Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    That's one of the questions i wanted to have awnsered when i made this thread.
    You wanted a circle jerk

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    For a few reasons:

1) In some cases the person asking doesn't meet the requirements they're asking for. They want to be carried, essentially. Fuck that.

2) Sometimes the requirements are incredibly over the top and not remotely needed for a smooth run. Say asking for 840 to run heroic 5s. Come on...

3) Following on 2, there's no possible loot value to people who are so geared. Sure, their might be a slight chance that a heroic will drop a TF 840 piece so a highly geared person at 830 will get an upgrade, but what's the point?

4) It comes across as doing a chore as fast as possible vs running a dungeon for fun. These tend to be the same people who complain that a run takes 15 minutes instead of 10, etc.

5) Following on 4, they're almost never actual hard core, high end raiders, but almost always tryhards, hardcore-wannabes who think they're hotshot but aren't.

it's one reason I either random content or do it with people I know. PUGs can be too annoying and I don't play to be annoyed.

I find it annoying mainly because I can play circles around most of the people I've encountered thus far on my server, unfortunately I don't have the time to commit to a guild or a group so I have to gear up solo. As a DPS class with no instant queues this takes a long ass time. So I'm being handicapped in one area due to my time constraints which is fine, but I'm handicapped in another area because of an arbitrary limit that has no baring on performance.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's why I said earlier that if you fall behind you might as well just unsub because the community isn't going to let you do anything but queue for LFR once a week.
    Yea i agree a bit, but there are enough players out there that are also in the "undergeared" Group. Sure u have to do much more, like make ur own group and manage it, so it needs a bit more of work to catch up. At the same time, even in vanilla and later there where groups with requirements set, it was nearly the same as today. People want most likely players that are on the exact same level of gear, skill and experience, so they set their rules to match that. I see that it's not very attractive and fun for people that don't have the time and so on, but that's how it works.

For players that set the rules and don't even have it their own, that are people the world does not need.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-09-14 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I find it annoying mainly because I can play circles around most of the people I've encountered thus far on my server, unfortunately I don't have the time to commit to a guild or a group so I have to gear up solo. As a DPS class with no instant queues this takes a long ass time. So I'm being handicapped in one area due to my time constraints which is fine, but I'm handicapped in another area because of an arbitrary limit that has no baring on performance.
    While I know players who preform well at any ilvl, those same players preform BETTER with a higher ilvl, it has bearing.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    These pictures are the reason why i ask for high ilvl for mythics.. http://imgur.com/a/Ihd6H

Just came back from doing a heroic Lair and these are the dps meters for the 2 last bosses http://imgur.com/a/Ihd6H (I'm the purple DH) The Warrior (Brown) was the tank, People in low ilvl have abyssmal DPS compared to me, and i don't want to "Boost" them. I want everyone to pull their own weight, not 1 person doing the majority of the dmg.
    That boss favors melee - 5 mans favor melee overall anyway and DH or overpowered right now. 100k DPS isn't abysmal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because finding yourself in the Premade version of "Need experience to get a job, need a job to get experience." isn't very enjoyable.
    This. Video games shouldn't be jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    A lot of socials and filthy casuals slack off for the first 2 weeks and cry when their ilvl is pathetically low at like 820 and they cant get into mythics to get boosted. They just need to learn their place in the food chain. Take an 820 bad casual player or an 840 better player which hasn't slacked off for 2 weeks
    See, and this is the kind of thinking (820=casual bad, 840=good player) that has spoiled the game for a lot of us. This is not a job. This is a game. I 'slacked off' for the first week of legion because I was on vacation. And now there douches out there who consider me a 'bad' just because I'm not ilvl 840 yet, because I started playing the expansion a week later than they did. That's the pathetic reality.

The requirements seem to be for tank/healer, because usually I have to exceed it by at least 10 ilevels to be invited on my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Then make the group yourself. Or is THAT to much of a job too?

People bitching about having a low ilvl and not being allowed into higher ilvl groups are coming off quite lazy and entitled in this thread.

People wanting smooth fast runs with equally geared players are not the bad guys.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about what others ask for. I make my own groups, and I've only asked for 820+ since week 1. I've only gotten 2 bad apples through the process. Oddly, they both came in for the same group and made a mythic Halls run very, very impossible. I guess I'm just rational.

My friends though, they like to do the requirement creep. They're asking for 835's now, probably 840+ next week. It seems pointless to me, but I don't bother to argue about it anymore with them because it's an exercise in stupidity and doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way - but I pay my 14.99$ a month, I don't feel like I should be carrying EVERY MOTHERFUCKING dungeon. Hey I love carrying, I actually do, it's kind of fun watching someone epically fail over and over, even when you attempt to help them in every single way during a mythic they somehow got into with you and the other team of VAPE NATION champions.. but the fact is.. Even though WoW isn't a JOB, it doesn't mean I should be bringing myself down to scrubknight level, EVERY DAY. Some days, I just want to roll with vape nation - and crush my enemies. Is that too much to ask for?

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's reasonable to demand people to have the same item level you have yourself if they want to join your group. It's when you search for people with higher item level than your own that you become a piece of shit.

I personally try to keep it reasonable and simple. I look for 830 players for mythics. Heroic drops 825, and i think it's fair to assume that a person that runs heroics also had warforged luck 1 or 2 times. Seeing as heroics drop 825, i'm assuming that mythics are balanced around 825, so looking for 830 players assures a relatively smooth run, while also leaving some room to join for people that don't grind gear all the time.

Hey. Just because you ask for 830/840+ dosen't mean you're bad, it's because people just want fast/smooth/easy runs that dosen't take longer than needed. There's no reason to invite lower as it just makes stuff take longer to kill or give unessecary ( can't spell that word) risks.
    So why do some people in /2 get so mad when you mention your ilvl requirements?
    I can out dps anyone while naked

Deleted
    It's always been like this. Everyone moans about high ilevel requirements, then they get the ilevel and suddenly it's totally fine for them to set high requirements or some weirdo thinks everyone who requires high ilevels is just a baddie, while not having achieved as much in the game themselves.

I don't care, if I create a group, I can set whatever requirement I please. You don't have to join if you don't like it.

There's a difference between trying to keep out low level scrubs and being an all out elitist asshole. That said, the higher you set the bar, the more people you exclude and the more people you exclude the more people you piss off, therefore the higher ilevel requirement you set the more people will bitch. Especially when Blizzard has already set an entry requirement and you try and raise that to ridiculous levels. Like asking for 840 ilvl for a Heroic party that already has an entry requirement of 810 and aren't that hard to begin with.

And people wonder why LFD and LFR were created. I have not reached max level so I do not know if LFD is available for Mythic and higher. Player formed PUGS will also be an issue in one way or another because standards set by the players will always be higher than Blizzards own.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,personally I found hilarious +740 ilvl requirements for the mythic dungeons,which popped the simple question "why the heck somebody with an ilvl so high would want to grind the mythic dungeons"
    Warforged/socketed items (which are now a lot more common btw) and AP?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Nah nah nah nah, I hear this argument all the time. It doesn't solve anything other than encouraging the anti-social behavior to continue with this bandaid fix. High iLvl reqs are anti-social and need to dwindle away into nothingness. This argument is used all the time and I predicted it was going to be used toward my statement because quite frankly it's the easiest argument people always retreat to and it's a cop-out honestly.
    I find it pretty hilarious that when someone suggest you start a group with 4 other people at the same or lower item level you are, you find it ridiculous, though you think is fine for you to get an invite. So it's only a good idea to toss out iLvl when you are the low one and the other 4 are already at the higher iLvl level?

Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    A lot of socials and filthy casuals slack off for the first 2 weeks and cry when their ilvl is pathetically low at like 820 and they cant get into mythics to get boosted. They just need to learn their place in the food chain. Take an 820 bad casual player or an 840 better player which hasn't slacked off for 2 weeks
    Personally, I prefer to play with people who are fun to be with. You maybe a god when it comes to gear and dungeon, that doesn't mean you are fun to be with. You may not want to group with me because of my low gear but that does not mean I want to join your group because of you super high gear, no matter how efficient you can clear a dungeon. Because I rather not deal nor hear the constant moaning about low dps and having to carry to people.

To me, this is game. I play when I have the time and wants to. It is not a race. You can treat it as a race but not everyone cares about gear like you do.