Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fat women are like mopeds, fun to ride but you don't want to be seen with them

I can make that joke, I have a big wife. Super sexy woman and I have no issues being seen with her.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'd rather some one explain women's sizes to me.

......huh? Also forgive my ignorance since I've never bought women's clothing. But do women's shirts use the same system as their pants and skirts?
    Shirts not so much but pants/skirts are just as bad as dresses.

I think the only thing that hasn't changed over the years is how shoe sizes are marked.

There is no universal or standard for measurements of what clothing size is. I can be a 5-6 at "regular store" jeans but a 5-6 from Abercrombie & Fitch will never fit- I can barely get my leg into them-it can be that extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Women do carry more fat because they need more insulation for their reproductive systems, but the whole "eating for two" while pregnant thing isn't true at all. Fat women do not make better bearers of children by virtue of being fat.
    Nope. Wrong.

Bones and muscles is what protects your sensitive organs. Fat is insulation merely for temperature changes and extra energy storage. If you don't think that extra energy storage that women have compared to men is not related to the symbiotic relationship between having another mouth to feed you need to do more reading. It is an evolved characteristic for women to have more fat to be able to feed the fetus while not having access to food, so you are looking at it only from a modern perspective a biological reality.

The only fat that I can think of that acts as a "cushion" is on your feet, but even then you have muscle groups doing the "heavy lifting" of support of your own weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Actually, according to the last scientific data I saw, being overweight is distinctly negative when it comes to bearing children, compared to having a more normal BMI. There is, for example, a greater risk of having premature births if you're overweight. Can't say I'm too interested in looking up further data on the subject, but one should be aware that the whole "fat women=fertility"-paradigm is only true in comparison with underweight women, NOT compared to "normal weight"-ones. Obviously, adipose depots doesn't help your baby at all, so that is a complete non-argument.
    It is a negative to bearing children but not fertility.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-09-28 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It also isn't really an indicator of fertility. You were speaking about it as though somehow it can be viewed in a positive light when it comes to reproduction. The opposite is true. Fat women tend to produce babies that require MORE care and nutrition which is more of a strain on them. And the only time they need that extra weight is after they've already gotten pregnant(hence all the food cravings for many women). Seriously, try to have some basis for your argument before you make weird statements like fat=fertile.
    If a women is closer to clinical obesity then their fertility nose dives. But if a woman is not a little overweight or clinically overweight they face the same infertility struggles of clinically obese women.

This is why birth control pills messes with women's estrogen levels and also cholesterol.

Yes i guessed right, it was a Tennisace thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If you can't lift one of those women, you should do some push ups. They aren't that big compared to true obesity. Bigger than i'd prefer, but i'm not so frail that I couldn't life on of them, or have one of them on my lap.

I'm only 5'8" and 150lbs, and I don't work out. But i'm not weak, and i'm slim. She I could pick up and toss one of them on the bed.
    Yeah right dude. You'd need to be a member of gold's gym to be able to lift up one of these women. Not feasible for 95% + of us.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

I still find 14 sexy and health but id say you get much bigger than this then it's just unhealthy.
    I like the blonde and the black girl.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a diffrence between thick women and obese women. you wouldn't say women with anorexia is healthy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Thick doesn't mean chubby. Go brush uo on your definitions bud.
    And Jennifer Lawrence is neither of them. Pull your head out of your ass. Although if you did that it would go directly up Trudeau's ass instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah right dude. You'd need to be a member of gold's gym to be able to lift up one of these women. Not feasible for 95% + of us.
    So lifting up women and toting them around is a regular occurrence in Canada I take it? How often does picking up a woman and putting her into your lap ever come into play? Do you actually go around and look for skinny woman you can lift up out of bad situations and put on your lap so you can shield them from things their female brains can't handle and if they're a fatty then they get no protection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That is actually untrue, when comparing overweight and 'normal weight'-women - it's the other way around. I can't be bothered to look for an article on it, so either simply google some reliable sources, if you actually want to learn about the topic, or take the statement for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    I like the blonde and the black girl.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a diffrence between thick women and obese women. you wouldn't say women with anorexia is healthy...
    I agree

I am also not into really skinny girls, I like something I can grab onto.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be awfully weak if you can't pick one of those women up. Could be an explanation for your outrage over non-issues. Like a little Chihuahua, so loud, yet so small.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I...don't think that statistic is true. That's way too many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Because their feels man. No but its stupid shit, same with their shoe size lol. I had a gf that had 11, we were messing around i thought i could like bend my toes and wear her loafers because i wear 12. Nope her 11 is actually 9 or some shit like that what? Why? There where fucking Squirtles on her loafers, why couldnt i wear them.
    Schquirt-schquirtle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Tha army of fat women yiikes.
    Lead them away with a trail of m&m's and bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Fat women are like mopeds, fun to ride but you don't want to be seen with them

I can make that joke, I have a big wife. Super sexy woman and I have no issues being seen with her.
    Hope she doesn't read this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fat shaming doesn't exist actually.

Apparently neither you nor the author of said post/image understand how words work. "Shaming" doesn't require the target to be "ashamed". Shaming is merely mocking someone with the intent of making them feel bad, regardless of how they receive it.

What does thick mean though? Like the blonde chick who played Harley Quinn? Or more like Serena Williams you're thinking?
    Neither are "thick". Maybe you should spend some time on google before getting into such a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Any of these girls would be fine by me.
    Kim Kardashian is disgusting. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I still find 14 sexy and health but id say you get much bigger than this then it's just unhealthy.
    Ew. Muffin tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    And Jennifer Lawrence is neither of them.
    Jennifer Lawrence, speaking pure physical attributes, is pretty close to "perfect" (this being subject, obviously). Not skinny, not "thick" or muscular, prominent accents without being over-proportioned and she's all natural. Fake is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I...don't think that statistic is true. That's way too many people.
    Medically Obese is actually often a lower threshold than "visually" obese. So what you might see as "a bunch of overweight people, but not obese" might actually be medically obese.

Also, this isn't going to change until the government does something systematic to make it change. They have to purposefully tax and subsidies different foods so that the healthy options aren't almost always the more expensive options. Of course currently industry lobbyist will fight that to their dying breath... I mean, I stop by Chic-Fil-A and the fried chicken sandwich meal is about $5, but if i want a Salad it's $8 alone...wtf?

Of course there's a lot of other things at play here. Like the number of hours people have to work and the low wages, people would cook more if they felt they had more time (especially in the current generation, time has to be spent just learning to cook). We don't have the time to spend 2 hours a day in the kitchen like our grandparents did. But the current trend is people spending more time at work, not less.

And then there's the fact that our entire society thinks about food wrong thanks to the food industry lobbyists (just found out that Sugar moved hard to make fat the bad guy, and it's taken decades for us to learn the truth). When most of us ask "what's for dinner" the first answer is "meat: chicken, steak, pork, etc." and then our sides might include veggies. But honestly The Vegetable dish should be our Entreé with the meat a side for added flavor.

And then there's the human psychology behind spending money. $5-6 spent every day, twice a day, on a meal feels fine...but one $80 grocery trip for the week feels bad, even if it is less money in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Jennifer Lawrence, speaking pure physical attributes, is pretty close to "perfect" (this being subject, obviously). Not skinny, not "thick" or muscular, prominent accents without being over-proportioned and she's all natural. Fake is fail.
    I agree she is very good looking and not in an overly make up fake Hollywood kind of way. But I don't really have a preferred "size" for women. My preferred types include good personality, smart, can carry on a conversation and doesn't rely on make up and lets her natural beauty shine and doesn't obsess over celebrities and is a gamer. Good thing I found all that in my wife or I would be seriously screwed and forever alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Nope. Wrong.

Bones and muscles is what protects your sensitive organs. Fat is insulation merely for temperature changes and extra energy storage.
    So fat is insulation against external temperature changes, but doesn't count as insulation for women's reproductive organs. Okay.

I said fat women are not better bearers of children by virtue of being fat. Present tense. They are not currently better bearers of children. We're not talking about the past when women needed stores of fat because they were unsure of their next food source, we're talking about the current day where pregnant women in the first world (America) can drive to the store whenever they want to get food.

For that matter, have a few extra pounds does not equal being fat. Being obese is detrimental to childbearing and leads to children born with more health issues. It's pretty obvious that the on average the healthiest children are born to women who are healthy. Being fat (actually fat, not a little bit chubby) isn't healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

If a women is closer to clinical obesity then their fertility nose dives. But if a woman is not a little overweight or clinically overweight they face the same infertility struggles of clinically obese women.
    So basically you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, since you're going back on what you said earlier, which was that being fat is not a detriment to fertility. If a woman is in the healthy range of weight for her height she isn't fat, and she has fewer fertility struggles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    It doesn't even have to as extreme as having a large gut. Women who are still at a healthy weight, but on the higher end of the range of what is a healthy weight for their height, are still perceived to be fat. Women are often seen to be either skinny or varying degrees of fat. There's no in-between.

I disagree with the premise of the whole fat acceptance movement thing, but I do think that there are a lot of people who try to justify their personal preferences by saying they just don't want someone who is unhealthy. And yet, you'll find, sometimes there can be as much as a 30-35lb difference between what they consider to be ideal and what actually is unhealthy. There's nothing wrong with preferring someone who's skinny, but that doesn't mean that all people who aren't skinny are unhealthy.

Basically, "unhealthy" is often used just as inaccurately and dishonestly as "curvy" these days.
    Not to mention that fit girls weigh much more than any girl who doesn't know about exercise would ever want to. Once you're physically fit and healthy the amount that you weigh really has very little to do with how attractive you are. The same is true for men - most men think they need to weigh more than they do to have the physique they want (most just need to cut more), while most women think that they need to keep their weight down to get to their desired physique.

We just talk about weight as if its the determining factor because most people are too lazy to actually exercise, so weight becomes synonymous with fat. A girl who goes to the gym and puts on 10lbs of muscle while cutting 5lbs of fat is going to look thinner and fitter than a girl of the same initial weight who never goes to the gym, even though the girl who works out will weigh 5lbs more afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    So sorry to hear that.
    I'm not, it was just my undergraduate degree. I have a Master's in Architecture as well.

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-wome...r-most-2422794

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-wome...r-most-2422794

This is absolutely insane.
    Did anyone know it was this high?
    It's crazy to think that 2 out of 3 women that you run into will be plus size!

It's also interesting that almost all successful women in the media are not overweight. The whole notion of telling people that they are fine as they are is incredibly flawed. It's time we woke up as a society.
    1) I had no idea a diet of McDonalds and other processed foods could be bad for you... I mean, its not like doctors have been saying this for years or someth....oh....

2) We could, but that would ruin their little self-esteem...then we'd have angry fat women chanting more crap, more morons with placards yapping about safe spaces... You know what America really needs? For every SJW to just spontaneously explode from their own bullshit....