No one asked me about damage taken but I'm 100% certain they were talking about it in o chat and kept looking at me and watching to see if I was messing up mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by T1berius View Post
    No one asked me about damage taken but I'm 100% certain they were talking about it in o chat and kept looking at me and watching to see if I was messing up mechanics
    It's funny you say that. I've found myself so worried about taking damage right now that I feel pressured to play perfectly. Every extra bit of damage I take is a drain on the healers. When you make a mistake and do take avoidable damage, it looks much worse to everyone not playing fury.

I was kind of on the side where I wasn't totally convinced taking all this extra damage would be a deal breaker like some people thought, but after how fucked up I got just clearing out Heroics, I'm pretty nervous about Mythic.

At this point I'm expecting to be benched on every heavy raidwide damage encounter going forward because it's just not worth it on the heals, especially for this middling disappointing DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    got asked why i was first in damage taken after tanks yesterday during our first heroic kill
    I only checked once but in the pull that I did, I was taking almost as much damage as our prot Pally. Was later told to sit out because I wasn't doing shit all on the first boss in heroic.

Is this what Blizzard wanted with our class fantasty? To take a fuck ton of damage, do fuck-all in terms of damage and get benched?

Mine is not a unique tale either, I've seen a lot of people saying they were told to sit because of their damage.

It's pathetic that they let this spec go on live in the state that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    I only checked once but in the pull that I did, I was taking almost as much damage as our prot Pally. Was later told to sit out because I wasn't doing shit all on the first boss in heroic.

Is this what Blizzard wanted with our class fantasty? To take a fuck ton of damage, do fuck-all in terms of damage and get benched?
    Don't forget the mandatory talent row (something we supposedly moved away from), just to still take a fuck ton of damage but not quite as much.

Mine is not a unique tale either, I've seen a lot of people saying they were told to sit because of their damage.

Damn your guild seems nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Damn your guild seems nice.
    As much as I hate it, my guild is just being logical, why bring a Fury right now? Who wants a spec that takes almost as much damage as a tank and does crap DPS? This is on Blizzard.

As much as I hate it, my guild is just being logical, why bring a Fury right now? Who wants a spec that takes almost as much damage as a tank and does crap DPS? This is on Blizzard.
    Don't worry bro, we're going to make you take 30% more damage than everyone else because you fantasize about it, BUT YOU'LL BE FINE. You'll have major advantages to offset the gimp leg we're sticking you with.

Major advantages like uh very high damage... shit no. Major advantages like insane self-healing... shit no gotta be actually hitting for that and several specs do it better hmmm lemme think... Oh I know we'll make you good in PvP... ah nvm. Ok Ok you have above average multi-target damage there you go! Significant advantage. Oh and I can't forget a bigger health pool to go with your intense damage amp so you can challenge the healers a bit, make mana management extra fun!

Class fantasy how I love thee. A warrior's fantasy for any spec should be the durable and tanky mofo in the middle of a battlefield who has to be in melee range to do anything and everything, but he's got the mobility to stay in melee and the power/sturdiness to not eat sh*t in melee. Fury can be the frenetic fast attacking and Arms the slow big hit, but the first statement applies to both. I truly hate the glass cannon fantasy where perhaps in beta there were some major offsetting advantages (not anymore), but it's time to throw off the veil and arm reaching -- there really isn't a significant enough advantage that fury gains to offset taxing healers day and night.

Tuning pass better have something good in store for Fury, but I doubt they touch the enrage mechanic until 7.1 if even. If they make 0 changes to the enrage mechanic, self-healing, or Enraged Regeneration by 7.1; I just flat out give up on Fury unless they force us all to play it I guess by giving it Arms' damage and then crushing arms which is unlikely (and dumb).
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-23 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For that extra Commanding Shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    For that extra Commanding Shout.
    Take the arms warr.

Here's what my guild told me :

- Your mechanics are perfect (means I don't stand in shit, target the proper targets, play as I'm supposed to)
    - Step up the performance because you're low

10 minutes later "Do you mind stepping out? We lost a healer and we're removing the bottom 4-5 DPS to make our Heroic Eye kill".

My raid has 1 outlaw rogue, one Havok Demon Hunter, 3 fire mages, 3 hunters, 2 shadow priests, a ret paladin (with the best legendary who was blowing Potions of the old war on every pull) and a DK (also blowing the pots).

I've been told to go arms or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    Here's what my guild told me :

- Your mechanics are perfect (means I don't stand in shit, target the proper targets, play as I'm supposed to)
    - Step up the performance because you're low

10 minutes later "Do you mind stepping out? We lost a healer and we're removing the bottom 4-5 DPS to make our Heroic Eye kill".

My raid has 1 outlaw rogue, one Havok Demon Hunter, 3 fire mages, 3 hunters, 2 shadow priests, a ret paladin (with the best legendary who was blowing Potions of the old war on every pull) and a DK (also blowing the pots).

I've been told to go arms or gtfo.
    Pots make a big difference. Double potting is a good 30-50k DPS (overall) depending on your class; so that should have been the first step before asking people to sit. Also I'm not sure why Eye (assuming you meant Il'gynoth) is a dps check, unless you're just trying to one phase it.

Seems a bit unreasonable to be asked to respec because of low dps on heroic mode. I had a friend who's guild told everyone to leave if they weren't using the deadly grace pots at 2/7 HC, meanwhile most guilds clearing heroic not caring about rankings are just using WOD versatility pots. Ain't nobody got time for blowing 1000-2000g pots (while they are this price) on Heroic mode when the dps checks are slack and it's all about mechanics.

But sure if you're in a mega tryharding heroic guild with unreasonable expectations you can use expensive pots and bridge some of the gap, they make a ridiculous difference.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Seems a bit unreasonable to be asked to respec because of low dps on heroic mode. I had a friend who's guild told everyone to leave if they weren't using the deadly grace pots at 2/7 HC, meanwhile most guilds clearing heroic not caring about rankings are just using WOD versatility pots. Ain't nobody got time for blowing 1000-2000g pots (while they are this price) on Heroic mode when the dps checks are slack and it's all about mechanics.

But sure if you're in a mega tryharding heroic guild with unreasonable expectations you can use expensive pots and bridge some of the gap, they make a ridiculous difference.
    Pretty much. Half my guild was tryharding with double Deadly Grace/Old War, while I was using Draenic Strength. Obviously Fury is underpowered to begin with, but that only exacerbates the difference. I don't really give a shit though, because I'm not about to drop 3k gold a pull for something we're going to kill anyways. I used them for Cenarius/Xavius kills once we got a few pulls in and figured out where we needed DPS, which is the way you're supposed to do it.

Deleted
    most guilds are starting to do this the more the game goes on, just as Wednesday hit in EU and the raids were available, all hell broke loose, at 1st we were proposed to lvl some alts who will can and had the time to manage it so we could do some split runs, and so far besides doing none of that so far, from an almost 30 player raid at Cenarius turned into a something under 20 player raid to kill it cuz there was no tactic thought on how to manage the debuff and dispelling it within the green stuff as it disappeared to fast, and all that for a realm 1st on Cenarius HC

the game just keeps getting more of a top motive to brag about something than to do a stress free and enjoyable clear of a boss after another on each scaling difficulty

Do you think fury getting any buffs in any upcoming patch or were just sitting ducks ?

- - - Updated - - -

And can i ask why didn't u go arms Archimtiros ?

haha fury goes untouched

This is fucking insane, everyone got something but Warriors? The worst part is that Blizzard won't confirm or deny if Fury changes are coming, so anyone playing Fury is just sitting on their hands waiting to see if Fury will be playable this tier.

Zero fury changes what the fuck

Deleted
    Fury is fine - l2p.

Sincerely,
    the developers