Has anyone beaten ICC and then returned to putricide's room after? I am getting ready to.

Also thanks for that info, Dald. That is really interesting. The object itself is definitely part of the item then.
    Last edited by GreenDragon; 2016-09-18 at 04:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
    But that is totally possible isn't it? The one of the putricide's journal spells summons and object that doesnt exist in the files.

Putricide's Journal Area Trigger
    100 yd range
    Instant
    "Summon Object (252302))
    Radius: 3 yards"

Or can you find object 252302?
    That's different. The bonepile has data because somebody has been near enough to see it at some point. It just has no interesting data.

The Journal has no data because nobody has ever seen it, which implies it is locked behind some kind of requirement.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Yeah, it's right near the Hungering Orbs from Kosumoth too, in addition to those hidden priest books (which unlock an artifact appearance for them).

After reading all about the Putricide stuff, it's all looking really promising, only concern is I have no idea where to look for connections to him outside ICC and that leaves us with "a failed prototype that predated the construction of the professor's two most notorious creations: Rotface and Festergut" which is in reference to Festerface in VH. The interesting thing (and frustrating thing) is we have Rottgut as a follower which has an interesting name when you look at the other 3 monstrosities that the Prof made, annoying part is, anything relating to Rottgut is something people have already run in circles trying to debunk.

Any history or other info on Putricide from maybe like the old warcraft games or lore?

Hey Simca were you able to find out anything on the "hidden tracking: apocalypse ghouls summoned" the number required? Or at least can you rule out that it is not a simple statistic tracker? When you are tracking it in game and click it it opens your artifact tab under class hall achievements but idk if that is enough to confirm it is in fact an achievement we can complete. Sorry if you already looked into this I may have missed what you said. I have been farming it a lot the past two days and am at 5k ghouls so far and it still says I'm "in progress"

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
    Has anyone beaten ICC and then returned to putricide's room after? I am getting ready to.
    Did that yesterday but couldn't find anything of interest.

i definitely think we're onto something here, especially concerning Putricide.

Festergut, Rotface - WoTLK
    Festerface, Rottgut - Legion

Festerface was a failed prototype from Putricide while Rottgut was a successful prototype made by Lord Thorval using "demon and human flesh". There is definitely some dickery afoot here.

I know this was kind of brought up once previously, but there is just something about the area that screams, "look here!" In Faronaar there is a small area called "Soul Engine: Apocalypse". There is a semi rare item there called the Amulet of Command that lets you control a demon for 3 mins. It can only be used in this small area. The place is also littered with Legion Felsmiths. Maybe there is just some story connection to the weapon there, but seems like it would be a great place to trigger a quest or task.

However, the current Putricide ideas do look promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotoxxulous View Post
    i definitely think we're onto something here, especially concerning Putricide.

Festergut, Rotface - WoTLK
    Festerface, Rottgut - Legion

Festerface was a failed prototype from Putricide while Rottgut was a successful prototype made by Lord Thorval using "demon and human flesh". There is definitely some dickery afoot here.
    Someone tried to use Rottgut's ability during the Festerface encounter in VH?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayborne View Post
    Someone tried to use Rottgut's ability during the Festerface encounter in VH?
    Order hall companions can't be used in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Order hall companions can't be used in dungeons.
    Oh right! My bad (y)

Has anyone checked to see if the Corpse Explosion class ability has anything to do with the hidden apocalypse skin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvaneous View Post
    Has anyone checked to see if the Corpse Explosion class ability has anything to do with the hidden apocalypse skin?
    Tons of people have tried corpse exploding everything. Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    That's different. The bonepile has data because somebody has been near enough to see it at some point. It just has no interesting data.

The Journal has no data because nobody has ever seen it, which implies it is locked behind some kind of requirement.
    Hey Simca, thank you for the AMAZING job you're doing with data.

The best and only connection to Putricide is Festerface in Violet Hold. Could you scan the data to check if there is ANYTHING else related to Festerface, like hidden drops or dialogues or actually anything? The general rule is for the appearence questlines to start on Broken Isles, and this is the most logical way to start that one.

Also, check that guy - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=102472/wretched-fleshbeast. He appears after you enter Violet Hold on the save in which you killed Festerface already. Does he serve ANY purpose at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

So the Icecrown Bonepile is listed under interactible quest and was added in 7.0.1, someone has been close enough to it that it's been scanned and added to the DB. Is there no way to seeing where this bonepile was located in the raw data?

Deleted
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before,but has anyone checked out old Acherus?To my knowledge it's still there,and if Lord Thorval can create Rottgut,maybe he had putricide's journal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Hey Simca, thank you for the AMAZING job you're doing with data.

The best and only connection to Putricide is Festerface in Violet Hold. Could you scan the data to check if there is ANYTHING else related to Festerface, like hidden drops or dialogues or actually anything? The general rule is for the appearence questlines to start on Broken Isles, and this is the most logical way to start that one.

Also, check that guy - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=102472/wretched-fleshbeast. He appears after you enter Violet Hold on the save in which you killed Festerface already. Does he serve ANY purpose at all?
    Looked into both, nothing stuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Giske View Post
    So the Icecrown Bonepile is listed under interactible quest and was added in 7.0.1, someone has been close enough to it that it's been scanned and added to the DB. Is there no way to seeing where this bonepile was located in the raw data?
    Wait, what quest?

Oh, are you talking about the category of the object? Wowhead may call it "Quests", but that's a wild oversimplification of that category's true purpose.

It's called 'Goober' in the game files, and it's more like 'Miscellaneous' than anything else.
    Last edited by Simca; 2016-09-18 at 10:10 AM.

Did you check that 10768 achievement?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Did you check that 10768 achievement?
    Nothing really in the data besides what is known for that one.

AchievementID 10768: Hidden Tracking - Apocalypse Ghouls Summoned; Number of Ghouls Summoned by Unholy DK Artifact
    CriteriaTreeID 50156: Artifacts - Unholy DK Apocalypse Ghouls Summoned

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Looked into both, nothing stuck out.

Wait, what quest?

Oh, are you talking about the category of the object? Wowhead may call it "Quests", but that's a wild oversimplification of that category's true purpose.

It's called 'Goober' in the game files, and it's more like 'Miscellaneous' than anything else.
    Yea, I meant the category. Maybe it's just a red herring then? It feels like the breadcrumb should be in Broken Isles somewhere, but it seems more and more likely that its gated behind x level of AK.