10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    A lot of young people who supported Sanders now support Johnson, mostly because they are anti establishment. Early on though, the love was for Sanders.... and he certainly was not about dismantling medicare, medicade, social security, etc
    I've said it before, I'll say it again; if you supported Sanders, and you're now going to vote for Johnson, you never gave two shits about what Sanders stood for, and you're basically trolling with your vote, and should just fucking stay home. You'd vote for Hitler 2.0 running on a campaign of "seriously, some Jews didn't get gassed, let's fix that" just because "he's an outsider".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again; if you supported Sanders, and you're now going to vote for Johnson, you never gave two shits about what Sanders stood for, and you're basically trolling with your vote, and should just fucking stay home. You'd vote for Hitler 2.0 running on a campaign of "seriously, some Jews didn't get gassed, let's fix that" just because "he's an outsider".
    I wouldn't go that far, many are upset at all of the alleged fraud and all the voting issues many ran into and would not want to support Clinton based on that.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Endus I will tell you though that I have a friend who is a true sanders supporter, but he told me he is thinking Johnson because he and sanders are so similar...../ I laughed at him when he told me this and he was legitimately confused. I had to explain and it was just a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I haven't seen the numbers, but I do have a difficult time believing 30% of the youth vote wants to eliminate public schools and the EPA, or abolish the income tax. I'd have a hard time believing it's much more than 10%.
    Maybe because 30% of the youth know what you don't, that what you just said is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Maybe because 30% of the youth know what you don't, that what you just said is bullshit.
    Here's the Libertarian Party's platform; https://www.lp.org/platform

Section 2.9 advocates eliminating public education and making it a free-market system.
    Section 2.2 at least calls for a massive reduction in the EPA, if not outright removing it.
    Section 2.4 explicitly calls for the repeal of the income tax.

Sure sounds like you're the one who doesn't understand what the Libertarian Party platform is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    Someone from the top would have to order it. You think IT database/server admins regularly scub data/files without permission/orders from management?

Sorry man, that's some top level mental gymnastics on a level never before seen on planet earth.

I dont know or care who told him to do it. I really dont. If it was Hilldog, then corruption, if it was Huma, then shes a proven incompetent leader who cant seem to hire people to do things right.
    I'll just transfer this new conspiracy to this proper thread.

It doesn't appear as though you understand what actually happened here. There's a perfectly valid reason as to why he would want to do this. This individual was searching for a way to scrub an email address from the documents. Not the actual contents of the emails. He did this so when the FOIA requests came rolling in, they could release the emails, without the entire public knowing Clinton's personal email address.

That's a perfectly valid explanation.

I mean, for what other reason would someone want to remove an email address from emails that we know to be Clinton's?
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account

It doesn't appear as though you understand what actually happened here. There's a perfectly valid reason as to why he would want to do this. This individual was searching for a way to scrub an email address from the documents. Not the actual contents of the emails. He did this so when the FOIA requests came rolling in, they could release the emails, without the entire public knowing Clinton's personal email address.

I mean, for what other reason would someone want to remove an email address from emails that we know to be Clinton's?
    Personal servers are not subject to FOI regulation. But I'm sure no one in the incompetent Clinton staff knew that.
    Thanks for helping the "incompetency" argument along another few steps! We couldnt do it without you "Clinton Supporters".

Here is context for users who missed the closed thread:
    Reddit mods went into full delete mode after article was posted. IT staffer who was found, immediately deleted all posts.

-------------==============Copied From RDT==============---------------------------------------------
    https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...uy_proves_she/

The one that said this?
    The user, /u/stonetear, has already deleted most posts and comments ... but here's archived links to most of them!
    Page 1: http://archive.is/WJtMh
    Page 2: http://archive.is/fN627
    Page 3: http://archive.is/UlqGx
    Page 4: http://archive.is/WqKHV
    Page 5: http://archive.is/fvnYL
    Page 6: http://archive.is/sj3br
    Page 7: http://archive.is/7T1Py
    Page 8: http://archive.is/qYE6o
    Page 9: http://archive.is/TJYxP
    Page 10: http://archive.is/27VD4
    The referenced comments/posts about stripping the emails are on Page 6.
    EDIT: There's another comment on this thread that has an archived link to that specific post. The above links are meant to give more context to the user and past questions/involvement in the maintenance of an Exchange email server.
    Thread archive: http://archive.is/FXcao
    -------------============================---------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-09-19 at 04:21 PM.

If you can't vote for clinton because of lying then you can't vote for trump.

10+ Year Old Account

Right. The only thing he was asking about was stripping the to/from header. Even if this is legit (which hasn't actually been confirmed), it's still e-mail that would've been received or sent by Clinton, since he's talking about e-mails on her system, so the goal could not be to conceal that these were sent/received by Clinton. Because their origin makes that clear. Nor is it an attempt to delete them; that would be much much easier. Pretty much the only reason, as you note, would be to keep Clinton's actual e-mail address private, to avoid her getting spammed by people who now have access to it, or requiring her to now change that address without forwarding from the old address (since that would just pass along said spam). Also the addresses of those she e-mailed, for similar reasons, if they're similarly private.

This can't be construed as an attempt to conceal or eliminate any of the actual e-mails, since getting rid of the to/from header doesn't delete the content, and since any release would be known to be coming from Clinton, it's not actually concealing anything on her behalf, other than her specific e-mail address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Personal servers are not subject to FOI regulation. But I'm sure no one in the incompetent Clinton staff knew that.
    Thanks for helping the "incompetency" argument along another few steps! We couldnt do it without you "Clinton Supporters".
    Well that just isn't entirely accurate, now is it??? Government emails on private servers are subject to FOIA requests.

But even so, the information he's searching for is completely harmless. It's not regarding the deletion or concealment of emails.

This is perfectly legitimate stuff. Sorry.
    Eat yo vegetables

Section 2.9 advocates eliminating public education and making it a free-market system.
    Section 2.2 at least calls for a massive reduction in the EPA, if not outright removing it.

Sure sounds like you're the one who doesn't understand what the Libertarian Party platform is.
    Sounds like you don't understand people don't always 100% agree with their party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that just isn't entirely accurate, now is it??? Government emails on private servers are subject to FOIA requests.

But even so, the information he's searching for is completely harmless. It's not regarding the deletion or concealment of emails.

This is perfectly legitimate stuff. Sorry.
    Right, deleting the e-mails and rewriting the drive would be easy, compared to doing a mass purge of just the to/from headers. Which are the least damning part of anything, particularly when context often tells you who the sender/receiver is anyway.

Pretty much the only reason to bother with this is to make the e-mails easier to release to the public en masse without causing people issues with being spammed by e-mails; it's like asking how to delete credit card info so you don't accidentally release people's credit card numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you don't understand people don't always 100% agree with their party.
    If you vote for Johnson, that's what you're voting for. I'm not sure why that's a difficult concept.

10+ Year Old Account

Still better than Hillary or Trump. Not every party is going too appeal to any given person 100%. Also, Libertarian Party wants too change our shitty education system; not necessary get rid of it. Sanders and Johnson may not agree with Government and fiscal policy but their social beliefs are almost identical. But keep voting for someone who is in bed with the very people who give capitalism a bad name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Still better than Hillary or Trump.
    I'm not convinced that's true. There is a damn near zero percent chance that Senators and/or Representatives will vote for the removal of Social Security or the income tax. Public schools sounds like a state-by-state thing he couldn't implement even if he tried. It seems like the major points of his party will just not make it into law. I'm not saying he has zero good ideas, more like opposing the GOP because of their strong opposition to a woman's right to choose, homosexual rights (yes rights, not privileges) and their "you can be any religion you want as long as it's Christian" overtones. If there are too many "yeah but...that other part?" bits in their party's doctrine that just won't fly, we'll end up with a Congress that's even more "pass nothing" than the current one.

Still better than Hillary or Trump. Not every party is going too appeal to any given person 100%. Also, Libertarian Party wants too change our shitty education system; not necessary get rid of it. Sanders and Johnson may not agree with Government and fiscal policy but their social beliefs are almost identical. But keep voting for someone who is in bed with the very people who give capitalism a bad name.
    Hillary's social beliefs are identical to them as well. Point me in the direction where Clinton wants to repeal the Gay Marriage act or anything along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanders wanted to make it legal for businesses discriminate or refuse service based on sexual orientation (or any other reason)? Cause that's part of the libertarian party policy line...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

Clinton said Trump's words are helping Islamic State because they want to recruit more fighters to their cause by "turning it into a religious conflict. ... They are attempting to make this into a war against Islam," she said.

Clinton has learned from past mistakes, it seems. A while ago on Politifact, she was called out for claiming Trump was used in anti-USA propaganda videos. Now that she's....wait, that was True? Damn! Nevermind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Hillary's social beliefs are identical to them as well. Point me in the direction where Clinton wants to repeal the Gay Marriage act or anything along those lines.
    She tends too blow in the direction of whatever is popular/PC now days. Can you honestly say you trust her? With all the scandals and lies?

She tends too blow in the direction of whatever is popular/PC now days. Can you honestly say you trust her? With all the scandals and lies?
    More than Trump, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    This reeks of you not even understanding the content of what you're posting and just hopping on board whatever your chosen media outlet tells you to think about it.
    The request is to remove the to/from field, which wouldn't help Hillary. In context, removing the name from the TO field, on the recipients email is idiotic for what should be obvious reasons. It's a bit better on the sender, but even then, sending top secret info to an unknown reciepient seems worse.

Also, the only thing that IDs that guy as anyone remotely related to Hillary, is the words 'private email server' and the word 'delete', as in this case delete doesn't even refer to email being deleted, but reciepient/sender. This is a reaction to someone sendin out the I love you virus to all contacts, not deleting secret email so DOJ couldn't find them.

- - - Updated - - -

Then I don't understand the need to identify as that party. This is having your cake and eating too...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi