all the tank trinkets in the hopes they get buffed.
    "Hoarding all the tank trinkets" holy shit. I wish I had this luxury. I'm at 90+ heroic/mythic dungeons completed and I've literally only seen two tanking trinkets drop. It is one of the best ones I think, though. The armor one from Violet Hold, Impenetrable Nerubian Husk, it didn't upgrade but the armor you get from it stacks with Ironfur. On average it "only" gives you 1650 armor (about a 25% increase) but it stacks with Ironfur, so you can nearly double your armor with that proc.

The other one is from Vault of Wardens, Orb of Torment, but that thing is incredibly bad currently, especially for Guardian Druids imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    "Hoarding all the tank trinkets" holy shit. I wish I had this luxury. I'm at 90+ heroic/mythic dungeons completed and I've literally only seen two tanking trinkets drop. It is one of the best ones I think, though. The armor one from Violet Hold, Impenetrable Nerubian Husk, it didn't upgrade but the armor you get from it stacks with Ironfur. On average it "only" gives you 1650 armor (about a 25% increase) but it stacks with Ironfur, so you can nearly double your armor with that proc.

The other one is from Vault of Wardens, Orb of Torment, but that thing is incredibly bad currently, especially for Guardian Druids imo.
    The problem with this trinket is that we hit armor cap at 3 iron fur stacks. When we get gory fur, the trinket's almost worthless, as I'd imagine you hit armor cap at 2 stacks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    The problem with this trinket is that we hit armor cap at 3 iron fur stacks. When we get gory fur, the trinket's almost worthless, as I'd imagine you hit armor cap at 2 stacks with it.
    Armor cap? I've reached insane amounts of armor with it. Can't remember 100% correctly, but it was either 83 or 87% reduction. I'll test it in a bit.

Edit: Got to 83% with 3 Ironfurs and Trinket proc up.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-09-11 at 08:52 PM.

Armor cap being 85%, i dont think its a concern at all. Not like you even maintain 2 stacks at 100% uptime...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Armor cap being 85%, i dont think its a concern at all. Not like you even maintain 2 stacks at 100% uptime...
    Ah cool, thanks for the exact number. Yeah with 85% cap, it's no concern, the fourth Ironfur might only work for 50% but 4 stacks is really rare and overkill in the first place.

Ah cool, thanks for the exact number. Yeah with 85% cap, it's no concern, the fourth Ironfur might only work for 50% but 4 stacks is really rare and overkill in the first place.
    Problem Will get bigger with higher ilvl though. More base armor. Less ironfur efficiency.

At least Maul Will be useful when we reach Cap at 3 ironfurs.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Problem Will get bigger with higher ilvl though. More base armor. Less ironfur efficiency.

At least Maul Will be useful when we reach Cap at 3 ironfurs.
    Yeah, but at that point you're in raids already. I'm not even close to the armor cap with 3 furs and I'm at 845 item level. Pre-raid it's definitely one of the better trinkets I think, although my choice with shit RNG is really, really limited.

Yeah, but at that point you're in raids already. I'm not even close to the armor cap with 3 furs and I'm at 845 item level. Pre-raid it's definitely one of the better trinkets I think, although my choice with shit RNG is really, really limited.
    Ye, what I meant was next patch, 7.2 or onwards. If they don't change anything scaling wise then, we'll have a cap issue relatively early on in the tier.

Mastery vs Versatality doesnt make sense to me.

Mostly because very very few pieces of gear have it. Does anyone have any advice on how to realistically pick gear?

My mastery is around 14% and vers is around 8%.

Does anyone know if the relics that increase thrash damage through jagged claws increase the damage of the dot, initial hit or both? I have a 840 (titanforged) Perpetual Spring and just got another artifact for the same slot that is Jagged Claws. I have 13 points into Claws of Ashamane and do about 1 cat dungeon a week when my friend who is a tank is actually online the same time I am. The cats life relic is 825 and the survival instinct duration increase one, which is ew.

Being a bear 95% of the time I might get enough use out of swapping my 840 life relics on my bear if jagged claws increases full bleed damage, versus the more significant increase on my offspec I play rarely. Thoughts?

Did anyone else suddenly get a huge health spike? I went from 2.1m health to 2.7m health (caster form) and from 3.55m to 4.36m in bear form.

Edit: My stamina went from ~50-55k (not sure anymore) to 64.5k. Mastery remained the same. The only explanation I came up with is that the bonus on our artifacts weren't working up until now (0.75% stamina per trait you've unlocked). That's about 23% extra stamina for me, that somewhat adds up.

Edit2: Maybe the damage trait bonus wasn't working either, that could really boost our much needed threat generation.

Edit: Apparently it was a bug, back to normal health again. :shrug:
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-09-12 at 10:03 PM.

Seditian, I'll check this when I am home tonight.

Did anyone else suddenly get a huge health spike? I went from 2.1m health to 2.7m health (caster form) and from 3.55m to 4.36m in bear form.

Edit: My stamina went from ~50-55k (not sure anymore) to 64.5k. Mastery remained the same. The only explanation I came up with is that the bonus on our artifacts weren't working up until now (0.75% stamina per trait you've unlocked). That's about 23% extra stamina for me, that somewhat adds up.

Edit2: Maybe the damage trait bonus wasn't working either, that could really boost our much needed threat generation.
    I haven't seen any change to my stamina/hp today on US-Thrall, hopefully this hotfix is in the process of being rolled out.