At some point, being mistaken/incorrect/wrong all the time removes most credibility.
    Sums up Mafics 'contributions' to this thread perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Not sure why people are bothered by other people expressing their dislike of a delayed game feature. Seems like this thread would be archived by now if it were not for the other posters antagonizing those who appear to love flight more than any other aspect of WoW.
    You realize where you are right? Many threads here have at least one person antagonizing others based on differing opinions. Passions flare high in enthusiast communities.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-27 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Ok, so if you haven't noticed yet, LFR is no longer giving quest completion. It's an intended "feature". You have to run normal or higher raids in order to complete quests, which probably includes things needed for Pathfinder. So that part is out of the equation now too.

I think there are better ways to incentivize players to challenge themselves with higher levels of raiding than taking away options like this. Blizzard seems intent on taking 1 step backwards for every 2 they take forward.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-27 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Ok, so if you haven't noticed yet, LFR is no longer giving quest completion. It's an intended "feature". You have to run normal or higher raids in order to complete quests, which probably includes things needed for Pathfinder. So that part is out of the equation now too.
    Please tell me you are kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    And tomorrow it'll be 4 again. If you're lucky on Thursday you might have 12 pro flyers in this thread. But that number is honestly probably stretching it. You're really grasping though..
    And there is only like 3 anti flyers... ever... so by sheer numbers pro-flying has a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Please tell me you are kidding.
    Sadly, I am not. And the fact that they waited until after LFR launches in order to announce this decision/setting is just more evidence(in my mind at least) of the shady nature of Blizzard in regards to wow. How many times does this have to happen until it stops being coincidence and poor communication, and starts becoming a pattern of behavior?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...aking/20308728

Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-27 at 09:26 PM.

I think there are better ways to incentivize players to challenge themselves with higher levels of raiding than taking away options like this. Blizzard seems intent on taking 1 step backwards for every 2 they take forward.
    I've noticed people saying you can't complete the quests to unlock the raiding Artifact Skin using LFR which is mildly disappointing but understandable, do you have any confirmation that you can't complete the quest that allows you to get the Loremaster achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I've noticed people saying you can't complete the quests to unlock the raiding Artifact Skin using LFR which is mildly disappointing but understandable, do you have any confirmation that you can't complete the quest that allows you to get the Loremaster achievement?
    If Blizzard isn't going to give quest completion on two quests, it stands to reason that they won't give credit on others. I suppose it's possible they're simply targeting these two quests specifically, but that seems rather unlikely, given their overall laundry list approach to unlocking flight.

But by all means, lets give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt despite everything else they've piled in front of the Flight unlock.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-27 at 09:44 PM.

Sadly, I am not. And the fact that they waited until after LFR launches in order to announce this decision/setting is just more evidence(in my mind at least) of the shady nature of Blizzard in regards to wow. How many times does this have to happen until it stops being coincidence and poor communication, and starts becoming a pattern of behavior?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...aking/20308728

And there are some that try to accuse Mafic of being something similar to a "Conspiracy theorist".

It would be funny if it wsn´t sad.

If Blizzard isn't going to give quest completion on two quests, it stands to reason that they won't give credit on others. I suppose it's possible they're simply targeting these two quests specifically, but that seems rather unlikely, given their overall laundry list approach to unlocking flight.

But by all means, lets give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt despite everything else they've piled in front of the Flight unlock.
    So you're just guessing then? It's not too surprising that the artifact appearance quests require at least a Normal difficulty raid, especially when you consider they already need Mythic dungeons and the PvP equivalent requires quite a bit of dedication to unlock. Basically the 3rd and 4th artifact skins are supposed to show some sort of dedication to the game.

Unlocking the final parts of Surimar's quests is a bit different as they tie in to the main story of the expansion, something LFR is supposed to facilitate for casual players. We already have some zones that culminate in a dungeon quest and Blizz was quite happy for people to complete those through automated group-finding so I don't see why Surimar would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    So you're just guessing then? It's not too surprising that the artifact appearance quests require at least a Normal difficulty raid, especially when you consider they already need Mythic dungeons and the PvP equivalent requires quite a bit of dedication to unlock. Basically the 3rd and 4th artifact skins are supposed to show some sort of dedication to the game.

Unlocking the final parts of Surimar's quests is a bit different as they tie in to the main story of the expansion, something LFR is supposed to facilitate for casual players. We already have some zones that culminate in a dungeon quest and Blizz was quite happy for people to complete those through automated group-finding so I don't see why Surimar would be different.
    I'm sorry, but given the pattern of behavior that blizzard has shown us in regards to flight, this is less of a guess and more of a trend. The same way people can look at declining subs over the course of time, we can look at how Blizzard will treat the unlock of flight. In any situation where there's doubt, it's a safe assumption that Blizzard will take the more difficult path for the players. Blizzard has now set the precedent that LFR will not qualify for quest completion. There is no reason to assume that they won't continue that path for other quests involving raids.

But as I said with sarcasm above, lets go ahead and give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here. Because THAT makes sense. :/

- - - Updated - - -

On a related note: If nothing else it's simply one more reason for people, who are waiting to see what happens with the unlock, to continue waiting instead of subbing or buying Legion.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-27 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's no great rush to finish the first part of Pathfinder. Plenty of time to run LFR to get to Xavius to wrap up that piece of it before the rest of the requirements are made public. I take it you know and realize this so the quote is just so much irrelevant hand-waving.

To be expected from someone who was speculating that Blizzard was removing flight entirely from the game during the beta before the achievement had been added. At some point, being mistaken/incorrect/wrong all the time removes most credibility.
    If participation for Legion patchfinder is below 50% by tacking on raiding requirements then yes the end goal is removal. This is not my first MMO. and that is the harsh cold truth as the goal is to drive down participation. Look no further than the participation in Legion PVP by removing rewards and gating them excessively while making PVE rewards more lucrative. Flight is following the same pattern where Blizzard is funneling people into PVE instances and to ignore the world or even PVP instances.

The vast majority of players do not do rated PVP or raid, In fact, Mike Morhaime even confirmed that most players do not even reach level cap but still do enjoy the game. The trickle down effect of gating flying is that it is making it more restrictive not only for existing players, but also players coming late into the expansion or players that play an expansion or two behind. Downing Xavius may be easy for those that choose to sub now or into the next month. But not so easy a year from now or two years from now.

As long as Elitists Jerks former member is leading the design of the game it will be raid or die centric and flying will suffer a slow death or a quick death like what has happened to Legion PVP.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-09-27 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Do either of these quests have anything to do with Pathfinder? Because if they do not, I do not see how this has anything at all to do with the thread topic other than your typical and usual Blizzard-bashing. My impression is that these two specific quests are about unlocking Artifact skins. This thread is not your personal platform to go off on Blizzard for everything that displeases you by somehow implying that the source of your dislike is applicable to flying.

It's not as if there has never ever been quests that involved actual non-LFR raiding.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-09-27 at 11:18 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

There is no way to know until it is fully unlocked in LFR. We have to wait and be patient.

I'm sorry, but given the pattern of behavior that blizzard has shown us in regards to flight, this is less of a guess and more of a trend. The same way people can look at declining subs over the course of time, we can look at how Blizzard will treat the unlock of flight. In any situation where there's doubt, it's a safe assumption that Blizzard will take the more difficult path for the players. Blizzard has now set the precedent that LFR will not qualify for quest completion. There is no reason to assume that they won't continue that path for other quests involving raids.
    Except Blizz have set a precedent that LFD will count for completing quests that are part of the main story, so I don't see any reason to think that they wouldn't extend that to LFR. If, for example, you were required to complete Neltharion's lair on Mythic (or without LFD) then I'd see it as precedent for Loremaster being separate from the dungeon/raid-finder tool, but that hasn't been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Do either of these quests have anything to do with Pathfinder? Because if they do not, I do not see how this has anything at all to do with the thread topic other than your typical and usual Blizzard-bashing. My impression is that these two specific quests are about unlocking Artifact skins. This thread is not your personal platform to go off on Blizzard for everything that displeases you by somehow implying that the source of your dislike is applicable to flying.

It's not as if there has never ever been quests that involved actual non-LFR raiding.
    If I'm "Blizzard bashing", does that mean I can now refer to some people's posts as Blizzard worshiping?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm "Blizzard bashing", does that mean I can now refer to some people's posts as Blizzard worshiping?
    Just be on topic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    And there is only like 3 anti flyers... ever... so by sheer numbers pro-flying has a majority.
    Yet, we're talking about single digit numbers for both parties. Still, you surely know that people are way more likely to voice displeasure than to praise. So there are always going to seem like there are more pro-flyers simply because they are the ones displeased.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You realize where you are right? Many threads here have at least one person antagonizing others based on differing opinions. Passions flare high in enthusiast communities.
    I am all for an antagonist and protagonist when it is done in the spirit of the topic. If the only reason for posting is simply to get under the skin of the other poster, and belittle them in the process, it hardly serves as constructive discussion. From my perspective, flight it one of the most amazing and unique features about WoW. No other game lets you ride into battle on a dragon. Not even the MMO with Dragon in its name. I love my flying mounts, and I am very guilty of using the most convenient form of cross zone travel, but I know that flight will be introduced to Broken Isles soon enough. In the meantime, jumping from Dalaran and other extremely high places to launch my built in Goblin Glider works just fine for me and my rogue. For the first time since Wrath, there is compelling content on the ground and I have to outsmart the terrain, and not just out-gear it, or fly over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    If there is already several people in my guild burned out, wanting flying now and quit playing already.(and none of them post here) I'm pretty sure there are plenty of the same in other guilds on other realms mate. But people has simply given up on the game and just log off and play other games instead since Blizzards pride can't be touched by forum posts it seems.
    Oh the irony how they educated players them selves that pride is the greatest sin of them all during MoP.
    Do they know all the requirements for legion patchfinder or did they decide that they are not going to not even bother?

This is what happened in WoD where it was extremely vague with the requirements with flying and a lot of players decided to walk way. But in hindsight those players made the right decision as those players that waited for patch 6.1 and 6.2 to deliver flight never materialized.

This is why I do not understand the argument pushed forth that Legion is different. Actually, WoD pathfinder requirements were in game but we never knew it was part of the requirement. We had to wait for Blizz to reverse their decision and to add the second part of WoD pathfinder. And the second part of WoD pathfinder was more time consuming than the first part by far.

This is also why it is logical to see that Legion patchfinder part 2 (or even 3) will take longer than the first portion. If the original plan was you would finish most of the achieve simply by leveling it appears that went out the window as the majority of Legion patchfinder requires rep grinding and world quest grinding at level cap. Then raiding, and a quest chain that comes after and even more rep grinding (exalted with Nightfallen) also all at level cap.