The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Could you explain how recovering from a major surgery is applicable to going to work sick? Also, is it safe to assume you've never gone to work with a runny nose, upset stomach, or mild fever?

- - - Updated - - -

It was in context of following a doctor's advice. Having pneumonia is not like having a cold or feeling sick at your stomach, It is a serous condition which can lead to death.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-09-14 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Then why was so hugging a child since she is highly contagious? Sometimes I wonder why people don't ask questions no more.

You know what bothered me more? She was wearing dark sun glasses on a day that had a heavy overcast in New York.
    because a bacterial pneumonia (and any infectious disease to be fair) has a window of time when it actually infects others. its tipically at the start of the disease
    and when you're sick sunlight can annoy you
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is an overcast outside I would ask questions. Most celebs in southern Cali wear glasses because it is sunny and LA rarely has overcasts or rain.
    I knew a guy I worked with who wore sunglasses inside at work. He said the lights in the work area bothered his eyes. *shrugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It was in context of following a doctor's advice. Having pneumonia is not like having a cold or feeling sick at your stomach, It is a serous condition which can lead to death.
    So can a gd cold.

It "can" kill, but it probably won't. Even if you're old Especially if you're old with access to top tier healthcare.

People keep linking stuff about pneumonia but I wonder if they're actually reading the links their going through.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I knew a guy I worked with who wore sunglasses inside at work. He said the lights in the work area bothered his eyes. *shrugs.
    Some people have severe sensitivity to lights. I personally have issues with both light and sound when I have my migraines. Even something like a night light hurts my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    because a bacterial pneumonia (and any infectious disease to be fair) has a window of time when it actually infects others. its tipically at the start of the disease
    and when you're sick sunlight can annoy you
    The sun can be draining when you're not sick, being sick just makes it hell.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

If there is an overcast outside I would ask questions. Most celebs in southern Cali wear glasses because it is sunny and LA rarely has overcasts or rain.
    If u look at her having Parkinson's theory the sunglasses can be explained. Blue tinted glasses like the ones she was wearing can help a lot with the symptoms of Parkinson's. It can also be used to explain y she collapsed before getting into the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    If u look at her having Parkinson's theory the sunglasses can be explained. Blue tinted glasses like the ones she was wearing can help a lot with the symptoms of Parkinson's. It can also be used to explain y she collapsed before getting into the vehicle.
    I am not running with the Parkinson's angle, but you could based on some mounting trails of evidence. I am willing to accept the pneumonia admission from the Clinton campaign at face value which is strange that some are still talking about walking pneumonia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone in this thread is ignoring the impact of having round the clock top tier healthcare available -- Clinton will probably recover faster than normal due to that. In addition it's very possible she was given medication that caused her to not be contagious anymore. Antibiotics can make you not contagious fairly quickly for a number of illnesses.

Anyway it's a whole lot of focus on something that will either knock her out of the debates and thus lose her the presidency or something that is nothing and will rapidly become apparent it is nothing. It'll be a self correcting issues either way because of where we are in the campaign cycle. The focus on it at this point is really bizarre.

But not as bizarre as this insistence that she has Parkinson's. I say yet again if she has Parkinson's then Trump has early onset dementia. There is just as much evidence. Which would you rather your president have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So can a gd cold.

It "can" kill, but it probably won't. Even if you're old Especially if you're old with access to top tier healthcare.

People keep linking stuff about pneumonia but I wonder if they're actually reading the links their going through.
    A cold can lead to infections which can lead to serous complications, such as pneumonia. But pneumonia is more serous. Older people and those with immune problems can have more serous complications.

I am not running with the Parkinson's angle, but you could based on some mounting trails of evidence. I am willing to accept the pneumonia admission from the Clinton campaign at face value which is strange that some are still talking about walking pneumonia.
    So far it's what makes the most sense to me. Pneumonia doesn't really answer a lot of what I've seen that concerns me. Either way medical records would be nice, from both candidates, and if it just pneumonia and the rest of the stuff is her just being old then great. I'm sure she will recover from pneumonia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Some people have severe sensitivity to lights. I personally have issues with both light and sound when I have my migraines. Even something like a night light hurts my eyes.
    Yes. I do not put much on her wearing sunglasses. To be fair, that is grasping for straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    I'm aware what you're discussing with other people. However, those people are not me. I replied to a post you made, referencing a specific part of your post. You chose to reply to me, and so on. If you didn't want to discuss how you twist other's arguments to suit your own arguments against them, that's fine. But don't pretend that we've been discussing anything else.
    Like I said. I showed you twice how Edge changed her position. I can show you again if you like. I didn't twist Edge's argument at all. In fact I quoted her to show you how her position had changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Improper swallowing can cause pneumonia due to neurological issues and no people that have studied this are not insane.
    No, improper swallowing does not cause pneumonia. Anyone studying that it does, is indeed insane.

Silica carbide exposure or asbestos over time can cause damage to lungs that may result in cancer. The same thing with improper swallowing due Parkinsons which can lead to secondary situations like pneumonia.
    This doesn't make any sense. If espestose causes cancer, then pneumonia causes Parkenson's? What?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Occam's Razor is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    If you have Parkinson's you can't swallow so easily.
    If you can't swallow easily, food can go down the trachea.
    If food goes down the trachea, a common impact is direct introduction of bacteria to the lungs.
    If you have direct introduction of bacteria to the lungs, pneumonia!

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/dxc-20204678

See aspiration pneumonia.

This isn't genius discussion.
    You are insane... That does not say what you claim it does. The above is putting the cart before the horse. Parkenson's does not cause pneumonia and she has shown no signs of Parkenson's. That link you provided has no mention of Parkenson's, but you making a completely unjustified connection. You know what else causes aspiration pneumonia, regular eating and drinking, as the link you provided states any swallowing problem can do it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Occam's Razor is dead.
    all hail Occam's Razor!

these trumpettes are grasping at straws with a level that i couldnt even imagine
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-09-14 at 03:15 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no clue what Parkenson's is:

https://youtu.be/3n8UjH9h_8I

It's less than 10 min long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    all hail Occam's Razor!

these trumpettes are grasping at straws with a level that i couldnt even imagine
    It is so stupid... They are ignoring that she is not showing any signs that would actually indicate Parkenson's. Instead, they are skipping everything that actually indicates Parkenson's, to go for an extremely advanced stage, where the respiratory system is impacted. Then, they argue that instead of the common pneumonia, she has one that is cause by what is commonly known as "went down the wrong hole", but instead of the common reason for it, it's due to advanced Parkenson's. That's the insanity we are dealing with here...

People are actually downplaying the seriousness of pneumonia in an old person, and saying it's not much different than a cold? FMD, the spin and denial of reality is incredible. You people (those downplaying it) are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    People are actually downplaying the seriousness of pneumonia in an old person, and saying it's not much different than a cold? FMD, the spin and denial of reality is incredible. You people (those downplaying it) are a joke.
    Walking pneumonia in a person who is otherwise healthy is not a serious risk, even at her age.

If you want to talk about spin, maybe direct your outrage at those claiming this is Parkinson's