Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The only problem with WoW is that there is nothing to enjoy after you complete the gear chase.

The only thing to enjoy in the entire game is Mythic+ and Raiding.

There is nothing else at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me. I love running around and doing worldquests and building up my resources and stuff. I've barely touched professions or mythics, I got too many world quests to do! Need to start switching focus to other stuff though, my reps are getting up there! Plus there's raiding to look at, I haven't even thought about getting ready for normal modes and it's easier than ever to find groups for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The only problem with WoW is that there is nothing to enjoy after you complete the gear chase.

The only thing to enjoy in the entire game is Mythic+ and Raiding.

There is nothing else at max level.
    I remember when it was just raiding. Now we've got mythic+ and there's also reputations and world quests and artifacts to work on, all of which yield character upgrades, plus keeping your class hall humming which helps speed all those along.

I figure by the time I've got all the character upgrades I want from the launch content, 7.1 will be out.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2016-09-30 at 10:51 PM.

We're at the one month mark now so its inevitable for some folks

Yes I'm bored as well. This expansion is way better than WoD, but somehow I still find it to be lacking. One thing I especially dislike is the feeling of being locked into one character. And the use and abuse of gating is just ridiculous.

I have cancelled my subscription already and I'm pretty sure I will skip 7.1 (not really a fan of mythic-only content tbh).

I'm just so pissed of by RNG.

I don't mind RNG for mounts etc. But just stupid things like alchemy levelling and flask rank 3 recipes are really frustrating.
    Atm I make more gold of selling just the mats I farm and buy flasks/pots of AH, than doing alchemy or even craft my own stuff.

I'm not even complaining about legendaries, done many dungeons/mythic/mythic+, seen a few get some but nothing for me.

But just that everything has to be gated by RNG is just the design of a fucking retarded developer with a serious gambling problem.

Sure RNG can be exciting, but atm it's just frustrating when you can't advance something when you even put so much time in it.

Already did, and no longer subbed. It was fun while it lasted though. Most fun I've had leveling in a loooong time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'd be enjoying this expansion a lot more if the alt situation wasn't so brutal.
    This is pretty important to me. I tried to keep the game interesting by alt'ing (like I always have) but this time it was just too much.

Also rep grind for flying. Again. Seriously? They need to stop doing this. Rep grinding is not fun, has never been fun, and shouldn't exist for something besides optional cosmetic stuff (e.g., Netherwing). Don't know anyone that actually enjoys it.

And PVP, something that has always been there to keep me interested (something to do casually) is such a complete disaster right now that it is no longer even remotely fun. I don't know why they think replacing gear grinding with talent grinding somehow makes things more fair and balanced. It's much worse. (Also, again, alt'ing is now worse)
    Last edited by Akami74; 2016-09-30 at 11:48 PM.

Warcraft Realms seems to be on the rapid downside of the initial surge. Seems to get spikier each expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    So you're admitting to having zero evidence of this supposedly immersive content that caused players to not be bored? I'm surprised that you couldn't even come up with a single example of great, immersive, rewarding content, since there was obviously so much of it in Vanilla/TBC.

Stop trying to avoid answering the question, you coward.
    I've answered, you just chose to ignore the answer (or are too stupid to be able to read).
    And it's obvious you aren't interested in any answer anyway, regardless of what is answered you'll look for pretext to claim it's false. You're just wasting my time and have no desire to get out of your ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Theres no such thing as catching up back then. At least if you wanted to be current. If you wanted to remain current or be current, you had to stay on top of things. Half the people back then couldnt even push the current raid tier because they werent ready yet gear wise so they had to go back to the last tier.

That in itself was gating. The attunements were gating. There was plenty of gating, it just didnt seem forced because a lot of people didnt reach it.
    I think you're confusing "gating" with "progression".
    Having to clear raid 1 because you need the gear and attunement to reach raid 2 isn't gating, it's actually doing the content.
    Having to wait for a mission to complete, isn't progression, it's gating.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Yes, its amazing how not bored we were with Vanilla and TBC for even years after release. Tells you something about the design differences between then and now. Some people don't seem to get that there is a massive difference in game design between those two times.
    Sounds like rose-colored glasses to me. I've never enjoyed raiding, so Onyxia and MC weren't anything I cared to do. Besides that, all I remember were people running the same 4 dungeons (BRD, BRS, Scholo, Strat). I honestly don't recall what else there was to do at vanilla end game unless you raided, in which case it was a horrible grind of reputations and attunements. It was one of the causes of my becoming an altoholic since if you didn't raid there basically wasn't anything else to do.

As for BC, I don't remember there being that many factions/dailies in the beginning, Quel'Danas was added late. I don't recall exactly when Skettis, Ogri'la, and the Netherdrakes opened up, I don't believe it was in the beginning, but those are the only daily hubs I frequented. I do remember the lengthy heroic grind for gear currency (and reputation), which was so bad I can't stand to set foot in BC instances to this day. All I remember of raiding were, again, terrible attunement processes.

I guess if you were into that stuff then neither were boring. It was also a different time in the genre. WoW didn't have much of any competition and players didn't have the same desires or expectations as they do now.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Warcraft Realms seems to be on the rapid downside of the initial surge. Seems to get spikier each expansion.
    They have left a long-term content design based on immersion and progression with a short-term content design based on spectacle and big numbers. Results are pretty logical from this on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Sounds like rose-colored glasses to me.
    Anyone using the "rose-colored glasses"/"nostalgia" garbage lose by default.
    Also, sounds like Alzheimer to me if you attempt to claim people were complaining they had nothing to do in march 2005. Or even april. Don't be like the other guy who idiotically made a list of content instead of focusing on the fact that people did play for monthes on end before running out of things to do.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-10-01 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Also, sounds like Alzheimer to me if you attempt to claim people were complaining they had nothing to do in march 2005.
    I was playing in March 2005 and I very clearly remember dreading hitting level 60 because I knew there was nothing left for me to do. It wasn't like now where it's still worth your while to quest. So, whenever I see someone say "we" weren't bored I vehemently have to disagree. The only reason I continued playing from that point was to see the opposing faction's POV and to experience other classes. Were I to rate WoW solely on its end game in vanilla I absolutely would say it was boring. You're free to disagree, but to imply that 'no one' was bored in vanilla end game is patently false.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Repetitive play, welcome to the MMO genre, if this bothers you, you don't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    If you skip Suramar, you will not get access to World Quests as well.
    Yes, sorry, I meant quest until friendly. WQs helped when gathering gear for heroics and mythics, so it's useful to quest until friendly with all factions, do WQs for gear and stop once you hit about 840.

Deleted
    Being forced to level to 110 just for profession sake and having to do Heroics, Mythics and Raids to finish said quests FOR RANK ONE of recipes this expansion so far sucks and going form one character to another doing the same zones is getting really old in such a short time.

I do enough world quests to keep up with order hall ability things and thats it, until flying is out I am not doing them.

PS
    No I dont want everything handed to me but gating stuff behind mythics and raids that become useless by the time you learn the damn things is pointless, usually only the top end stuff to prepare you for raiding was locked behind rep which I didnt mind but by the time you learn all the profession stuff you are about 30 levels above it.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'm not bored of my main yet, but once I do I'm no longer going to play any alts honestly. The AP grind is too much, and it won't be reduced to satisfactory levels until near the end of the expansion, and there is no incentive or supplementary leveling accommodations for 100 - 110. This is easily the most alt unfriendly expansion just because of the Artifacts, and even specializations are fucking daunting.
    Not to mention professions. I used to maintain and level some of mine just for this, but it's way too time consuming, not to mention the stuff locked behind dungeons. I'm raiding, which is okay, and do some m+, which is also okay, but the idea of grinding all that rep again (especially Suramar) on my alts is just sickening. I'm also over the ancient mana farming. I really enjoy Withered Training, I don't enjoy fighting 2 dozen people to try to get enough mana to do it every two days.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Not to mention professions. I used to maintain and level some of mine just for this, but it's way too time consuming, not to mention the stuff locked behind dungeons. I'm raiding, which is okay, and do some m+, which is also okay, but the idea of grinding all that rep again (especially Suramar) on my alts is just sickening. I'm also over the ancient mana farming. I really enjoy Withered Training, I don't enjoy fighting 2 dozen people to try to get enough mana to do it every two days.
    I'm still enjoying myself, but I do agree with you. Generally by now I have at least one or two alts at max just for professions. Think my highest is 103 right now and it's just because I can't get myself to do it, and this is someone with 14 level 100's.

Currently I spend most of my time doing M+ dungeons, EN and emissary quests. I also do the world pvp quests for the sake of unlocking an artifact skin.

Would love to level an alt as their are quite a few specs that I want to play at 110, but I really don't want to go through Suramar quests again to get attuned to two extra dungeons (was fun the first time though) and I also have to wait for the 3rd relic slot and artifact knowledge. Would be a lot less time consuming to play one if the dungeon attunement and AK were account bound.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just logging on to do world quests is getting boring. Would stay to do mythics but friends are already bored and keep pulling me away to play other games, especially HotS since Butcher is free to play.
    Three people have already given up on trying to build a raid team, nobody wants to deal with that shit so we're just sitting around bored.

Would grind AP but the cost is so high I don't feel like bothering with it.
    Not even going to touch alts. PvP is garbage and I don't get jack shit from those boxes.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope! Still leveling new guys, exploring Emerald Nightmare and gaining gold! So... Next question!
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Maybe a little of self control would help.If you don't feel like playing WoW,don't play it,go play something else or go do something else,when you less expect you will have a urge to go back to the game and you will enjoy it even if is something you already done.

I don't mean,unsub/quit the game.Just don't play when you don't feel like it.

"But i will fall behind."Well...i can only say you choose this path,either keep doing it or stop.i don't raid -unless the transmog gear is really good-so i cant give you any other tips.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-10-01 at 04:57 AM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4