Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Yeah, even the BFG did better.
    Compared to all the other financial downers this year Warcraft is one of the more lucky ones.
    If we do agree that Warcraft "flopped", then its really sad Toby ends up in 2 movies that flopped.

At least if we do count Warcraft as a flop. We all know it wasn't taken by storm, so there's that XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    If we do agree that Warcraft "flopped", then its really sad Toby ends up in 2 movies that flopped.

At least if we do count Warcraft as a flop. We all know it wasn't taken by storm, so there's that XD
    I guess you could say he's Ben Hurt before?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I guess you could say he's Ben Hurt before?
    Hey A Monster Calls did well! At least review wise. And Toby is in it too

Deleted

He was also in Fantastic Four last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    He was also in Fantastic Four last year.
    That movie was also mentioned in this article.

Warcraft’s Duncan Jones Is the Latest Director to Blame Box-Office Failure on Studio Troubles
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was shocked at how much I actually liked the movie. And was even more shocked to find out my girlfriend and her kids who have zero connection to the warcraft universe absolutely loved it as well. They want a sequel, it was hard to break the news that one is not likely especially with baby thrall at the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I was shocked at how much I actually liked the movie. And was even more shocked to find out my girlfriend and her kids who have zero connection to the warcraft universe absolutely loved it as well. They want a sequel, it was hard to break the news that one is not likely especially with baby thrall at the end.
    It was in fact a decent movie. I know a bad movie when i see one and this was not one of those cringy movies.
    I will never understand the hate of social media.

Bunch of pretentious bastard snobs who hate the videogame industry.
    It should be written on paper that this was the best videogame movie to date. There is no competition whatsoever.

Remember the movie is coming out on Digital HD TOMORROW in the US

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It was in fact a decent movie. I know a bad movie when i see one and this was not one of those cringy movies.
    Same here. It's obvious as hell that Warcraft had its own flaws and problems (included reasons tied to the studio's decisions) but I wonder if anyone saying that Warcraft is an outright "bad" movie watched an actual bad movie ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Same here. It's obvious as hell that Warcraft had its own flaws and problems (included reasons tied to the studio's decisions) but I wonder if anyone saying that Warcraft is an outright "bad" movie watched an actual bad movie ever.
    We know that one reviewer who said Super Mairo Bros. was better

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I wonder if anyone saying that Warcraft is an outright "bad" movie watched an actual bad movie ever.
    There are bands of movies based on the budget. Live action parts of Warcraft are definitely not in $160M range. Not even in $60M. Moreover, it is not a masterpiece of a director's work either. It is mediocre, and I don't have any idea where the money went, as acting and props are on par with Uwe Boll's productions (no joke here). I highly doubt "stars" like Foster, Kebbell, or Patton require high spending. Most likely it went to CG to create hires orcs which looks fake like hell despite that, because their design is retarded.

Any attempts to blame the mismanaged budget on studio demanding editing are inane searching for excuse. A lame script and an unexperienced director are what doomed the movie (and the entire franchise, it seems now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yeah, the one who gave a 4/5 to Dragon Ball Evolution.

And as expected, the heroic Tackhisis was triggered. Too bad he's ignored. Such a pity.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

That same person also called the movie "Battlefield Earth of 21st century", yet it came out in 2000... he should go back to school.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-09-12 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    That same person also called the movie "Battlefield Earth of 21st century", yet it came out in 2000... he should go back to school.
    To be fair, it wasn't the same person. The "Battlefield Earth of 21st century" came from the "indie" guy.

Deleted
    Are we gonna get any in-game goodies with the purchase of the bluray?

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Are we gonna get any in-game goodies with the purchase of the bluray?
    Not from what the box cover or back says so nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century

"The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on 1 January 2001 and will end on 31 December 2100."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Wonder how limited that "select" version is? I looked up a picture of the box art but didn't run across that. Nice find for those that intend to buy it and play some blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I looked up a picture of the box art but didn't run across that.
    Because it's an extra package either attached to the box or given on checkout.

Meanwhile, BDRIPs have been available for a while. The subtitles have quite a number of errors, though.

- - - Updated - - -

The DVD extras are quite disappointing: gag reel is mostly about mocap actors having fun and the Westfall scene in particular. Most extras are in the movie too.
    In the beginning, we can see a bit of Terry Notary as a peon, and Durotan kills one Dark Scar as a test of entry. (2 mins long)
    In Ironforge scenes, there are more lines about Dwarven steel ploughshares and warrior's curse.
    In Lion's Pride scene, there are some placeholder gryphon CGI and a bard singing that song.
    Then there is a throne room scene, starting with "The Black Morass." and ending with "He's more powerful than you think."
    The meeting scene has one extra line of a delegate saying "Floppy-eared fucks" aside.
    The market scene features Metzen selling aphrodisiacs, blue background and Patton in her natural color.
    The inn scene has extra part when Garona hits Lothar a couple of times and then he's trying to take her on a table. There was also a parting scene, but it's not there.

There is extra part with Antonidas and Khadgar forswearing the Guardian position. There were a scene of pissed Khadgar leaving Dalaran, but it's not there.

There may be 9 minutes of new footage.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-09-15 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    For someone who hates this movie, you shouldn't bump the thread.

LOL