Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do some people get so mad over ilvl requirements?

Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?

People complain about ilvl requirements in trade for the same reason people complain on the forums about people who get mad at ilvl requirements.

They think other people care.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Probably because they have lower ilvl and you make them feel bad about themselves. And when they feel ofended, their biological defenses kick in and they get angry. It's nothing personal about you, it's all projection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    They feel left out and think it's unfair and elitistic.
    People are like that.

It doesn't matter what the purpose is.
    If you tell someone you're looking for a group - but excuse me, not you, you or you at the back there. Nope, no way Jose - but you with all those shiny toys, I'll take you!

The people you don't pick might be a bit upset. They want those shiny toys as well.
    Nothing more to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    People get mad, because some people set the item lvl requirement insanely high! 845 minimum for an instance, which drops base item-lvl 840..... It makes it hard for people to gear up in instances, when some groups nearly require raiding gear for entry.

Ofcourse people just make their own groups and the problem is solved, but it is painfull when you really just want to join a group as an 835 character and see "require 840+ minimum! Don't be noob!".
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They get mad because it means so far what they have done isn't good enough for you despite their ilvl being sufficient enough to do the dungeon.

I don't care what they think tbh, I did my "Do the content at beginning ilvl" and I have passed it by a decent amount. Now all I care about are fast clears, so yes I will pick dps who have a higher ilvl like myself and put in work like myself. I will pick them so that we can clear the dungeon faster than we would with lower ilvl people and overall reduce the time we are in there.

This is my advice to people:
    - Go with guildies/friends or form your own group

I did it and I have a 848 ilvl, take notes.

Was in lfg looking for another dps to fill out our mythic group and someone tried to sign up at 797. Surely they didn't think they'd meet DPS requirements for a mythic with that gear... right? You can't even queue for heroics in that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because finding yourself in the Premade version of "Need experience to get a job, need a job to get experience." isn't very enjoyable.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Just because you don't have 830/840+ ilvl doesn't mean you can't pull your own weight in a dungeon. As always skills to play your class means far more than the ilvl itself.

If you played WoD and Garrison properly you could buy a full set of 840 epics now and still not understand your class well enough to dps properly. I fully understand the reasoning behind asking for ilvl - higher ilvl does give potential for higher dps but the players ability to play the class is still more important.

PS: Personally I couldn't care less if ppl ask for ilvl etc. I group with the people I can, play with guildies if possible and otherwise go about my own business. Everybody are ofcourse free to set their own demands to their group and I'd rather start my own group if needed instead of whinning at those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because finding yourself in the Premade version of "Need experience to get a job, need a job to get experience." isn't very enjoyable.
    This seriously isn't true anymore. You can get 830 gear quite easily just doing world quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    1% extra stats isn't going to do much
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-09-14 at 08:52 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Either form your own group or join a group who are all fine with lower iLvl people. I'd choose the former option.

Deleted
    I think people just get frustrated they aren't there yet themselves and it's hard to find a group willing to accept lowbies. The best thing to do for people in these situations is just create a group yourself, just make sure you try your best to pull your weight.

For example I was 801 on my Druid last night and went straight into creating Mythic 5 mans. Granted I'm a Healer so it's much more forgiving I kept everybody alive and the 3-4 runs went smooth af. You can do the same with a DPS character you just need to be confident you can pull reasonable enough numbers.

All in all it's doable for new characters. Just ignore the groups with high ilvl's and create your own. Same goes for Normal/HC raids

Just a little link in case anybody calls BS on doing Mythics straight when you ding:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Nmataii/feed

10+ Year Old Account
    this has been the easiest expansion ever..
    i am 848 item level and it's only been 2 weeks since launch
    and that item level range will be around for atleast 4 months before blizzard makes most stuff beyond 850
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad
    Yes it does, not only is there currently nothing in game that requires 830/840+ item level but depending on class/spec you may even be asking people to gimp their DPS to boost their iLevel (I.E a Ret paladin in full 820 Haste heavy gear will destroy a Ret paladin in full 830/840+ Mastery heavy gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    People get mad, because some people set the item lvl requirement insanely high! 845 minimum for an instance, which drops base item-lvl 840..... It makes it hard for people to gear up in instances, when some groups nearly require raiding gear for entry.
    This is it from my point of view. It is upsetting especially when you make it into one of these groups because they cant find anyone at the targeted ilvl, and end up crushing all the other groupmates with 15+ ilvl in the releveant meters and interrupts/ccs whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everybody who is complaining are the ones who told people to "stop and smell the roses". They are very behind and they are paying for it. I rushed and unlocked everything. I have 846 and I get to start raids/mythic+ next week. Have fun getting declined for a group while I get to have fun killing things.

Because we are so damn fed up with stupid people constantly blaming blizzard for making the game "anti-social", when is the players who constantly seek more ways to judge and segregate players by some new measures of readiness.
    We used to have less wipes and a better community when players actually talked to each other, tried to resolve an issue.
    Now we actively seek ways to avoid leading, yet demand all the benefits of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Because the requirements are unreasonable as fuck. And ilvl is a stupid measure of skill and even of dmg numbers. When I reached 810, I was top dps by far in every random Heroic - meanwhile the premade groups usually asked for 825+ for heroic (which is full heroic gear, gz!).

And people being so fucking obssesed with ilvl makes it so that you HAVE to equip the highest ilvl thing you have, even if it's actually a huge stat/ dmg decrease. I am using several epic 840/850 despite them having horrible stats for my class, just because no one is smart enough to care about anything other than raw ilvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiel View Post
    This is it from my point of view. It is upsetting especially when you make it into one of these groups because they cant find anyone at the targeted ilvl, and end up crushing all the other groupmates with 15+ ilvl in the releveant meters and interrupts/ccs whatever.
    Luckily quite alot of dungeon groups set the bar quite low(830), so it is possible to get in there. And if you do well a couple of times, you can easily get some friends through it and therefore make easier premades.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.