Don't worry guys, Hillary Clinton is going to POWER THROUGH this one

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Don't worry guys, Hillary Clinton is going to POWER THROUGH this one

Welcome to yesterday afternoon, I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Do you actually believe that Bill's "mis-statement" regarding her fainting history was edited out by CBS to save time?
    Judging by the fact that the second video also cut out other stuttering and played the collapse video over the question, yes it does make total sense it was edited for time. Now answer my questions...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    This Is How Much It 'Costs' To Get An Ambassadorship: Guccifer 2.0 Leaks DNC 'Pay-To-Play' Donor List
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...lay-donor-list

"A large number of the largest donors received senior diplomatic or political positions following the donations, ranging from UK Ambassador to Assistant Attorney General."

Great breakdown of the DNC donors and the positions they received.

You act like this isn't known. Both Parties have always awarded ambassadorships to high level supporters. It's been done since the US was created.

You act like it's doing evidence against the dnc, when in fact it's against the entire political system.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Oh, I have no doubt that corruption exists, but... everywhere? That's conspiracy-level thinking.
    Not really, no. Corporations control your country. Just look at the state of social programs. Billions in corporate welfare 600 billion in "defense" every year yet you can't even go to the doctor to have a broken arm fixed without shelling out a bunch of cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    because everyone had already seen the video of her collapsing a dozen times on tv before the CBS interview, so it's not like they were showing anything new or something people hadn't seen yet. Bill saying she has these episodes frequently isn't exactly a stutter either. more of a Freudian slip.
    No, it was not a stutter, it was a clarification on what he already was saying. The only thing that makes this about 'Freudian slip' and not if more than one quilifies as 'Frequent' is bias. Notice how neither of you actually answered my question, if going by the standard you are astablishing, it is you who is trying to hide the truth.

By the way, feel free to ping me about Freud and his current standing in psychology. I'd probebly take the thread way off topic. But, as a preview of my reply, you dreaming of a spider does not mean you want to fuck your mom.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Not really, no. Corporations control your country. Just look at the state of social programs. Billions in corporate welfare 600 billion in "defense" every year yet you can't even go to the doctor to have a broken arm fixed without shelling out a bunch of cash.
    we all know that, but as i said before, many of those problems exist due of incompetence, rather than malice.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Welcome to yesterday afternoon, I guess?
    Seems to fit in with the current discussion about the CBS editing of Bill Clinton's interview, which all goes back to the corporate media being totally in the tank for the Clinton campaign.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    sorry but that's not true. there's corruption in the system, yeah, there's and there's a lot. but more often than not, the problems (even at the federal level) exist due to incompetence, rather than malice
    No, they exist because your politicians will do almost anything for their donors.
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Reaaaally?
    http://ijr.com/2014/05/138727-viral-...estroyed-eyes/
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...embassies-and/

Let's not be completely disingenuous Endus... /sigh

PS - Your whataboutism with Powell holds no water, and your entirely nonexistent knowledge/experience of sensitive materials, military classifications, etc is showing. Better to attack other points than this... you look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You act like this isn't known. Both Parties have always awarded ambassadorships to high level supporters. It's been done since the US was created.

You act like it's doing evidence against the dnc, when in fact it's against the entire political system.
    Yea I agree, of course it happens on both sides. I'm not pro Rep or Dem. Just interesting to see it in writing.

The first 5 were during Powell's time as Secretary of State.

And while Powell didn't have "his own e-mail server", he was using a privately owned[/i] e-mail server, that he didn't have control over, which is by pretty much any analysis, a bigger security issue than Clinton's was.

Again; I don't think any of those are actual issues. I'm just making the point that, with regard to embassy attacks and e-mail archiving, Powell's behaviour was pretty objectively worse than Clinton's, and nobody's had any real issue with it. Because it's not a real issue. It's garbage being drummed up by Republicans to slander their political opponents.
    The Embassy attacks weren't anything close to being "similar." How many Americans died in those attacks you listed? Do you have any idea? Did Powell's own State Department find "systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels" within two department that he ran that resulted in security that was deemed "grossly inadequate to deal with" attacks resulting in the deaths of Americans, including an Ambassador? The reason there was no outrage was because none of those attacks were anything close to being like that Benghazi attack.

Differences between Hillary's email setup and Powell's? She had a private server, giving her oversight over which emails to keep and delete. She had far fewer emails retroactivley classified. We don't know how secure Clinton's was. Powell didn't erase any emails while under a congressional subpoena.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Judging by the fact that the second video also cut out other stuttering and played the collapse video over the question, yes it does make total sense it was edited for time. Now answer my questions...
    And it makes sense to edit the interview transcript "for time" as well?

What question do you want me to answer?
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-14 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    No, they exist because your politicians will do almost anything for their donors.
    Okay, so no problems exist due to incompetence, then? What's the ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Yea I agree, of course it happens on both sides. I'm not pro Rep or Dem. Just interesting to see it in writing.
    it's a common practice, and its a worldwide common practice. you reward donors/political helpers with embassies (preferably not the most important ones) and with the rest you put people that is a career diplomat
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    What are you saying then? Hillary is sick and will still physically be able to perform the duties of the presidency? If that's true, then why are you even bringing this up?
    If you had answered my original question in the first place, you would likely understand what I'm talking about. Instead you chose to ignore my question (and subsequent point I was going to make) to speculate, put words into my mouth and then arrive at false conclusions. And now you continue to ignore my original question (despite my second request for an answer) and do the exact same thing again...speculate and then question me regarding another one of your incorrect assumptions. It's like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Your assumption of my position regarding anything doesn't necessarily reflect reality (and likely won't given your track record). So, going forward, I'd appreciate it if you would not put words into my mouth and keep your contrived strawmen to yourself. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    we all know that, but as i said before, many of those problems exist due of incompetence, rather than malice.
    So you're just going to repeat the same thing after I already addressed it. When corporations donate millions in campaign contributions and then policy in favour of those corps get passed it's not incompetence, it's deliberate prostitution of the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's a degree of entitlement that regular people can't comprehend.
    Why can't people comprehend the entitlement of someone who was born to a small business manager and a home maker, to rise to be a candidate for president? She finished at the top of her class, being the first freshmen president of young republicans and the first student to give a commencement speech in her school. She won both, mother of the year and woman of the year in Arkensas. Successful argued for legal services fund, at a time when Reagan was slashing social programs. She was even the first female board member of Walmart. Even as First Lady, she didn't champion eating right to get photo ops or do the whole 'dare to keep kids off drugs', but actually proposed Hillarycare.

Someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth, expecting his wealth to justify his presidancy, is absolutely entitlement. Someone busting ass from humble beginnings, to be a vote away from president, is ambition.

Okay, so no problems exist due to incompetence, then? What's the ratio?
    An example of incompetence would be your education system. When it comes to whoring out the government for money, that's deliberate and calculated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    And it makes sense to edit the interview transcript "for time" as well?
    Show me the transcript...

What question do you want me to answer?
    All of them:

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why did they have the video of her falling in the edited version, if the goal is to hide it? Why was it aired in the first place? Why was Bill's other stuttering from the first clip removed as well?