Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Here you show what little lore you know. Blood elves have green eyes, High Elves (what little remains of them) have blue yes. Now, go out there and learn why is this.
    Because of the fel corruption. But Kael'thas renamed his people to Blood Elves before they were dealing with any kind of fel. So all High Elves from that point on were called Blood Elves, green eyes or blue eyes, doesn't matter.

Sorry, bra, but I do know the lore.

Blood Elves wasn't a name that was chosen because of any fel corruption. It was a name to honor the hardships of his people. The blood that was spilled. If he renamed them because of the fel corruption he would've called them Fel Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    Because of the fel corruption. But Kael'thas renamed his people to Blood Elves before they were dealing with any kind of fel. So all High Elves from that point on were called Blood Elves, green eyes or blue eyes, doesn't matter.

Kael can rename whatever he wants, even being Prince, all the High Elves ingame were the ones that rejected his ways. That's the difference. So, being a Blood elf is first, a political statement, and second: a magic state (fel infused). Alleria isn't politically affiliated with BE, nor did she got infused with fel. She is High Elf, not BE, as much as you want her to be (which is pretty hard, noone knows why).

/facepalm. That's all I can say about this, and the other 129030438 threads about how much all of you hate the "not holy lawful good character".
    Me too. Makes me cringe at how sad it really is.

Deleted
    Kael can rename whatever he wants, even being Prince, all the High Elves ingame were the ones that rejected his ways. That's the difference. So, being a Blood elf is first, a political statement, and second: a magic state (fel infused). Alleria isn't politically affiliated with BE, nor did she got infused with fel. She is High Elf, not BE, as much as you want her to be (which is pretty hard, noone knows why).
    No, Blood Elves are High Elves. Kael literally says that he renames his people to Blood Elves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE1TGCw2k6g

1:15

I seriously doubt Sylvanas would join the Legion. Her entire redemptive arc this expansion is intended to be her self-sacrifice in finally doing what's right for her people (the Forsaken, the Horde) instead of her own selfish actions. It implies that in her bio on the official WoW Legion page.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, Blood Elves are High Elves. Kael literally says that he renames his people to Blood Elves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE1TGCw2k6g

1:15
    not everyone accepted it and followed kaels ways.
    around 10% of the remaining thalassian population kept the name and joined the alliance.

the sole reasons why the alliance doesnt have them as playable race is because they are very few in number and look (except the eyes) identical to the blood elves and the alliance would have 2 elven races, which would lead to the horde loosing most of its playerbase.

alleria wasnt there when the scourge attacked, alleria did not taste fel nor did she sucked out the energy out of beings to feed some for her non existent mana addiction.

she is a high elf.
    end of discussion.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-11 at 07:18 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the sole reasons why the alliance doesnt have them as playable race is because they are very few in number and look (except the eyes) identical to the blood elves
    Right, they look the same. They are the same race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I seriously doubt Sylvanas would join the Legion. Her entire redemptive arc this expansion is intended to be her self-sacrifice in finally doing what's right for her people (the Forsaken, the Horde) instead of her own selfish actions. It implies that in her bio on the official WoW Legion page.
    There is a redemption arc for Sylvanas? When does that happen, when she hurls plague barrels at Alliance gryphon riders?

Deleted
    I dont thoink that Sylvanas will ever think about for joining in the legion.She hates Legion more than Arhtas itself who techically get beter chances to keep her Immortal

7+ Year Old Account
    Right, they look the same. They are the same race.
    they are the same race, they arent the same politicaly.

alleria is not a blood elf, get it in your head.

Formerly known as Arafal

There is a redemption arc for Sylvanas? When does that happen, when she hurls plague barrels at Alliance gryphon riders?
    It is happening throughout this expansion. She'll have to work up to it; there will probably be some more story toward this in the mini-Helheim raid since that will involve the valkyrs more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    It is happening throughout this expansion. She'll have to work up to it; there will probably be some more story toward this in the mini-Helheim raid since that will involve the valkyrs more.

I've read that text before. There's nothing about redemption in there. They are teasing her turning on the Horde and the Forsaken.

I've read that text before. There's nothing about redemption in there. They are teasing her turning on the Horde and the Forsaken.
    I think its the voices in your head that are teasing you.

Deleted
    There is literally no difference between High Elf and Blood Elf, it's just a name change. One day Kael'thas said, "I named our people Blood Elves" and that was it. This even happened way before they started absorbing fel energies, in WC3 Frozen Throne.
    According your logic, all Americans are communists, because North Koreans are communists and both people are humans.

High Elven and Blood Elven difference nowadays is completely political. The High Elves remnants are with the Alliance (or never left, like the case of Alleria) and the Blood Elves are with the Horde.

This is not up for the debate.

Does the Horde Warchief job not have a fast enough turnover rate already for everyone?

Blood Elves wasn't a name that was chosen because of any fel corruption. It was a name to honor the hardships of his people. The blood that was spilled. If he renamed them because of the fel corruption he would've called them Fel Elves.
    No BRO ya dont. Not all elves followed kael. There are still high elves in the alliance. The reason people bring up "they are the same thing" is because in game besides the eyes, which would be covered by helms, they look the same. The high elves arent even allowed back into quel'thalas with permission and armed guard.

Cricital thinking is something you cant have because you are a nitwit troll filled with headcanon lawl stupidty.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    No BRO ya dont. Not all elves followed kael.
    That doesn't matter, Kael renamed his people, doesn't matter if they followed him.

There is no genetic difference between Blood Elves and High Elves, like there is between Night Elves and High Elves/Blood Elves. There is literally no difference between Blood and High Elves.

That doesn't matter, Kael renamed his people, doesn't matter if they followed him.

There is no genetic difference between Blood Elves and High Elves, like there is between Night Elves and High Elves/Blood Elves. There is literally no difference between Blood and High Elves.
    Blood elves started to consume fel magic that's a huge difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hmm, isn't it just the Silver Covenant that is with the Alliance?
    The Silver Covenant is one of the only organized groups that include a large number of High Elves. Not all of the High Elves left belong to it, and it's a joint militaristic venture between the Kirin Tor, and the High Elves.

I forget the details, but there was a couple quests in Hyjal in Cata that involved new ones being grudgingly admitted to the Alliance, but no mention of any groups or organizations they might have joined.

Unless, of course, Metzen or Kosak pull a new group of them out of their butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    she won't join the legion. that'd be like her joining arthas of her own will
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Blood elves started to consume fel magic that's a huge difference.
    And the other Blood Elves didn't consume fel energy. Still the same race. We don't call Night Elf Demon Hunters a different name, they are still Night Elves.

Blood Elves are called Blood Elves because Kael'thas renamed them, to honor their hardships and their fallen people.

Sorry, you're wrong.