Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I personally associate "getting stronger" as the like... main progression point, I think a lot do, it comes from an oldschool RPG mentality, maybe. I don't think it's nonsense. It's just a way of thinking. For me, that's what drives my entire playthrough in the game. To grow and develop a character and make him more powerful in his adventure or whatever while seeing cool things.
    Then go raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Cater to me personally?

No not at all. I currently play about 5-6 hours a day. It's my friends, and many other people I'm worried about being able to do the lvls of content they want to try.
    I'm definitely hoping you don't consider yourself a casual. Most mythic raiders play about 50% less hours or less than you do once the expansion is up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    There has always been a 15 iLevel difference between the tiers. Emerald Nightmare is 835-850-865-880. I believe the same ratio applied throughout WoD and even before.

Suddenly dropping LFR to complete irrelevance so that Nighthold is 845-875-890-905 is a kick in the teeth to people who actually enjoy LFR.

I don't like dealing with people and their difficult personalities when I play a game. So I don't do organized grouping in the games I play. LFR is the main thing that brought me back to WoW in MoP.

Casual players are feeling pretty much shit upon this expansion. Raiders seem happy. Since Blizzard is intent on adding more Mythic only content as well as further marginalizing LFR we'll just have to wait and see how well that works out for the health of WoW in the long run. My guess is it won't work out very well at all.
    There are more ways than ever for a "casual" player to gear up so I really don't see the problem here.

I like that they're making myth only content. Because then it forces people to do it on mythic. Gating content behind difficulties scares people off from doing it on the higher ones. Personally I'd loved it if they didn't call it mythic only. They should've just called it Karazhan but tuned it as a mythic dungeon.

I used to no-life this shit so I do miss being one of the best geared or having one of the rarest mounts on my server =\
    At the same time the people i enjoy playing with are the best part of the game T_T

I agree though, most people on this forum seem completely unaware that most people are not middle class or something.
    I don't care if someone is a "no-lifer" or not.
    How they interact with others is what matters.
    Someone can be a jerk as much as they want in a raid group or guild where a determination matters.
    Just don't be that outside it.

I don't simply respect or admire progress or gear.
    It is the behaviour of a person which makes me do that.

I have respect for some vastly under-skilled or inexperienced players as well as some well progressed raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Cater to me personally?

No not at all. I currently play about 5-6 hours a day. It's my friends, and many other people I'm worried about being able to do the lvls of content they want to try.
    Ok, what more do you want Blizzard to do for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders will still be stuck doing LFR for the augment runes, or paying out the nose to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Raiders will still be stuck doing LFR for the augment runes, or paying out the nose to get them.
    They are like 200g each on my server. Also you don't have to use them even in Mythic. So again you are not stuck doing LFR because you do not need runes unless you really care about 325 of a missing stat.

Make it so they do not have to dedicate all their spare time to a video game just to play with their friends who play more.
    How much time is too much? Stop speaking in broad statements; I want specifics. We raid 6 hours a week and progress with people from a 12 year old (this kid is awesome) to a 50 year old pediatrician in our guild. Not to mention a leukemia patient.

I consider myself casual because I don't do raids outside of pugs, and mostly spend my time collecting mounts and pets.

It's not about how much you play the game but how seriously you take it.

Also the expac is only just up and running and im already finding myself playing a lot less.

- - - Updated - - -

Make it so they do not have to dedicate all their spare time to a video game just to play with their friends who play more.
    You are not casual. You're just stubborn and refuse to do what the game's end game is then.

You're either stubborn, or bad and know it not casual. Casual implies you play every so often.

I consider myself casual because I don't do raids outside of pugs, and mostly spend my time collecting mounts and pets.

It's not about how much you play the game but how seriously you take it.

Also the expac is only just up and running and im already finding myself playing a lot less.

- - - Updated - - -

Might as well just make mythic raids queue for then. Can't be helped that someone has a different playstyle than their friend. Friend of mine plays Mythic so he gets the better rewards for investing into that content. I don't see an issue whereas I don't so why should I get rewards on par with him for not doing that content?

6 hours without preamble

- - - Updated - - -

Well considering mythics are about as hard as the old heroics i do not understand why there aren't queues.
    Because the design intent is form a group for them. Not just click a button. Also I was referring to raids not dungeons.

Deleted
    Great! That maybe gives the Casualscrubs a incentive to do Normal Raids. Normal Raids are so fucking easy you could do them with ilvl820 no problem.

6 hours without preamble
    So that's what we do. Why can't they? What's keeping them from raiding/mythic+?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    There are more ways than ever for a "casual" player to gear up so I really don't see the problem here.

I like that they're making myth only content. Because then it forces people to do it on mythic. Gating content behind difficulties scares people off from doing it on the higher ones. Personally I'd loved it if they didn't call it mythic only. They should've just called it Karazhan but tuned it as a mythic dungeon.
    Uh, lol no not really. Mythics will fail due to being exclusive to the LFG tool dickwads. The gating already being put on these groups 4 weeks after the launch is just a hilarious glimpse of the future of Mythic dungeons. As raid gear gets better the gate will only be raised higher, WQ, LFR, etc. will never give people enough gear to even hope to get into these groups once the iLVL reqs are 900+.

Adding more content that is Mythic only is just going to piss people off in the long run and create yet another sweet niche for the HAVES to use to belittle the HAVENOTS with their pithy advice to GIT GUD or DIE...

There is nothing Blizzard can do to FORCE people to raid, not 8 years ago, not today, not ever. Gear rewards are not enough to put up with all the BS that comes with organized raiding. The best thing for this game is probably to just accept that and gear the entire game around raiders, just put it out of its misery now.

It is so weird to me to see gaming be so fucking cut throat, I mean it is a game no one knows you are uber Mythic raider number 123 and no one cares. Do you brag about your awesome WoW achives at work? I fucking doubt it because they you will look like a tool for spending all your time on a fucking video game.
    Last edited by slalmon; 2016-10-06 at 04:55 PM.

The end game is subjective. That's what blizzard has tried for at least.

Trust me im a casual gamer, I'll drop Wow again for a few months and miss out on a bunch of progression only to sub again near the end of the expac to farm mounts and pets.

- - - Updated - - -

Jobs, family, friends responsibilities.
    You just said they had as much time as we do, and we all have the same issues to deal with in RL.

Once again, what's keeping them from doing the same content we do with the same 6 hours we have?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, no. Just as general.
    That is nice but you are actually wrong now that it can titanforge, give legendaries, give a large amount of ap and runes. All mythic raiders need those things.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredjw View Post
    you just said they had as much time as we do, and we all have the same issues to deal with in rl.

Once again, what's keeping them from doing the same content we do with the same 6 hours we have?
    they don't want to...

I think it should be 35 levels lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That is nice but you are actually wrong now that it can titanforge, give legendaries, give a large amount of ap and runes. All mythic raiders need those things.
    So why can't they get these thing in their raid?

oh right my bad misread that. I do think they should allow queues for at least normal dungeons. If the group doesn't work, through consensus they can boot/replace people and work out tactics, sure it would be painful but the option should be there.

- - - Updated - - -

what guild let you hit 110 and play 6 hours a week while also raiding?
    15-20 hours total to level to 110. 2 hour sessions that are flexible for raiding throughout the week. Leave when you need to, etc.

What guild? My guild, that I spent the time putting together, picking up non raiders, and taking them through content they want to see. Maybe do the same for your friends.