Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello guys,

I'm currently exalted with no faction besides NF. Almost done with HM though, but I'm willing to farm a bit to see if rep has something to do with it. I'll have some time after work tonight.

Can you confirm me the mobs that can drop the first head ? Soulmages in Aszuna, and defilers in HM ? Any other places ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker37 View Post

A third person has said they were not exalted with anyone, but were in a farming group with someone who was.
    Hmmm now THIS is interesting.... any volunteers?

So i talked with Flemard, who had the demo skin we ran around farming for the head for an hour (as in not just grped he was also tagging mobs) ... no drop, not conclusive either but considering i'm seeing "yeah i got exalted and it dropped in 10 minutes" possibly a hoax about the non-exalted guy getting it in a grp with someone who was exalted.

That or as flemard theorized the non-exalted guy actualy got some yet unknown hidden trigger and it's not rep related at all.
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2016-10-03 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm currently exalted with no faction besides NF. Almost done with HM though, but I'm willing to farm a bit to see if rep has something to do with it. I'll have some time after work tonight.

Can you confirm me the mobs that can drop the first head ? Soulmages in Aszuna, and defilers in HM ? Any other places ?
    What would be great is if you could hold off on getting HM exalted and try only getting VJ exalted and then farming. This way we confirm whether it's just VJ exalted or HM + VJ exalted.

If it's the former, one less rep for everyone to grind. If it's the latter, we will need to test every combination of two non-NF reps to confirm whether any two reps work or specifically HM + VJ.

I'm specifically attempting VJ exalted first, then VJ + Dreamweavers next.

Frustrating that no one knows for sure lol
    So many different situations

Looks like VJ exalted and possibly AK 4 or above is all that you need. Posted on Discord:

This may sound thick, but what are the odds that its purely AK4 and a careful combination of mob spawns? I've noticed that some people farm for >2hours, other get it instantly. I've also noticed that mobs seem to swap out very regularly, with a myriad of different types. Perhaps its a right place, right time sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyWarlock View Post
    This may sound thick, but what are the odds that its purely AK4 and a careful combination of mob spawns? I've noticed that some people farm for >2hours, other get it instantly. I've also noticed that mobs seem to swap out very regularly, with a myriad of different types. Perhaps its a right place, right time sort of thing.
    Very good questions to ask. I like your analytical approach.

What would you ask instead if the only people who have the appearance all have VJ exalted? And many get t within 30 minutes of farming after hitting exalted? No one without it that we know of has the artifact skin despite farming for nine hours.

Perhaps it is reputation based. Another approach could also be an order of chieftain sacrifices being made at that odd altar type thing. I noticed there are elite and standard versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    Very good questions to ask. I like your analytical approach.

What would you ask instead if the only people who have the appearance all have VJ exalted? And many get t within 30 minutes of farming after hitting exalted? No one without it that we know of has the artifact skin despite farming for nine hours.
    I don't know for sure, but that zone seems to have a lot of subtle stuff going on in it and the users who have said reputation would be a sad hidden secret as there's not hint for it and it doesn't marry up with the class fantasy well, these users have a point. A hidden combination or ritual just seems somewhat warlocky could be 110% wrong though.

Well I was going to drop in and let people know that you can farm Nelth's Lair on Mythic for HM rep, 250 per Naraxas kill. That being said though it seems like everyone is leaning torwards VJ now which is unfortunate because that is one of my lowest

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Well I was going to drop in and let people know that you can farm Nelth's Lair on Mythic for HM rep, 250 per Naraxas kill. That being said though it seems like everyone is leaning torwards VJ now which is unfortunate because that is one of my lowest
    You don't have to farm on mythic , people have been farming MoS _NORMAL_ X_X for 250 rep a run. If you get a grp for it it's like 6-8 mins per run say 2k / hour. On the other hand good luck with that grp and i've just been queing for Maw normal while doing other stuff... here's hoping the fucking WQ rep event is at least a 100% rep boost... coz 75 rep / WQuest isn't exactly... expediant.

I think in some data mining done that we get a 50% boost to rep gains starting tomorrow.

Deleted
    Someone posted on wowhead in Visage of the First Wakener comments section, that he looted the first head with no exalted reps. Wut ? He was in destro and AK 5. Idk if he is trolling or what.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo123 View Post
    Someone posted on wowhead in Visage of the First Wakener comments section, that he looted the first head with no exalted reps. Wut ? He was in destro and AK 5. Idk if he is trolling or what.
    This will be a classic case of "pics or it didn't happen." :/

Morning guys!

Just received exalted with varjar this morning and got the head after about 20 minutes.
    Been trying to get the heads for quite a while now, so i recon i've spent about 8-10 hours in the highmountain camp. So the varjar rep seems VERY likely

Edit: To clarify, i got all the heads after the first one in about 2-3 hours
    Last edited by villa; 2016-10-04 at 12:40 PM.

Its interesting because some people said they only got it with highmountain rep, but didnt mention valarjar rep. Oh well, i farmed hm rep, now i will have to farm Valarjar

what im baffeled about is that before the VJ rep was never mentioned and now its supposed to be the rep you need to get it? even the first warlocks to obtain the skin didnt mention VJ or had it near revered/exalted. so how is this even remotely related?

Well to be fair the first guess was two Non NF rep at exalted, that dude had VJ and HM, people leaned torwards HM, after hitting exalted with HM people spent hours looking for the first head, but it seems like anyone who gets VJ to exalted finds the skull quickly after that.

Armory^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    what im baffeled about is that before the VJ rep was never mentioned and now its supposed to be the rep you need to get it? even the first warlocks to obtain the skin didnt mention VJ or had it near revered/exalted. so how is this even remotely related?
    How was it never mentioned? The guy that got the first drop, at least in this thread, clearly states when asked that he was exalted NF, HM, VJ (page 7). We all just assumed highmaountain was the important rep, because the head droped there

so maybe i missed it in this thread, but do you need to be in the spec you are trying to get the weapon for? Like if im killing eredar to get the item to start the Affliction weapon appearance, will it not drop if im playing destro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    so maybe i missed it in this thread, but do you need to be in the spec you are trying to get the weapon for? Like if im killing eredar to get the item to start the Affliction weapon appearance, will it not drop if im playing destro?
    From the reports so far hidden skin quest items and the spec you are at said time are irrelevant. (People have reported destro secret skin droping while not being in destruction spec too). IIRC someone here also got the head to drop while not demonology speced