Thread: Adhd

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Got ADHD used ritalin when i was younger, dont really need it as a adult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    My boss had ADHD. Worst working experience I've ever had, and absolutely a big deal. Having to ask why I hadn't gotten paid was kind of frustrating.

Then the lying to cover it up, of course. "I paid you yesterday!" Sure, sure.
    If you think thats cause of adhd you are a lost cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    If you think thats cause of adhd you are a lost cause.
    I know it was because of ADHD. I know for a fact he has ADHD, and yes, he has trouble concentrating on the task at hand, which then lead to him forgetting to do all kinds of stuff, such as paying me, mainly because he started 20 different things throughout the day and then tried to juggle the few he managed to hold his concentration on, pretty much ignoring the rest.

Your personal experiences with ADHD aren't the same as everyone else's.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-04 at 11:57 AM.

You don't need drugs to control ADHD.

Knock Knock
    "Who's there?"
    "ADHD"
    "ADHD Who?"
    "Lets go ride bikes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Except in cases of asthma and HIV we have physical evidence, depression as well. We don't have any for ADHD and the "symptoms" most people have at some point.

Neurologists (who study the brain) don't see any signs while psychiatrists endorse it because they're in bed with pharmaceuticals. It's well known in the medical community and not some conspiracy.
    Dopamine levels are different

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I have to paste this:

Now tell me, which living person doesn't have any of these? I'm telling you, I can find my self in most of these things from the list and with age of 29, working as programmer and graduated as bachelor in IT, I do not have ADHD. I just know that no one can force a systematic behavior to each individiual person. ADHD comparison with HIV and Asthma is plain stupid.

What I find very...I mean, super abnormaly stupid is saying "Kids are not supposed to be hyperactive. They should be little droids with full discipline and focus of an adult". Good luck with that. There was also another bullshit "diagnose", I saw a month ago and I got infracted for that. Infract me for this if you want but now that I am saying this because I want kids to be less opressed by adult pricks and let kids be what they do best - be kids.
    "Kids are suppose to be hyperactive" uh huh... I really don't think you understand ADHD, and how children with ADHD and NT children operate.

Do you think ADHD is just this thing that like doesn't exist at all or something? I have ADHD there are quite some differences, and issues unless I'm medicated. Primiarly with memory, inattentiveness (i forgot what people are saying while talking because I wondered off in thought, or I'll just forget what my main point was mid sentence but I can still completely say my sentence i just forgot why i'm even saying it even though it makes sense), patience, and inability to sit (I'll walk a few miles indoors around my apartment sit for a minute maybe to do something and then i'm up again).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Dopamine levels are different
    big pharma makes up brain scans!!! Everyone is in bed with them!

ADHD isn't real. 90% of the world apparently has the symptoms of it.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Just because almost everyone has headaches doens't mean they have migraines

I've never understood the headache thing either. But people whine about them all the time and use them as excuses to not do work, not talk to people etc. So I at this point I begrudgingly accept that they're either real, or I'm an outcast on a world of whiners.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I've never understood the headache thing either. But people whine about them all the time and use them as excuses to not do work, not talk to people etc. So I at this point begrudgingly accept that they're either real, or I'm an outcast on a world of whiners.
    When you get blind and throw up from migraines I think that's reason not to go to work

Deleted
    This is actually a pretty decent metaphor.

I've never understood the headache thing either. But people whine about them all the time and use them as excuses to not do work, not talk to people etc. So I at this point I begrudgingly accept that they're either real, or I'm an outcast on a world of whiners.
    No you're an outcat and a whiner about things you deem don't exist.

Anyway I used to suffer fro migraines when I was younger I don't get them anymore, there is a difference, a debilitating one.

I have ADHD you say it's not real because most of hte world has the symotoms but no... when a person learns I have ADHD it's like they try to say everyone has it and then tries to say how they have it becaues of "one" thing like "I have a little ocd becuase I like my things organized" like what? No you don't have OCD.

There are literally differences in the brain's structure and the way the brain works and different levels of dopamine in people with ADHD.

True, and people seem to be "great" at self diagnosing migraines

"what are the symptoms?"

"like really bad headache"

....Grats, it's not a migraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Self-diagnosing is retarded and demeaning to those with a real diagnosis. Think you might have ADHD? Then go get the diagnosis from the professionals. Most people who self-diagnose, end up not getting one when they seek professional evaluation. These disorders are very much real, which is why you can't get a diagnosis by just believing that you have it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's very much real. You're just ignorant, which is your right, but it is not an excuse to spread lies. The people questioning the reality of ADHD are akin to the people believing that vaccines cause autism. The major medical groups all acknowledge ADHD as being real.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-04 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    True, and people seem to be "great" at self diagnosing migraines

"what are the symptoms?"

"like really bad headache"

....Grats, it's not a migraine.
    Bingo

Deleted
    I'm glad that nowadays my migraines end before any headache. Typically I just get a really annoying flashing jagged edge worm traveling through my field of vision and at worst I get really dizzy and nauseous. About 20 years ago I'd get those things and a splitting headache would follow.

But, that's off topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except in cases of asthma and HIV we have physical evidence, depression as well. We don't have any for ADHD and the "symptoms" most people have at some point.

Neurologists (who study the brain) don't see any signs while psychiatrists endorse it because they're in bed with pharmaceuticals. It's well known in the medical community and not some conspiracy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attent...rain_structure
    https://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/scienc...-pattern.shtml
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u82nzTzL7To
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nOajd_7mo

In a world where you have the breadth of human knowledge at your finger tips is a simple 10 second google search not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm glad that nowadays my migraines end before any headache. Typically I just get a really annoying flashing jagged edge worm traveling through my field of vision and at worst I get really dizzy and nauseous. About 20 years ago I'd get those things and a splitting headache would follow.

But, that's off topic.
    Chronic Migraine syndrome is something I had as a child.. Fucking nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attent...rain_structure
    https://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/scienc...-pattern.shtml
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u82nzTzL7To
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nOajd_7mo

In a world where you have the breadth of human knowledge at your finger tips is a simple 10 second google search not worth your time.

Chronic Migraine syndrome is something I had as a child.. Fucking nightmare.
    Must be from supporting Viking, its not healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Seriously, staying uninformed when one has access to the internet is pathetic.

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/childh...ty-or-excuse#1

I guess we can discard everything that doesn't have physical evidence, going by your "logic".
    My mother was diagnosed with ADHD in her adult years, and when she finally received medication, the difference was incredible. She went from being irritable, unable to focus, unable to stand being around strangers and extremely sensitive to sounds to being the mother she was meant to be. I tried one of her pills once, and I reacted badly to it, because I don't have ADHD.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-04 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seriously, staying uninformed when one has access to the internet is pathetic.

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/childh...ty-or-excuse#1

I guess we can discard everything that doesn't have physical evidence, going by your "logic".
    That's just Big Pharma propaganda, can't you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Just eat less sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    such riveting bs advice.
    Probably decent advice for someone who self-diagnoses ADHD. Some kids drink 5 cans of redbull daily and whatnot, no wonder they have symptoms.

Here is some advice, do you have serious symptoms you can't live with? No? Then leave it alone and move on. Yes? Then go see a doctor.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2016-10-04 at 01:00 PM.