Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm gonna call her "Ill-ary" from now on instead of "Hillary."
    All those press conferences she's held the past year must really be taking their toll....oh wait. Then perhaps it's all that rich food she's eating dining with the elites every other day...probably a severe case gout.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You know that there are gay people against equal marriage yes?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22758434
    First dude is opposed to the ceremony not the legal rights. Others are opposed because they view marriage as a flawed concept in general, not specifically against equal marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    All those press conferences she's held the past year must really be taking their toll....oh wait. Then perhaps it's all that rich food she's eating dining with the elites every other day...probably a severe case gout.
    Fun fact -- only about 12% of gout cases are attributed to diet. It's mostly genetic.

Another fun fact -- most people have their first gout attack in their 30s.

This image of gout as an old rich person's disease caused by excess is actually fairly untrue.

Dying from eating too much rich food sounds like a good way to go to me. Better than dying of too many hot pockets and ramen noodles at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

10+ Year Old Account
    If she really does have pneumonia, as her spin team is now saying... that means she most likely spread the highly contagious disease to her daughter and granddaughter the prior day. So either she's lying or stupid, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    There's no logical reason to be against it. Phobias are illogical, therefore..
    You're missing a step. You'd need to show that all illogical decisions are phobic, and that's a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Victim complex initiation spotted!!

The problem is that the right wing posters are the quickest to resort to bashing, often of gays, many time of liberals (search for "libtard") and thus get infracted more often. Just check the posting history of some of the more often banned posters. It's OBVIOUS.

There have been a few questionable infractions, sure -- and I'd even say there could be some bias, but it's not NEARLY has big as people make it out to be. Left wing posters get infracted all the time.

Also, technically talking about moderation is against the rules as well...so...yeah. When posters post about how biased the mods are and how they'll likely get infracted for bashing liberals they are in fact committing an infractable offense. Self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.
    When I bad mouth Trump I hardly get any replies, I criticize Clinton and I get 4-5 posters and usually 1 in 3 of them hurl insults and/or focus on attacking me personally instead of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    If she really does have pneumonia, as her spin team is now saying... that means she most likely spread the highly contagious disease to her daughter and granddaughter the prior day. So either she's lying or stupid, I guess.
    Either she has Parkinson's pneumonia which isn't contagious, or she has regular pneumonia which is really contagious among old people and children. She hugged a small child, and she's claiming to have regular Parkinson's...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    When I bad mouth Trump I hardly get any replies, I criticize Clinton and I get 4-5 posters and usually 1 in 3 of them hurl insults and/or focus on attacking me personally instead of the subject.
    Because Ill-ary is such a weak candidate, don't take it personally. These white-knights are too blinded by their Queen to see the truth.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    I think we're arguing two different points. I'm talking about Trump's supporters and the GOP/Conservatives in general. Not Trump himself. So your link actually supported my point.

If you had to pick between someone you should shoot you in the face today or someone who you have shot you in the face ten years ago but thinks your fine now, which would you pick?

The entire gay rights movement has shifted in blindly fast fashion -- so it's no surprise that people are changing their stances.

Besides, when you compare the GOP platform to the Dem platform on gay rights it really is a no brainer regardless of the candidates themselves. It doesn't make much sense to assume a candidate of a party is going to run contrary to their party's platform.

- - - Updated - - -

Gay people can be homophobic. Not sure what you are trying to prove here. Unless you really think some oddball distraction is going to disprove anything I've stated.
    Have you read that article?

If you're a Clinton supporter I think you can agree with this.

Clinton's self-inflicted wound: Misleading the press about her pneumonia

Just when Hillary Clinton was stepping up her complaints about media bias, it turns out her bigger problem is media aversion.

The way in which the Democratic nominee and her team utterly botched the belated disclosure of her pneumonia took a modest problem and made it a thousand times worse. It reinforced the image of excessive secrecy and calculated non-disclosure that has dogged Clinton throughout this campaign. It made a mockery of the campaign’s criticism of conservative critics who were speculating that she was really sick.

And it was all totally unnecessary.

I can’t say it any better than former Obama aide David Axelrod, who tweeted: “Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?”

Imagine an alternative universe in which Clinton had told the public she was under the weather when she had the series of coughing fits—rather than blaming it on seasonal allergies—and announced Friday that she’d just been diagnosed with pneumonia. Not an ideal situation two months before the election, but she could have taken a few days off the trail and the public would have been sympathetic.

-Snip-

When NBC posted a five-paragraph online story last week, headlined “Hillary Clinton Fights Back Coughing Attack,” her team hit back hard, with traveling press secretary Nick Merrill tweeting that the reporter should “get a life.”

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we're arguing two different points. I'm talking about Trump's supporters and the GOP/Conservatives in general. Not Trump himself. So your link actually supported my point.
    Just pointing out that Trump has personally supported gay marriage for a long, long time and is the most pro-gay Republican candidate ever. If you want to bash a group of people who are anti-gay...perhaps you should start with the black community who are predominantly anti-gay. But that's different...am I right?

If you had to pick between someone you should shoot you in the face today or someone who you have shot you in the face ten years ago but thinks your fine now, which would you pick?
    Good point...I'd pick Trump as well since he's been pro-gay marriage for much, much longer than Hillary who just recently flip-flop on the issue in 2013.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-sex-marriage/

When NBC posted a five-paragraph online story last week, headlined “Hillary Clinton Fights Back Coughing Attack,” her team hit back hard, with traveling press secretary Nick Merrill tweeting that the reporter should “get a life.”
    LOL oh the irony. If anybody needs a life it's Ill-ary.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point...I'd pick Trump as well since he's been pro-gay marriage for much, much longer than Hillary who just recently flip-flop on the issue in 2013.
    Agreed. I don't care much for Trump but when it comes to gay marriage and equality for women he's been all for it his entire career. He is one of the main reasons women got into positions of power on Wall Street.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you report them? Mods don't read every post -- they have to go by reporting many times in order to catch a post the violates the rules.

And that whole thing goes both ways. I've criticized trump and gotten personally attacked often. I (usually) don't report those posts and they often go uninfracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Have you read that article?
    Just get to what your point is. I'm not playing forum games.

Some gay people don't want to get involved with religious marriage. Some gay people don't believe in marriage as an institution period. Some gay people think marriage is part of the evil patriarchy or whatever. Some gay people don't believe in marriage as they are homophobic.

Now -- go back and replace "gay" with "straight" and you have an equally valid statement.

So, please do tell me what your point is and how it relates to the point I've been trying to make?
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2016-09-12 at 05:21 PM.

I see that Clinton tried to get Chris Wallace replaced (unsuccessfully) as moderator for the third and most watched debate. He won't pull a Candy Crowley...but he'll make damn sure the candidates answer the questions. This will be interesting.
    I don't have a problem with moderators fact checking on the fly. Despite saying he won't do so, Wallace will probably be fine.Even though he is on Fox, he is actual somewhat of a journalist. There were better choices though. I think John Dickerson should have gotten a debate.

Of course, now we are getting Trump calling for no moderator at all. He just wants to be able to shout down Clinton and get into a "my word against hers" fight.
    Last edited by Matchles; 2016-09-12 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pointing out that Trump has personally supported gay marriage for a long, long time and is the most pro-gay Republican candidate ever.
    Facts are tough eh?

http://www.hrc.org/2016RepublicanFac...riage-equality
    http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/02/d...sion-trust-me/
    https://ballotpedia.org/2016_preside...n_LGBTQ_rights

If you want to bash a group of people who are anti-gay...perhaps you should start with the black community who are predominantly anti-gay. But that's different...am I right?
    You can deflect all you want. The GOP is the anti-gay party.

And yes, the black community tends to also be anti-gay. But that is entirely irrelevant and just a really obvious attempt at a "look over there" defense.

Feels before facts campaign indeed. Trump isn't pro-gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you report them? Mods don't read every post -- they have to go by reporting many times in order to catch a post the violates the rules.

And that whole thing goes both ways. I've criticized trump and gotten personally attacked often. I (usually) don't report those posts and they often go uninfracted.
    Now I remember you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I remember you.
    That's an odd post to make this declaration to.

If you're a Clinton supporter I think you can agree with this.
    [I]
    Clinton's self-inflicted wound: Misleading the press about her pneumonia
    Clintons campaign is run by idiots. Seriously, since the start their decisions have left me utterly confused and bewildered. Between their terrible decisions and her missteps that she shouldn't be making (basket of deplorables, or whatever) given how long she's been in this game, she deserves to still be challenged by a putz with a similarly incompetent campaign like Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Facts are tough eh?

http://www.hrc.org/2016RepublicanFac...riage-equality
    http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/02/d...sion-trust-me/

You can deflect all you want. The GOP is the anti-gay party.

And yes, the black community tends to also be anti-gay. But that is entirely irrelevant and just a really obvious attempt at a "look over there" defense.

Feels before facts campaign indeed. Trump isn't pro-gay.
    Political expediency strikes again imo as I previously linked his personal position on Gay marriage from 2005...well before his run for presidency. Many of his subsequent comments were to appeal to the Republican establishment which obviously didn't work. The LGBTQ community has nothing to fear if Trump gets elected.

- - - Updated - - -

That's an odd post to make this declaration to.
    I called someone stupid and got a minor infraction for it...I just realized that the person I was referring to at that time was you. BTW, please accept my apologies.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-12 at 05:35 PM.