Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Conservatives think liberals are wrong

Liberals think conservatives are evil, bad people and wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Conservatives think liberals are wrong

Liberals think conservatives are evil, bad people and wrong
    Exactly. Conservatives say "I disagree with your opinion." Leftists say "I disagree with your right to have an express your opinion because you're a *pick your pejorative*."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Exactly. Conservatives say "I disagree with your opinion." Leftists say "I disagree with your right to have an express your opinion because you're a *pick your pejorative*."
    Quick question; which of the current candidates is talking about passing legislation that targets people based on their opinions, in immigration proceedings?

Because it's not the Democratic candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Quick question; which of the current candidates is talking about passing legislation that targets people based on their opinions, in immigration proceedings?

Because it's not the Democratic candidate.
    Classic non sequitur. Thanks again, Endus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sorry, when I see something from a news site, I automatically assume it is from a journalist.

Opinion pieces (blogs) should have no place in the news.
    You do see the error? Huffington post is not just a news site, in fact most news sites have had to adapt. Everyone from Wallstreet Journal to the Tacoma Tribune, have blog pages now. The error you are making is not paying attention, which is hardly the fault of the source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    At least I don't have to explain how your source is mad...

- - - Updated - - -

What's your opinion on Kapernic?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, evidance of your feelings being confronted with facts, is non sequitur. Let Ednus and the rest of us know when the subject becomes reality and not how you feel about it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So, presumably it's not Conservatives who've bombed abortion clinics or murdered doctors who performed abortions. And Timothy McVeigh was just a Conservative who disagreed with the Federal Government, he didn't murder 168 people?

The idea that Conservatives are just mild mannered people who calmly express disagreement while Liberals are froth-at-the-mouth lunatics can pretty easily be disabused by looking at any number of Conservative issues where the views expressed are expressed loudly, angrily, and often with considerable violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    What "non sequitur"? You said Conservatives just "disagree" with people's opinions, while "Leftists" somehow disagree with your right to that opinion. Meanwhile, no "leftist" that I know is arguing that racism and homophobia should be illegal, but Trump's policies on immigration are fundamentally predicated on denying applications because he doesn't like some people's opinions.

There's no "non sequitur". You misrepresented reality, I pointed that out.

Also; being labelled as "racist" or "homophobic" for expressing racist or homophobic views isn't in any respect an attack on anyone's right to be racist or homophobic or whatever. But you do not have any "right" to not be so labelled, after expressing that kind of language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You do see the error? Huffington post is not just a news site, in fact most news sites have had to adapt. Everyone from Wallstreet Journal to the Tacoma Tribune, have blog pages now. The error you are making is not paying attention, which is hardly the fault of the source.
    So basically, don't trust the news. Understood.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon View Post
    The idea that Conservatives are just mild mannered people who calmly express disagreement while Liberals are froth-at-the-mouth lunatics can pretty easily be disabused by looking at any number of Conservative issues where the views expressed are expressed loudly, angrily, and often with considerable violence.
    The state of United States socio-politics as it is today is exactly how I described it. Conservatives disagree, Leftists disagree with your right and ability to express disagreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    The state of United States socio-politics as it is today is exactly how I described it. Conservatives disagree, Leftists disagree with your right and ability to express disagreement.
    Interesting concept considering it's Conservatives who froth at the mouth of circumstances like Flag-Burning and Colin Kapernick's taking a knee during the national anthem who want people arrested for following their Constitutional right to do such things. Yet those same individuals hide behind the Constitution when it fits their needs...It's the Liberals who may disagree with such actions but aren't asking for those people to be punished.

Huffington post . . . more like "fresh out of college" writing staff. Warren Buffett and Geroge Soros writes the checks, and the slaves hit the print button of divide and conquer. I mean how else do you become a billionare who runs/manages an entire party without chaos, disorder and collapsing markets.

What "non sequitur"? You said Conservatives just "disagree" with people's opinions, while "Leftists" somehow disagree with your right to that opinion. Meanwhile, no "leftist" that I know is arguing that racism and homophobia should be illegal, but Trump's policies on immigration are fundamentally predicated on denying applications because he doesn't like some people's opinions.

There's no "non sequitur". You misrepresented reality, I pointed that out.

Also; being labelled as "racist" or "homophobic" for expressing racist or homophobic views isn't in any respect an attack on anyone's right to be racist or homophobic or whatever. But you do not have any "right" to not be so labelled, after expressing that kind of language.

You're still missing the point, nearly every conservative policy gets labeled as racist or some form of negative labeling that can be used to attack an individual. It's a case of people like you calling things racist that aren't because you know you can't win the actual argument and have to resort to brand tainting. Furthermore immigration policies should exist to benefit the country in question, bringing poor people in regardless of race only benefits wealthy business people. Bringing in people that believe in executing people for blasphemy is also not going to work well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    You're still missing the point, nearly every conservative policy gets labeled as racist or some form of negative labeling that can be used to attack an individual.
    That's wild hyperbole, and also wouldn't be an attack on anyone's rights if it were true.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    The name if the Article is "If You Don’t Vote Democrat This November, Then Fuck You."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christ..._10425968.html

This Article had me in tears.. I wouldn't read Huffington post but I just saw this and just wow. Make sure you use caps lock and swear a ton so everyone knows how cereal you are right?

The picture is especially funny too. Like this is what will happen if Donald Trump gets in. Meanwhile if a nuclear apocalypse happens then it will have been a long time coming and it won't matter who got in. I can't believe this guy got paid to write this.
    So I'll say it - while not the best, the point is valid. There hasn't been a main-line ticket candidate as dangerous and ignorant as Trump in, well, forever. Fringe candidates have measured up to his level of craziness, and Palin was close - but a VP, but Trump is straight out horrible. The people voting for him are utterly clueless. People not voting for him, but choosing either not to vote or pick a 3rd party candidate are essentially voting for Trump, and haven't been paying attention.

The article is a bit on the harsh side, but not incorrect whatsoever.

That's wild hyperbole, and also wouldn't be an attack on anyone's rights if it were true.
    It's not hyberbole, but I see you still want to desperately defend your character assassination tactics

As truth is subjective

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So I'll say it - while not the best, the point is valid. There hasn't been a main-line ticket candidate as dangerous and ignorant as Trump in, well, forever. Fringe candidates have measured up to his level of craziness, and Palin was close - but a VP, but Trump is straight out horrible. The people voting for him are utterly clueless. People not voting for him, but choosing either not to vote or pick a 3rd party candidate are essentially voting for Trump, and haven't been paying attention.

The article is a bit on the harsh side, but not incorrect whatsoever.
    You do realise this smug, hollier and better than thou attitude is one of the reasons so many people for for Trump?

Also: OP you read Huff post? Why would you go and do something like that?
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2016-09-22 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what their readership reacts to.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So basically, don't trust the news. Understood.
    lol No, funny enouph, the point was to pay attention to what you are reading.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Hope Trump wins. Put retards like this HuffPoo "writer" on suicide watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Huffington post . . . more like "fresh out of college" writing staff. Warren Buffett and Geroge Soros writes the checks, and the slaves hit the print button of divide and conquer. I mean how else do you become a billionare who runs/manages an entire party without chaos, disorder and collapsing markets.
    Nope, the fact that the guy blogging is just s writer/musician is clearly stated in the blog. Your rhetoric is divide and conquer, when reality is really just L2R...