Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Legion is World of Warcraft’s best expansion ever

The reviewer is from www.venturebeat.com and from a player who has played Vanilla plus other expacs.

I know its one persons point of view , but its a good read from a very experienced player.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/20/wo...legion-review/

Legion doesn’t succeed just because it offers an incredibly deep well of content. It succeeds because of the high polish on everything, from character design down to the humblest textures and dialogue lines. Legion feels like Blizzard gathered a huge group of developers and instructed each of them to take a small snippet of the game and make it perfect. It’s that good.

too early to tell. So far, Id say its on par with MoP with best content after launch, but expnasion will always be judged by the continuous content and (lack of?) content draughts

It's definitely impressive. The amount of content at launch is huge, taking into consideration that they had to spend a lot of time redesigning classes as well. Artifacts are a great addition to the game. What's really amazing tho is what is coming with 7.1 - a huge dungeon and a raid that wasn't even announced. It seems that constane excuses about "we can't make more content, more raids or more dungeons, there's no time for that" have kind of ended.

So yeah, so far I'd say it's the best expansion. Definitely makes for a different game than BC, but it's still a great game.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would have agreed 100% if the loot/reward system was not one giant lottery. Other than that it's A+.

Deleted
    It's way too early to tell. Even WoD seemed pretty fine within the first few weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Best WOW expansions was TBC and WOTLK its clear from 11-12mills subscribers numbers.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...-the-lich-king

91 metascore Universal acclaim based on 47 Critics

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...urning-crusade

91 metascore Universal acclaim
    based on 46 Critics

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...arcraft-legion

87 metascore generally favorable reviews
    based on 22 Critics

I am so tired of going through this in every expansion. Every expansion shortly after launch has been "the best expansion ever".

It's too early to tell. Right now, to me, while everything does seem shiny and new and cool, I don't see how the max level progression is much different than MoP (quest, quest, quest!).

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say second best. WotLK > all.

Deleted
    For me, So far i would say its solid 2nd best after wrath (Coming from a ret pala and affi lock player). Really like Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Best WOW expansions was TBC and WOTLK its clear from 11-12mills subscribers numbers.
    Back then the online gaming world was so different that you can't compare current sub numbers to the earliest expansions. During the TBC and WOTLK era MMORPGs were the big thing, right now it's MOBAs because they're more appealing to the general public due to them offering instant gratification and the required time commitment overall being much lower.

Not even close.

Class design is pathetic, pruning kills my desire to play, there's nothing fun about being just a dmg bot. Gearing being completely RNG sucks too.

The gameplay is simplistic, the writing is terrible and the zones are pretty meh. It's also still a near completely single-player game, and the professions are nearly as shit as in WoD.
    I'll give to it that there is decent amount of content, even if reusing Dalaran was pretty lazy.

It's hardly "best expansion ever" stuff. Though it certainly look much better due to coming after WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The gameplay is simplistic, the writing is terrible and the zones are pretty meh. It's also still a near completely single-player game, and the professions are nearly as shit as in WoD.
    Legion Lore writing is horrible indeed compare to WOTLK Lore which was way more epic. Quest mechanics are okay but quest Lore/Storylines is horrible. Expect few class specific quest lines.

So far my list goes MoP > Legion >> WOTLK > WoD > Cataclysm. Legion has rather big shoes to fill in terms of continued content and retention power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So far my list goes MoP > Legion >> WOTLK > WoD > Cataclysm. Legion has rather big shoes to fill in terms of continued content and retention power.
    Vanilla = TBC > MoP > WotLK >>> Legion > Cata = WoD
    Fixed for you.

WotLK is still the best expansion due to its subs numbers, amazing lore unfolding, and lots of additions/improvements. It is too early to say whether this xpac will beat it, but so far I'd rate Legion on par with TBC. So WotLK>>TBC=Legion>MoP>Cata>>>>...>>>WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Vanilla = TBC > MoP > WotLK >>> Legion > Cata = WoD
    Fixed for you.
    No, that would be YOUR list, not mine, so it's not "fixed".

Deleted
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    WotLK is still the best expansion due to its subs numbers, amazing lore unfolding, and lots of additions/improvements. It is too early to say whether this xpac will beat it, but so far I'd rate Legion on par with TBC. So WotLK>>TBC=Legion>MoP>Cata>>>>...>>>WoD
    Quantity isn't quality. Or else Farmville >>> WotLK.
    WotLK was the destruction of progression in the game, huge increase in class homogeneity and dumbing down in gameplay, and a facerolling pain in most content. It's got excellent leveling experience and great lore, but it failed hard in the content interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay, but wold of terraincraft is starting to become more and more aggravating as time goes by. Best expansion ever? I don't think so.