Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While the expansion is off to a flying start, it is still in progress. Let us wait until there are no more updates to Legion and then we can start this debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon View Post
    I think what you're overlooking is that the scaling tech along with World Quests makes the whole of Legion feel relevant. WOTLK may have been huge, but at max level you spent the majority of your time in Icecrown apart from farming for mats. This is the first expac where it doesn't feel like you throw away 80% of the levelling content once you get to max level, which makes the world feel bigger because you're actually spending time in multiple areas of it...

Agree with you on the WOD feeling though- I remember saying out loud about 3 days after hitting 100- "Ok, well WTF now? What the hell am I supposed to spend my time doing now?" One of the things I've actually enjoyed most about Legion, mind-numbing as it can sometimes be, is going out and gathering herbs. Even the simplest of tasks was taken away in WOD.
    I don't disagree actually. If we're talking end game relevant content Legion takes the cake. The entire Broken Isles stays relevant. Not a single one of those zones would disappear from that map. Meanwhile something like Wrath would only have...Icecrown, Storm Peaks, and Wintergrasp. I actually love that the whole world is still relevant at max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Not only level scaling is a retarded abomination on a conceptual level, but it actually doesn't do shit for relevance. It's relevant for the few days until we get the just as retarded ilvl bloated gear, then we faceroll the mob again. So the game make levels entirely pointless, for no valuable result. Great design !
    Why is it bad? I rather enjoyed the fact I could always level with my friends or do the 5 dungeons on the way to max level with them. I thought it was a brilliant thing actually. The levels are still relevant in terms of progressing through the stories in Legion. Can't do "Falling Star" until 103, most of your Class Hall quests unlock at certain levels, 110 exists to allow you into the rest of the dungeons and Suramar.

If you view levels as only a way to indicate how much stronger than X mob you are then I suppose you might have lost something here. But I consider that more of a gear thing. Once I hit 110 I had to get my gear up in order to become strong enough to deal with groups of mobs. I liked that double sense of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Why is it bad?
    Because :

a) It's completely retarded to make a level system if it's to entirely discard it with level scaling. Just remove levels altogether, better and more consistent results with less idiocy.

b) It makes the world even more artificial, with even more layers of mechanisms fucking things up.

c) It's only a bandaid for the real problem, which is power inflation. It only vaguely compensate for "player vs mob during leveling", leaving all the other problems unfixed. It even has "funny" consequences, like mixing lvl 110 with lvl 100 in the same zones, when the former have MORE THAN FIVE TIMES the HP of the latter. Great idea for PvP realms.

WOTLK>MOP>CATA>LEGION>WOD

I didnt play BC or Vanilla so I cant comment on those

All i can say is that legion is evolving well, but most of people here whines because gated content, because mobs hits too hard, because you have to grind, because its not alt friendly due to the amount of time you have to invest, and i guess that those who complain never played vanilla or burning crusade, you had the illusion that there was much to do BECAUSE the time and dedication you had to put in every character, no one remembers how hard it was just to gear up for the first bosses of kharazan? how many heroics you had to run?

This is not a MOBA where you just log in spend 1-2 hours and thats it, i really like that content is gated, because without that people just burn out everything and then complains just like happened in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1) Everything tied to Class Hall Mission Board.
    2) The two mythic's locked behind being revered.
    3) Class Hall Shoulders being locked behind exalted.
    4) The gating of LFR
    5) The gating of your class hall campaign quests (back to the mission board)
    6) The insane amount of time its going to take to level your Class Hall.
    7) The insane amount of time to level AK.

Ya its all stupid time gated and annoying as hell, I don't even want to consider leveling a alt because of it.
    True this expansion have a lot of time gated content.
    I didnt step in a mythic dungeon yet because first i want to have all pvp talents unlocked....im doing bgs for weeks and im still half way there.
    i guess this way i have content for months but its a little bit annoying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good luck trying to argue with that when WotLK was out. I have been on this forum at the time, the arguments went like "Just because McDonalds sells the most burgers doesn't mean they are good" or "Shit is great, billions of flies can't be wrong".

Ofc now, when we get polls, WotLK DOES come out as number 1.

@ OP: For Legion, lets wait until summer 2017 at least, better the end of 2017 before we judge, right?
    And the fact that now WOLK tops the polls tells us that the current player base thinks its the best. Alot of the decent players have buggered off long ago when it went crap. In other words you cant tell based on polls, subs is more accurate.

I agree actually. I didn't think it was possible, but Legion has edged out Wrath of the Lich King for me (my previous favorite expansion).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, well..we established that subs = popular, not best. And WotLK had the most subs AND tops polls, so I am not sure what lesson we are learning here?
    You could argue that WOLK is where the game stopped growing. The peak in subs came at the end when they get the boost for the new expansion.

Way too many time sinks/time gates/reputation gating/pointlessbullshittomakeyoutakelongertodoanything in the launch content.

Definitely not the best expansion.

Legion is going to live or die on several things:
    • How Blizzard handles balance between and within classes.
    • How Blizzard handles artifacts in future content patches.
    • How Blizzard handles expansion pacing.

The foundation for a great expansion is there. While not flawless, it has a lot going for it that WoD didn't have (namely, meaningful things to do at max level outside of raiding).

No it's not. Not even close. It just seems good because it's following WoD, which was utter shit.

My personal ranking of expansions goes: Wrath > TBC > Cata > MoP > Legion > WoD

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla = TBC > MoP > WotLK >>> Legion > Cata = WoD
    Fixed for you.
    Mop > Legion > ... > WoD
    Fixed it for you

Deleted
    Vanilla = TBC > MoP > WotLK >>> Legion > Cata = WoD
    Fixed for you.
    Nostalgia list, get some objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Nostalgia list, get some objectivity.
    Anyone using "nostalgia" or "rose-tinted glasses" is an idiot who already lost any argument to begin with.

Deleted
    it's not the best at all. it's slightly better than warlords, which puts at second last place.

It's a good start, nothing to say about that, I'm having fun, but it's not perfect.
    Like The gating in Suramnar is a fucking turn off, the professions learning process omg, very slow reputation farming, all the research in your class hall that takes an eternity.

All those ¨little detail¨ might be negative in a long term.

I had a more positive feeling at the begening of WoD and it turned ... well.... bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    WotLK is still the best expansion due to its subs numbers, amazing lore unfolding, and lots of additions/improvements. It is too early to say whether this xpac will beat it, but so far I'd rate Legion on par with TBC. So WotLK>>TBC=Legion>MoP>Cata>>>>...>>>WoD
    best expansion due to sub numbers LOL, you realise that wow gained like 500 k subs in wotlk and like 3 million in tbc? The growth stagnated hard in wotlk.

Dunno. It's first expansion I stopped to care. So it's far from being the best for me.

Deleted
    Well so far i have to say this is true. Though i was more excited, more addicted back in vanilla and tbc. But that is just unbeatable because it was my first mmo experience and the first years of wow were just magic for me. I won't get this feeling again. But if you look really straight objective, Legion is the best and i have really great fun with it.